Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9203 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7896 May 18, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Maybe I should start selling clay too???????
Yes please - that would be great!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7897 May 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
Just put in a order for my clay from Wanda (goodoledirt .com)!! Her nice white dirt or "pink" dirt because of the color but it's so earthy & smooth . I usually eat 1 chunk before I put it in a brown paper bag to bring out the earthiness . Can't wait ! Should be here by Tuesday . Haven't had any clay since last year & it's almost the middle of the year this year . Well deserved clay .
I love Wanda's clay too...feel like ordering some now!

Last time I checked I see that Leslie only mails within the US now? Anyone know why? I would love to order some of her red clay when she starts selling that again, and there are ways for me to get it even if she doesn't send internationally, but I would have preferred to be able to get it sent directly from her.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7898 May 18, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Maybe I should start selling clay too???????
Hey that would be good because I would love to get my hand on some of that Suriname clay molded and chunks. I have not had any clay for a long while now.
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7899 May 18, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes please - that would be great!
I would definitely buy some of those chunks if you were selling.
They look soooo good.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7900 May 18, 2014
Curious wrote:
Just put in a order for my clay from Wanda (goodoledirt .com)!! Her nice white dirt or "pink" dirt because of the color but it's so earthy & smooth . I usually eat 1 chunk before I put it in a brown paper bag to bring out the earthiness . Can't wait ! Should be here by Tuesday . Haven't had any clay since last year & it's almost the middle of the year this year . Well deserved clay .
Let us know what the clay was like when you've had it,yes?????
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7901 May 18, 2014
I will check out about shipping and handling and what not and tell you guys how much.Because the clay itself is not that expensive.Then you can deside for yourself if you want some or not....Because shipping prizes can be sooo ridiculously expensive....I once wanted some Indian Roasted,but could not afford the shipping costs.We are just a small third world country over here......LOL
Icychalk

New York, NY

#7902 May 19, 2014
All things clay wrote:
I want some Crayola now! Have to go out to my car to get some, store it there now because the heat of being there enhances its taste and crunch.
Does the heat really make a difference with crunch? I tried baking a piece of chalk and it got soft.. Tasted horrible.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7903 May 19, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the heat really make a difference with crunch? I tried baking a piece of chalk and it got soft.. Tasted horrible.
Yes I believe it does, works with my Crayola. I discovered this by accident. I have found that even when the box looks the same some boxes are delicious and crunchy and some softer with an aftertaste. I had left some of the bad kind in the car and it improved greatly.

I have tried baking too, didn't work for me either.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7904 May 19, 2014
We sound kind of crazy lol...baking chalk!
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7905 May 19, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I believe it does, works with my Crayola. I discovered this by accident. I have found that even when the box looks the same some boxes are delicious and crunchy and some softer with an aftertaste. I had left some of the bad kind in the car and it improved greatly.
I have tried baking too, didn't work for me either.
Hmmm.. Maybe I was baking at a temp that was too high. In going to try at a very low temp and see what happens. If it turns out good, I'll let u know.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7906 May 19, 2014
Going to the market tomorrow....If I can get my lazy *ss out of bed.Heard they have red clay too.Want to check it out and see if the kaolin chunks are less sticky if baked.I was reading all the posts on the forum again.Had a blast with all of the familiar people's posts and other's who were looking for trouble and found it.If I go tomorrow I will again try to post a picture on FB.Make a nice compilation of the different clays.......
Curious

Chicago, IL

#7907 May 19, 2014
Decided to cancel my order off Amazon w/ my kaolin clay it was taking too long to ship . About to order from her website instead off of Amazon .
crazy 4stuff

Whittier, CA

#7908 May 19, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Going to the market tomorrow....If I can get my lazy *ss out of bed.Heard they have red clay too.Want to check it out and see if the kaolin chunks are less sticky if baked.I was reading all the posts on the forum again.Had a blast with all of the familiar people's posts and other's who were looking for trouble and found it.If I go tomorrow I will again try to post a picture on FB.Make a nice compilation of the different clays.......
Ive read. Through all the comments too n there were definitely people looking for trouble funny how were so against this habit but still went through the trouble of finding this forum crazy.
Your pictures were nice hope you post more soon
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7909 May 20, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive read. Through all the comments too n there were definitely people looking for trouble funny how were so against this habit but still went through the trouble of finding this forum crazy.
Your pictures were nice hope you post more soon
Thank you and I will do my best to post some more...I am glad I found this forum though..Eventhough it is quite normal over here to eat clay,it is still nice to know that it is probably happening all over the world...And I've come to see you guys as family..We live,we laugh,we cry,we fight,but we are always there when needed...Much love to my clayfamily
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7910 May 20, 2014
Suri Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and I will do my best to post some more...I am glad I found this forum though..Eventhough it is quite normal over here to eat clay,it is still nice to know that it is probably happening all over the world...And I've come to see you guys as family..We live,we laugh,we cry,we fight,but we are always there when needed...Much love to my clayfamily
I am so glad that I found this forum too, and have been here a while.

It is nice to hear from new posters, but I sometimes wonder how the old regulars who used to post here are making out. Ladies, you know who you are - if you still visit how about letting us know how you are doing?
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7911 May 20, 2014
Hello ladies, simply addicted to reading all your search and quest for the perfect clay. Stopped posting cos my clay life is pretty boring as I have been clean for a long while now. I still crave it more than ever but with my fibroids out now I want to stay clean as my experience isn't one I will forget in a hurry. I take comfort from memories of what it felt like to indulge and I remember the taste of my favourite clay. Much love ladies!
UK CLAY

Ringwood, UK

#7912 May 20, 2014
Adaku wrote:
Hello ladies, simply addicted to reading all your search and quest for the perfect clay. Stopped posting cos my clay life is pretty boring as I have been clean for a long while now. I still crave it more than ever but with my fibroids out now I want to stay clean as my experience isn't one I will forget in a hurry. I take comfort from memories of what it felt like to indulge and I remember the taste of my favourite clay. Much love ladies!
Hey Adaku I remember reading all your posts about how much you loved nzu and your search for it here in the UK. Nzu is a clay that I am really wanting to try out as it looks delicious! Do you have any info on how I can go about getting some?
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7913 May 20, 2014
Adaku wrote:
Stay strong,sister...
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7914 May 20, 2014
Suri Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay strong,sister...
thanx suri, your posts made me laf so much....
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7915 May 20, 2014
UK CLAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Adaku I remember reading all your posts about how much you loved nzu and your search for it here in the UK. Nzu is a clay that I am really wanting to try out as it looks delicious! Do you have any info on how I can go about getting some?
hmmmm, nzu is quite salty, if you are used to salt less clays, yu may find not particularly enjoy it... However this is my opinion, your taste buds may feel different.. They sell in stores around where I stay, haven't asked or checked in a long while so I can't say if they are still in stock or not....yu will find it in a lot of African shops though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vienna Farmers Market Opening Soon 1 hr abe_farag 1
News Store hours an obstacle to fresh foods in low-i... 5 hr Linda 10
News County jails: Commissaries offer inmates a rang... (May '09) 7 hr Someone who cares 111
News School lunches rise 5 cents; 10 schools keep fr... 8 hr Sonora Mexico 4
News Debbie Rowe 'to go to court to gain custody of ... (Apr '14) 13 hr Awotwi 10
News New York pizzeria unveils delivery box made of ... 20 hr almighty greenbacks 1
News Keep junk food off kids' TV (and the In... 22 hr Three Days 12
More from around the web