Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9259 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

crazy 4stuff

Van Nuys, CA

#7557 Apr 6, 2014
One off the reasons i love chalk so much is it helps me not be so hung over after a night of heavy drinking yay for chalk lol
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7558 Apr 6, 2014
nzu lover wrote:
<quoted text> its soooo good if you like salt then you'll like nzu andit has little pebbles insidebutitsvery earthy and good.
Thanks. Maybe I will get to try it someday.
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7559 Apr 6, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
One off the reasons i love chalk so much is it helps me not be so hung over after a night of heavy drinking yay for chalk lol
That's so funny... I know I tend to like to nibble on it after a few drinks but if i have too much, i end up with a very dry mouth.
Indian roasted clay

Killeen, TX

#7560 Apr 6, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask why you are reselling this clay? Do you not like it, or did you buy it to sell? Can you give a review of the clay please?
I bought it to sell. You can find reviews here of Indian clay
facefaceface

Lawrenceburg, IN

#7561 Apr 6, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
Yeahh!!!
Whenever I go out, I always carry a few sticks in my purse. If I ever start feeling nauseous and there isn't any food handy, I eat a little chalk and it helps settle my stomach. I also don't get hangovers, if I eat a stick or two before falling asleep.
Yay chalk!
crazy 4stuff

Van Nuys, CA

#7562 Apr 7, 2014
facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeahh!!!
Whenever I go out, I always carry a few sticks in my purse. If I ever start feeling nauseous and there isn't any food handy, I eat a little chalk and it helps settle my stomach. I also don't get hangovers, if I eat a stick or two before falling asleep.
Yay chalk!
Isn't it funny? I think i can see clay being preventive like that because of its uses with nausea n stuff but i guess chalk is just as good.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7563 Apr 7, 2014
Hey clay family,tried out something new today.Pink moulded kaolin clay.It's a little gritty,very earthy,dry and crumbly when you bite in to it,crunchy at first and then creamy when you chew it.And it is as big as a man's fist,so you have to break it up in bite size pieces.I could not find any Indian clay in any of the Indian stores.They never even heard of it.Much love and have a clay day everyone............
Indian roasted clay

Killeen, TX

#7565 Apr 7, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Hey clay family,tried out something new today.Pink moulded kaolin clay.It's a little gritty,very earthy,dry and crumbly when you bite in to it,crunchy at first and then creamy when you chew it.And it is as big as a man's fist,so you have to break it up in bite size pieces.I could not find any Indian clay in any of the Indian stores.They never even heard of it.Much love and have a clay day everyone..........
you can buy from me the Indian clay...for details contact me on [email protected] Com
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#7566 Apr 8, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny? I think i can see clay being preventive like that because of its uses with nausea n stuff but i guess chalk is just as good.
Yeah, I looked it up once because I didn't understand why or how it worked.
But it turns out that the brand that I like is 95% calcium carbonate, which is really good for easing indigestion and heartburn.
It's even the active ingredient in Tums!

I don't know if other brands will work, since not all of them are made from calcium carbonate, but I'm sure glad this one does.
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7567 Apr 8, 2014
Indian roasted clay wrote:
<quoted text>
you can buy from me the Indian clay...for details contact me on [email protected]
Com
That would be nice,but I live in South America.Isn't it difficult to ship it out there????
Indian roasted clay

Killeen, TX

#7568 Apr 8, 2014
suri clay wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be nice,but I live in South America.Isn't it difficult to ship it out there????
Email me on given address and will give you the details
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7569 Apr 8, 2014
Indian roasted clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Email me on given address and will give you the details
Allright,will do so tomorrow.I am curious...Thank you
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7570 Apr 8, 2014
suri clay wrote:
Hey clay family,tried out something new today.Pink moulded kaolin clay.It's a little gritty,very earthy,dry and crumbly when you bite in to it,crunchy at first and then creamy when you chew it.And it is as big as a man's fist,so you have to break it up in bite size pieces.I could not find any Indian clay in any of the Indian stores.They never even heard of it.Much love and have a clay day everyone..........
I wonder if this pink clay is similar to Wanda's? Does it have a sour taste? I would love to have access to this
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7571 Apr 8, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
I bought my white dirt from Leslie. For me, it stuck to my teeth and gums. I even baked it a second time and it still does it. I plan to email Leslie to ask her about her red dirt.... Btw, I saw a nontoxic clay made by crayola. It's supposed to air dry. Not sure if its good but maybe someone out there might like it.
I have tried a Crayola air dry clay...did not like the taste at all, threw it away.

Did you hear back from Leslie? I would order some of her red if possible.
Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#7572 Apr 8, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if this pink clay is similar to Wanda's? Does it have a sour taste? I would love to have access to this
I was thinking the same
Curious

Ellenwood, GA

#7573 Apr 8, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have tried a Crayola air dry clay...did not like the taste at all, threw it away.
I got an email from her a while back saying she won't have the red dirt in stock until the summer . Which is unfortunate :/
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7574 Apr 9, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is similar to Wanda's.There is no sour nor salty taste to it.It is always pure clay.Sometimes it's smokey.The pink clay was a little less likely to stick to my gums,as it was a little less clayey and more loose like sand.But it still ended op smooth and creamy...
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7575 Apr 9, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I suggested it... Leslie had some red dirt that she was going to send me to try but then she tasted it and she said it was too gritty. She said she would contact me when she gets a better batch.
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7576 Apr 9, 2014
I'm eating a lot of chalk today and I don't know why. I also started eating the perlite out of my potting soil. Its soft and gritty and some pieces are so earthy, but as I was digging around I saw a bug and it freaked me out. Now my throat hurts, so I think I'll go chew some ice... Pica is making me crazy!!
red clay lover

Baltimore, MD

#7577 Apr 9, 2014
Hello clay lovers. I have been searching high and low for some red clay dirt, is there any one out there that can help me find it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15 things to add to your Erie bucket list this ... (Apr '16) 5 hr Meadville Mafia 6
News Free pancake breakfast to be served during firs... (Sep '12) 6 hr hit-and-run-in-oa... 4
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) 21 hr Concerned 982
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... 22 hr Rod Evans 23
News Restaurant Road Trip: Brewport a " Pizza Hot Of... Sun America Gentleman... 2
News A weird Florida mystery: Meat falling from the sky Jul 21 Mona 2
News Finally Getting Sweet on Jioio's Pizza (Jan '13) Jul 21 pgh 4
More from around the web