Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9204 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

I know

Clarksville, TN

#7831 May 13, 2014
I want slate pencils. After watching Epping Nina crunch them up in her mouth. I can't stop craving them!
Icychalk

Havertown, PA

#7832 May 13, 2014
I know wrote:
I want slate pencils. After watching Epping Nina crunch them up in her mouth. I can't stop craving them!
Are u sure they were slate pencils. They looked so big.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7833 May 13, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame effing Nina took her crunchy vids down.Now I have to watch vids of myself crunching on kaolin clay.Lovely crunch,though.Kinda helps me through the days without clay.Just want to see if my period goes back to being normal and painless...Have to hold out for another month.I hope I can make it through......
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#7834 May 13, 2014
suri clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Planning to do some heavy drinking,Mobu?? LOL
Hahahaha, taking tips for next time I decide to dring heavily.
I know

Clarksville, TN

#7835 May 13, 2014
I'm not completely sure. But I do recall her having 7 comments and the last comment was "These are slate pencils you guys, not chalk." Because all the comments were asking" what kind of chalk is this?" Hours later( because I watched the videos again later that day). The clarification comment of, "These are slate pencils you guys" was deleted, and a few days later video was gone. I looked up slate pencil on different websites and most were either skinny and rectangular or thick like EN. But(shrugs). Don't know positively.
crazy 4stuff w

United States

#7836 May 13, 2014
Mobu Consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you take the chalk as you are drinking or as the hang over hits? How much chalk to you take?
I'll usually take some before i start drinking n then After BEFORE falling asleep.it works wonders lol
I usually indulge in all i want i don't restrict myself
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7837 May 13, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever they are, I want them too!

They do look big for slate pencil though (I have been wanting to try slate pencil ever since I heard about them). I think what Nina was eating are a type of chalk, maybe one of the German chalks that I have seen talked about here before. I know I have seen pictures of chalk shaped like that,...they look and sound so good!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7838 May 13, 2014
I know wrote:
I'm not completely sure. But I do recall her having 7 comments and the last comment was "These are slate pencils you guys, not chalk." Because all the comments were asking" what kind of chalk is this?" Hours later( because I watched the videos again later that day). The clarification comment of, "These are slate pencils you guys" was deleted, and a few days later video was gone. I looked up slate pencil on different websites and most were either skinny and rectangular or thick like EN. But(shrugs). Don't know positively.
I hadn't seen this post when I posted above.

If Epping Nina said that they are slate pencils then she would know.

Wow, would love to try those.
crazy 4stuff w

United States

#7839 May 13, 2014
So has anyone on here ever tried ampo?it looks good...
sai

India

#7840 May 14, 2014
I like to eat black roasted soil. but not get idea from where can I get it. Please suggest me. I am in Hubli
I know

Clarksville, TN

#7841 May 14, 2014
Epping Nina didnt say. It was in one of the comments on the video.
Angel

United States

#7842 May 14, 2014
Tailorschalklover wrote:
Im really thinking about starting to sell clay, i live in jamaica and the clay here is sooooo sooo earthy and tasty....
How could I get some. I had some red dirt from Jamaica once it taste like heaven.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7843 May 14, 2014
I know wrote:
Epping Nina didnt say. It was in one of the comments on the video.
Oh ok, well then I stick by my opinion that it is chalk - I know I have seen pictures of chalk that looks like that.
monika

Munich, Germany

#7844 May 14, 2014
I lot to eat clay...multani mitti ( fuller earth) whole big chunks baked in oven converted to red if baked for 25 mints to30 nd if to 10 to 15 den also smoky delicious flavour..wid little sticky smoky earthy flavour..nd wen more baked in red colour also yummy wid totally crispy earthy flavour...
I luv to hav slate pencils from india..nd also red clay chunks from dere..georgia white dirt also awsum wid chalky yummy earthy flavour of own..also tried odawa stones..dat iz soft rocky earthy grey colour chunks..own flavour...i tried different wayz..mix dem all nd eat..or sumtyms separately i eat to get all flavours of rainy earthy flavour
monika

Munich, Germany

#7845 May 14, 2014
I know wrote:
Epping Nina didnt say. It was in of the comments on the video.
In dat video she waz eating slate pencils..in india slate pencils r of different shapes thin..nd same of dat size in video neena eating
...damn sure slate pencils..yummy slatepencils of india..tiger brand or target brand
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7846 May 14, 2014
monika wrote:
<quoted text>
In dat video she waz eating slate pencils..in india slate pencils r of different shapes thin..nd same of dat size in video neena eating
...damn sure slate pencils..yummy slatepencils of india..tiger brand or target brand
Thanks Monika.

I have heard of that tiger brand before. Wish could easily get some slate pencil to try.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7847 May 14, 2014
Went to the market today and just could not help myself....Bought me a small stash of moulded and chunks.Not much....Planning on chewing it and spitting it out to minimalise intake.This is such a hard habit to shake,clay family......Much love...Took some nice pics of it all.See if I can post them to Why We Crave & Love Clay FB.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7849 May 14, 2014
Suri, I hope you put the pictures up. I love to see the different variety of clay.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7850 May 14, 2014
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>How could I get some. I had some red dirt from Jamaica once it taste like heaven.
Which part of Jamaica did you get it from ? I know that in St. Elizabeth the soil is very red there. They say that soil is good for growing things.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7851 May 14, 2014
ann wrote:
Suri, I hope you put the pictures up. I love to see the different variety of clay.
Will do.Probably tomorrow.Be on the look out :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bankruptcy judge approves Allentown Shula's ass... 9 hr silly rabbit 1
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) 9 hr horrible decision 7
News Frances Marie's Restaurant and Cantina: A tradi... 11 hr ema39 1
News 8,300 Miles Later, Obama Dines With Anthony Bou... 18 hr Le Jimbo 13
News This Bill Could Make More Kids Obese - and No O... Thu Three Rounds 2
News How Michelle Obama's nutrition facts label will... Thu Three Rounds 1
News New Mexico Officials Accused Of Forging Applica... Thu Three Rounds 1
More from around the web