Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,474
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

#7475 Mar 26, 2014
On the "Why We Crave and Love Clay" forum, there is a guy that sells the clay from Gujarat and one lady said she got 10 bags for $100. I think they are 1lb bags. Still expensive, but $50 for 1kg is just insane!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7476 Mar 26, 2014
EbOnyx wrote:
On the "Why We Crave and Love Clay" forum, there is a guy that sells the clay from Gujarat and one lady said she got 10 bags for $100. I think they are 1lb bags. Still expensive, but $50 for 1kg is just insane!
Has anyone here tried that Indian clay? If so, what is it like? The guy's description of it sounds so good and natural.
clayssoyumm

Fremont, CA

#7477 Mar 26, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone here tried that Indian clay? If so, what is it like? The guy's description of it sounds so good and natural.
I have tasted the Indian Roasted clay and have been crazy about it back in India...sadly couldnt get my hands on it here in US...
Let me explain how it tastes:
-Its very crunchy(the first bite will be like heaven) lots of grit and earthy smell just like when it rains...
-When you chew it..its very juicy and you can suck in the entire flavour of that clay in every bite..that earthy taste,that grit and that earthy smell...hmm yum...(my mouths' literally watering writing while i'm writing it down..lol!!)...
-You would totally get lost in its taste..the pleasure is better than or**** lol!!...
Just missing that clay a lot!!

Hope you got some idea on how good the clay is...!!

P.S:I woudnt mind paying $100 for 10 Kgs because it tastes awesome.....but I'd rather control my urge than to pay that much...lol!
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7478 Mar 27, 2014
clayssoyumm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tasted the Indian Roasted clay and have been crazy about it back in India...sadly couldnt get my hands on it here in US...
Let me explain how it tastes:
-Its very crunchy(the first bite will be like heaven) lots of grit and earthy smell just like when it rains...
-When you chew it..its very juicy and you can suck in the entire flavour of that clay in every bite..that earthy taste,that grit and that earthy smell...hmm yum...(my mouths' literally watering writing while i'm writing it down..lol!!)...
-You would totally get lost in its taste..the pleasure is better than or**** lol!!...
Just missing that clay a lot!!
Hope you got some idea on how good the clay is...!!
P.S:I woudnt mind paying $100 for 10 Kgs because it tastes awesome.....but I'd rather control my urge than to pay that much...lol!
That sounds really good. Is it the same thing as multani mitti? Not sure what u mean by juicy. I like that its gritty but does it stick to your teeth and gums at all?
clayssoyumm

Fremont, CA

#7479 Mar 27, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds really good. Is it the same thing as multani mitti? Not sure what u mean by juicy. I like that its gritty but does it stick to your teeth and gums at all?
No its not the same as multani mitti...the grey clay has a totally diiferent taste and is completely nonsticky with lots of grit and earthy taste...
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7481 Mar 28, 2014
clayssoyumm wrote:
<quoted text>
No its not the same as multani mitti...the grey clay has a totally diiferent taste and is completely nonsticky with lots of grit and earthy taste...
That sounds exactly what I've been looking for. My family is Indian. Maybe I can ask my mother if she can find the grey roasted clay for me. do u know if they sell it in Indian stores in the US?
clayssoyumm

Fremont, CA

#7482 Mar 28, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds exactly what I've been looking for. My family is Indian. Maybe I can ask my mother if she can find the grey roasted clay for me. do u know if they sell it in Indian stores in the US?
Hmmm..i dont think u'll get it here in any Indian stores....moreover few sellers on facebook are asking too much for it...its way too cheap than that....a good option would be to ask someone you know who's travelling from India to US to get it for u...they can stuff it in the checkin bag and you can get your hands on as much as 25kgs of clay in around $25....where's ur family staying in India??...this kind of clay is mostly sold in Gujrat/Surat and Maharashtra/Pune/Mumbai/Nashik ....if you can manage that.. maybe u'll get more people to buy from you in the US including me....:)
Mobu Consumer

South Africa

#7483 Mar 28, 2014
Hey CLAY Family! Its been a while Since I last posted a comment here. My clay cravings drastically decreased after eating raw, organic edible foods... But I started a new job and on my way to and from work I pass a this lady that sells deep red, earthy looking clay... And I'm always tempted to buy, but as always I get ashamed and embarrased about by passers that see me buy, so I just walk on... Right now my cravings are increasing and I'm already planning about how I'm gonna quickly buy the red earthly lookng clay and walk on FAST... Anyway hope yall have good clay days
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7484 Mar 28, 2014
Mobu Consumer wrote:
Hey CLAY Family! Its been a while Since I last posted a comment here. My clay cravings drastically decreased after eating raw, organic edible foods... But I started a new job and on my way to and from work I pass a this lady that sells deep red, earthy looking clay... And I'm always tempted to buy, but as always I get ashamed and embarrased about by passers that see me buy, so I just walk on... Right now my cravings are increasing and I'm already planning about how I'm gonna quickly buy the red earthly lookng clay and walk on FAST... Anyway hope yall have good clay days
I am craving some red clay, and even more so after reading this.

Does anyone know any online red clay sellers that sell GOOD clay and that actually have any in stock?

Since: Mar 14

Kolkata, India

#7485 Mar 28, 2014
I think this is also a type of addiction.I also like the smell of clay but can't eat.
crazy 4stuff

Whittier, CA

#7486 Mar 28, 2014
Bought some chalk today n omg is it great! Indescribable lol
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#7487 Mar 29, 2014
Mobu Consumer wrote:
the deep red is always delicious,juss the thought of it makes my mouth water...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7488 Mar 29, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
Bought some chalk today n omg is it great! Indescribable lol
What type is it? Can you try to describe it lol

I have lots of boxes here, but none are quite right - including some of my favourite so far which is plain Crayola but it isn't crunchy enough. I will try to get some from the store that usually carries the crunchy type (even though the box looks the same the chalk inside is much better). The people who work there are probably starting to wonder what I do with all the chalk lol.
Curiosity

Birmingham, UK

#7489 Mar 29, 2014
Just checked mavusellers post on the why we love and crave clay fb page and apparently she's gonna have the original mavu clau and red soil cakes! I know this is some good news for most of us :)
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7490 Mar 29, 2014
The store that sells the crunchy Crayola doesn't have any white sticks! So irritating when people can't keep things in stock - I suspect though that there are lots of other secret eaters out there buying it up.
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7491 Mar 30, 2014
clayssoyumm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm..i dont think u'll get it here in any Indian stores....moreover few sellers on facebook are asking too much for it...its way too cheap than that....a good option would be to ask someone you know who's travelling from India to US to get it for u...they can stuff it in the checkin bag and you can get your hands on as much as 25kgs of clay in around $25....where's ur family staying in India??...this kind of clay is mostly sold in Gujrat/Surat and Maharashtra/Pune/Mumbai/Nashik ....if you can manage that.. maybe u'll get more people to buy from you in the US including me....:)
Thanks. We have family in New Delhi and some in Mumbai. I'll look into it. Do u know if the grey roasted clay is sold for sonething other than eating? I'm not sure if I want everyone knowing why I want it.
bazil323

Rice Lake, WI

#7492 Mar 30, 2014
I think it can be used for facial masks and hair treatments.

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#7493 Mar 30, 2014
Hi All,

Just letting you know we have the orignal MAVU clay and the super earthy Tanzania Red Soil Cakes in stock NOW!

Hurry and place your orders to avoid disappointment!

(Also we might have just found a new shipment process that will hopefully keep the Red Soil Cakes in constant stock! Will follow up with more on this!)

www.mavu.bigcartel.com

Enjoy!
Icychalk

Staten Island, NY

#7494 Mar 30, 2014
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi All,
Just letting you know we have the orignal MAVU clay and the super earthy Tanzania Red Soil Cakes in stock NOW!
Hurry and place your orders to avoid disappointment!
(Also we might have just found a new shipment process that will hopefully keep the Red Soil Cakes in constant stock! Will follow up with more on this!)
www.mavu.bigcartel.com
Enjoy!
Do the red soil cakes stick to your teeth at all? How much do u get for that price?

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#7495 Mar 30, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
Do the red soil cakes stick to your teeth at all? How much do u get for that price?
Hi, no they don't stick to your teeth.

You can read the product description and info here:

http://mavu.bigcartel.com/product/tanzania-re...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Palace: Knoxville, Tennessee's Pizza Driv... (Jul '10) 6 hr Vern Schillinger 24
KFC unveils a triple meat Double Down 9 hr Speakeasy 1
Manny's moves into Sterling; Domino's departs D... (Feb '14) 16 hr kathykingery 3
8 million Ugandan children live in abject pover... 23 hr kizito 1
Mohawk Valley Memories Thu rustyshackleford 2
An Apple A Day (And Other Fall Flavors) At Leis... Thu American Gentlema... 1
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... Oct 22 Gerald Vonberger 1

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE