Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
6,861 - 6,880 of 8,026 Comments Last updated 26 min ago
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Info wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, What is the taste like?
Hey,up till now I have only tasted the moulded one.I am going to try the chunks that I have read about here so much tomorrow.But the moulded ones come in two flavors:smokey and sundried.Sometimes chalky,sometimes dusty,sometimes earthy.Depends on the way they are stored and prepared I guess.I bit into one yesterday and the chalkdust wentup my nose.That was quite different :-).
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

I have noticed that a lot of the people that are on this forum are really critical about the type of clay and the texture and the smell and the bite of it.I just like the way my mouth dries up when I chew it,so it really doesn't matter all that much to me how it tastes.But I don't like the ones with the smokey flavor.Clay should not be flavoured with anything.You should dig it up and dry it out and not add to it.So can anyone tell me what the chunks should be like,so I will know what to look for tomorrow.
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Tailorschalklover wrote:
<quoted text> is it tailors chalk that u eat?
No, blackboard chalk,
Prang Hygieia brand. White only.
I don't even know where to buy tailor's chalk lol.
Tailorschalklove r

Portmore, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

willow wrote:
Is there any chalk eaters out there? Can sum 1. Tell me the best chalk to eat?
hancock white tailors chalk is good... Its also made from clay
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Suri Clay wrote:
I have noticed that a lot of the people that are on this forum are really critical about the type of clay and the texture and the smell and the bite of it.I just like the way my mouth dries up when I chew it,so it really doesn't matter all that much to me how it tastes.But I don't like the ones with the smokey flavor.Clay should not be flavoured with anything.You should dig it up and dry it out and not add to it.So can anyone tell me what the chunks should be like,so I will know what to look for tomorrow.
I thought the same too but I can't buy white dirt all the time and when I didn't have any I thought I could try something else like baby powder because I just love the dry feeling white dirt gives me when I chew a lot of it . But when I ate the baby powder it was the nastiest thing, yes it gave me the dry feeling but the taste and the after taste I had when I spit it out (I/m not comfortable with swallowing baby powder). Then I built up enough courage to buy cornstarch and I tried to make the chunks but it didn't come out right and I guess I could try it again, I didn't really give cornstarch a chance because I was looking for the crunch, but now I just want that dry feeling again and cornstarch is only 99 cents . I'm waiting for either Wanda or Leslie to have a sale on their clay before I buy some more but the cravings are strong . Haven't had any clay since early December and I haven't had anything else in my system every since I finished the bag of white dirt . Just patiently waiting.
crazy 4stuff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

I'm out of chalk again n i couldn't be more sad lol uggh going to order a big batch this time
nwabueze

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chalk lover, thanks for the info... read about the DE also... i dont want the salty taste and dont want the lumps..hey is DE ok for human consumption...
. Try d clay from south east Nigeria popularly called uzu and atakere. U will love and crave for more!
nwabueze

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Researchers on clay should try d clay from south east Nigeria popularly called uzu and atakere
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

crazy 4stuff wrote:
I'm out of chalk again n i couldn't be more sad lol uggh going to order a big batch this time
Where do you order your chalk from & what does it taste like ? Is it creamy ? Earthy ? Does it make your mouth dry ? Is it good ? Similar to any clay you tried or think it'll be similar to .
crazy 4stuff

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you order your chalk from & what does it taste like ? Is it creamy ? Earthy ? Does it make your mouth dry ? Is it good ? Similar to any clay you tried or think it'll be similar to .
I get blackboard chalk like crayola anti dust (only the one i order online the regular is nasty me) And THE sargent brand they both make my mouth dry n when i get it. I usually will leave it a bit of dirt (just crumbs) n a paper bag do that it can really get that earthy taste. I've never tried clay but lately I've really been wanting to get my hands on samples but don't know from where please if u know of anyone that does samples let me know
crazy 4stuff

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh n i usually order out online through office depot or staples it's just easier than going into the store n picking up a large amount n having people look at me weird for buying so much
Tailorschalklove r

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
http://waltersandwalters.co.uk/TCW-Hancocks-T... . The best brand is hancock... Ebay,amazon, i think variety stores sell them too thats where i get mine, it taste like earth and its smooth
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the same too but I can't buy white dirt all the time and when I didn't have any I thought I could try something else like baby powder because I just love the dry feeling white dirt gives me when I chew a lot of it . But when I ate the baby powder it was the nastiest thing, yes it gave me the dry feeling but the taste and the after taste I had when I spit it out (I/m not comfortable with swallowing baby powder). Then I built up enough courage to buy cornstarch and I tried to make the chunks but it didn't come out right and I guess I could try it again, I didn't really give cornstarch a chance because I was looking for the crunch, but now I just want that dry feeling again and cornstarch is only 99 cents . I'm waiting for either Wanda or Leslie to have a sale on their clay before I buy some more but the cravings are strong . Haven't had any clay since early December and I haven't had anything else in my system every since I finished the bag of white dirt . Just patiently waiting.
Hey Curious
I also tried baby powder,but it was one that had been sitting for a while,so it had no fragrance or taste.It was just wonderfully dry in my mouth,so I loved it.But also no swallowing for me.I tried the white dirt chunks and I think I am gonna stick with the sundried moulded ones.Much more powdery and earthy.
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

suri clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Curious
I also tried baby powder,but it was one that had been sitting for a while,so it had no fragrance or taste.It was just wonderfully dry in my mouth,so I loved it.But also no swallowing for me.I tried the white dirt chunks and I think I am gonna stick with the sundried moulded ones.Much more powdery and earthy.
Sundried moulded white dirt sounds good . I bet it's very earthy too .
suri clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sundried moulded white dirt sounds good . I bet it's very earthy too .
It's nice and dry.Could be earthy if placed in brown paper bag.
Mabele

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2014

Does anyone know where congolese clay from mabele can be brought?
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Mabele wrote:
Does anyone know where congolese clay from mabele can be brought?
kikikikikiki u noe ur profile name Mabele means boobs in my language...lol
Deli

Fontenay-trésigny, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

nhlasto89 wrote:
<quoted text>
kikikikikiki u noe ur profile name Mabele means boobs in my language...lol
Where aRe u from ???
mabele

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

Mabele is a clay that im craving for brought from congo where can I buy it
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2014

The disadvantage of having clay sold near to you is that I feel weird going to buy it everytime lol like an addicted person then the person who sells it ask you if your pregnant or something lol and everytime you go tells you too much is not good lol like I know that already. Does anyone feel the same?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••