Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
7,181 - 7,200 of 8,120 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7635 Apr 18, 2014
That chalk looks and sounds so good too.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7636 Apr 18, 2014
Has everybody seen Kenya's videos from a few weeks ago on making and eating red clay dirt chunks? She doesn't seem to dig very deep for the clay, but those chunks sure look and sound delicious. That's what I want most, red dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7637 Apr 18, 2014
Info wrote:
The girl eating the Kaolin clay looks & sounds really crunchy & delicious. I wonder which brand it is or if its dug up...
Looks just like the chunks I bought.But my chunks tend to stick to my gums a little bit.
StoneCrusher

Drancy, France

#7638 Apr 18, 2014
LoveTheEarth wrote:
Oh I found two videos on youtube, though I'd share them on here, the crunch and everything sounds so good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CxtNssIAQhgXX
That first one is her eating white clay I think, Im a little disappointed that it looks like it's not creamy at all but very crunchy. Still would love to try it some day.
That second one is her eating some chalk.
My cravings are going through the roof!
These are the best crunchiest videos i've never seen with this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch... . We clearly hear the sound, crunchy and earthy as i like it. Good ones :)
red clay lover

Washington, DC

#7639 Apr 18, 2014
Sure wish I can get my hands on some red clay. Kenya corn starch really made it look good. But I think I need a shovel to really dig deep
LoveTheEarth

Cape Town, South Africa

#7640 Apr 19, 2014
All things clay wrote:
Has everybody seen Kenya's videos from a few weeks ago on making and eating red clay dirt chunks? She doesn't seem to dig very deep for the clay, but those chunks sure look and sound delicious. That's what I want most, red dirt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8mFI3xB630MXX
Oh yes, saw those videos and it looks really good. We have more red soil back home and I know that the top soil is a brown like shade and you have to dig fairly deep to get to the red but once you do its so worth it. I've also found that through the years its become clay like once allowed to sun dry.
LoveTheEarth

Cape Town, South Africa

#7641 Apr 19, 2014
StoneCrusher wrote:
<quoted text>
These are the best crunchiest videos i've never seen with this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eLjofinH1EAXX. We clearly hear the sound, crunchy and earthy as i like it. Good ones :)
Its crazy how often I've gone back to that one, just to hear the crunch.
UK CLAY

Towcester, UK

#7642 Apr 19, 2014
So I thought I'd do a review on Ghana Baked Clay -Ayilo

You get 15 pieces in a zip lock sandwich bang varying from big to small pieces which I think is great, but as it was brought during the sale it paid a total of nearly 7 pound and I don't think this is worth the product as from soul SISTA I could get at least 40-50 pieces including positing for that amount.

In regards to the taste the website states that the product is baked again to lock in the earthiness but to me it tastes quite chemical, it doesn't have the usual Ayilo smell to it either and it would have to be something I got used to which might come if I kept re purchasing

The texture however is crumbly gritty and smooth which would be the reason I would repurchase

Soul sista however will still be my number one clay supplier, the smokiness that comes with her Ayilo is unbeatable, as well as the earthiness!

Thank you GBC for still being available though, customer service is definitely at the forefront as I received the clay within a day of ordering :)
Indian roasted clay

Copperas Cove, TX

#7643 Apr 19, 2014
Hi...anyone interested in buying Indian roasted clay. ..with in USA. .contact me on shabu786110@yahoo. Com...looking forward for your emails
Clay lover

Wheeling, IL

#7644 Apr 19, 2014
Indian roasted clay is too costly. If you get from India is cheaper then here in which price you sell.
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7645 Apr 20, 2014
All things clay wrote:
That chalk looks and sounds so good too.
Yes it does! I wish I knew what kind it is!!
ann

Bronx, NY

#7646 Apr 20, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does! I wish I knew what kind it is!!
It looks like slate pencil.
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

#7647 Apr 20, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like slate pencil.
I thought the same too . But does anyone know where you can buy slate pencils in the US or online for a reasonable price ?
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7649 Apr 20, 2014
Oh, but the one in the video doesn't look like slate pencil to me. It's too white and slate pencil doesn't seem like it would be that crunchy.

My best guess for the video would be pelikan chalk.
ann

Bronx, NY

#7650 Apr 20, 2014
facefaceface wrote:
Oh, but the one in the video doesn't look like slate pencil to me. It's too white and slate pencil doesn't seem like it would be that crunchy.
My best guess for the video would be pelikan chalk.
Is pelikan chalk shaped like that.? It does seem a little thicker than slate pencil.
Indian roasted clay

Copperas Cove, TX

#7651 Apr 20, 2014
Clay lover wrote:
Indian roasted clay is too costly. If you get from India is cheaper then here in which price you sell.
it is costly because of shipping charges..You can go to nearest post office and find out the rates...1bag weighs 500grams...price will always differ if quantity is more. The price of 1 bag getting from India is more than double the price I sell here.
ann

Bronx, NY

#7652 Apr 20, 2014
I see they sell chalk that us a square shape but the thing is to find the right brand of chalk. If that chalk has an earthy , crunchy then smooth taste it will be perfect. It will be a lot mess than white dirt. You can break off a small piece and pop it in your mouth. My mouth is watering. I have not had any clay for a long time.
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7653 Apr 22, 2014
Most of the square chalk I've seen is hair chalk or pastels and they come in colors. :(
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7654 Apr 22, 2014
I typed in slate pencil chalk and I saw a few that looks like the one in the video. Someone on why we crave order slate pencil and said it was very hard. She had to wet it. I guess different clay produce different products. I would love to try the ones in the video.
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7655 Apr 22, 2014
I wish that epping Nina would respond to her comments and tell us what kind of clay and chalk she's eating!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Organization to only prep Black children for su... 1 hr Jubilant Sleep 6
What's your favorite dessert? 2 hr BaskinR 23
First Saturday, Free Barre Class: Your Weekend (Aug '13) 3 hr Vicki Otto 5
East Bay Teacher Tweets About Wanting to Stab H... 3 hr Lt Oakland PD 2
KKK uses candies, fliers in national recruitmen... 9 hr Cricket 23 4
Fear of French fries 9 hr charlesakinney 1
Conservatives in a huff over immigration 19 hr wild child 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••