Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9230 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Berry

Europe

#7503 Mar 31, 2014
it feels good reading all your comment about clay. I also have the same craving 4 it. d NZU has a special way of making me feel good but I'm getting scared now coz most people say clay blocks d womb and prevent a lady from giving birth. am so scared but d craving for it is so much. Am 18 and I remember eating it as early as 5.Also heard it causes appendix? how true can dis be??.. really wish some1 can help me with vital info.. helpppp please. thanks
White Dirt

Rochester, UK

#7504 Mar 31, 2014
Anyone selling White Dirt in the UK?
Mabele congo

Meriden, UK

#7517 Apr 2, 2014
Where can the congolese mabele clay be brought from or anyone selling them

They're dark grey cylinder sticks
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7518 Apr 2, 2014
Check out this story. Some of us think our addictions are bad; this guy has got it bad!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25950...
bazil323

Rice Lake, WI

#7519 Apr 2, 2014
MavuSeller, the original Mavu still says coming soon? The red soil cakes have add to cart, and I did order some already, but I really want to try the Mavu. Will it be available soon?

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#7520 Apr 2, 2014
bazil323 wrote:
MavuSeller, the original Mavu still says coming soon? The red soil cakes have add to cart, and I did order some already, but I really want to try the Mavu. Will it be available soon?
It most certainly will! It shall be arriving before the end of April. Not long now! We can't wait either!
Info

UK

#7521 Apr 2, 2014
What do the red soil cakes taste like, is there a lot of grit to them...?
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7522 Apr 2, 2014
Yes, I would like to know if anyone has had the red soil cakes and how they taste. I made the mistake of buying the Georgia white dirt and didnt like.
dirtnclay

Wolverhampton, UK

#7523 Apr 3, 2014
The red soil cakes do have a little grit which is expected as it's soil and not clay but it doesn't bother me as the deep earthy flavor makes up for the grit. I can't stop eating them. Have 4 bags stocked up at the moment.
crazy clay

Toronto, Canada

#7524 Apr 3, 2014
Hello everyone I am new to this form any Canada Toronto clay eaters........
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7525 Apr 3, 2014
dirtnclay wrote:
The red soil cakes do have a little grit which is expected as it's soil and not clay but it doesn't bother me as the deep earthy flavor makes up for the grit. I can't stop eating them. Have 4 bags stocked up at the moment.
I actually prefer a little grit as long as it breaks up and swallows easily. Not hard stones that have to be spit out.
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#7526 Apr 3, 2014
hey guyz doesnt the grit make ur tummies or chests painfull????
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#7527 Apr 3, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
hey guyz doesnt the grit make ur tummies or chests painfull????
Gritty chalks irritate my teeth and my stomach, so I don't eat them.
Much prefer chalks that melt down to a smooth and creamy texture.
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7528 Apr 3, 2014
Omg... The chalk I ordered finally came but they sent me dustless. It was absolutely awful. I threw it all away. Same with the white clay dirt... Maybe I'll try that red soil. I just hate spending the money when I'm not sure if I'll like it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7529 Apr 3, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually prefer a little grit as long as it breaks up and swallows easily. Not hard stones that have to be spit out.
I have to say that in my experience some of the red soil cakes had many tiny hard bits in it which I spat out. But I also can say that it was delicious - earthy taste and smell and a nice flavour. Good and crunchy. I love the colour too.

For me almost perfect - I like a bit of grit, but wish this was less gritty. I also prefer unmoulded clays - wish it was possible to get this soil in its completely natural state. Don't let me put you off though, I love this stuff!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7530 Apr 3, 2014
Just wanted to share with you all what I am currently chewing on: my homemade clay and DE chunks! They are so good, and look and taste similar to ghana moulded clay (well the clay I have had from Soul Sista is better, but this is a good substitute for when I don't have that or other nice chunky clay).

I made the chunks by mixing pretty equal parts of Aztec brand clay with DE and adding just enough water so that the mixture can be shaped. I then heated them for a few minutes in a frying pan (don't know if this step necessary, but that's what I did) then baked in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for about an hour. Crunchy, slightly crumbly tasty chunks!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7531 Apr 3, 2014
Icychalk wrote:
Omg... The chalk I ordered finally came but they sent me dustless. It was absolutely awful. I threw it all away. Same with the white clay dirt... Maybe I'll try that red soil. I just hate spending the money when I'm not sure if I'll like it.
So sorry to hear that. That's why I don't order chalk online anymore - I can't stand the dustless either, although I know some people love it.

I was disappointed with white dirt first time too, but like it now. Much prefer coloured dirts though, like Wanda's pink clay and Leslie's red as well as the red soil.
Indian roasted clay

Killeen, TX

#7533 Apr 3, 2014
Anyone interested in buying Indian grey roasted clay within USA can contact me on [email protected] Com for further information
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7534 Apr 3, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
Gritty chalks irritate my teeth and my stomach, so I don't eat them.
Much prefer chalks that melt down to a smooth and creamy texture.
What are the gritty chalks your referring to? I may like them.
Icychalk

Forest Hills, NY

#7535 Apr 3, 2014
All things clay wrote:
Just wanted to share with you all what I am currently chewing on: my homemade clay and DE chunks! They are so good, and look and taste similar to ghana moulded clay (well the clay I have had from Soul Sista is better, but this is a good substitute for when I don't have that or other nice chunky clay).
I made the chunks by mixing pretty equal parts of Aztec brand clay with DE and adding just enough water so that the mixture can be shaped. I then heated them for a few minutes in a frying pan (don't know if this step necessary, but that's what I did) then baked in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for about an hour. Crunchy, slightly crumbly tasty chunks!
I have made the DE chunks but never mixed it with anything. What is Aztec clay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two-thirds of packaged foods sold in Canada hav... 2 hr Kevin OLeary a Tool 1
News Two-thirds of packaged foods and drinks in Cana... 2 hr citizen 1
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 5 hr ShtinkyPhartz 158
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) 14 hr RFLivonia 17
News China, Serbia sign MOU on agriculture Wed Slobodan B Medojevic 1
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Wed TLC 1
News New Italian Restaurant in Beckley (Apr '16) Jan 17 thesaurus 29
More from around the web