Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,785
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
clayclay

Walsall, UK

#7235 Feb 10, 2014
You snooze you lose! Definitely applies here lol
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7236 Feb 11, 2014
Mary Tyler wrote:
Wow! I agree that was super fast, Well All things clay if you want to try smoked ayilo hit sold sista up. She always heavy stock and she is in the process of getting different type of clay.
Oh I have had it thanks - love it!

Will probably order soon, especially if she is getting in different types.

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#7237 Feb 11, 2014
Hi All things clay,

Thank you for your enquiry.

We will take your points on board.

For the time being (so as to avoid disappointment) keep your eye out for our mini sale on Sunday!

Best Wishes,
MavuSeller
Yashika

Lucknow, India

#7238 Feb 11, 2014
I love chalk ! I just love it ! Chalk is the most amazing stuff to have and I am so glad that I can relate myself to other chalk lovers over here ...:D
Amazing this blog is..
odowa

United States

#7239 Feb 11, 2014
Hi,
All lovely people of forum.
I am in USA, in Dallas, TX.
Can anyone tell me where to buy odowa or nakumatt clay?
Any African food market here that sells it?
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7240 Feb 11, 2014
odowa wrote:
Hi,p
uAll lovely people of forum.
I am in USA, in Dallas, TX.
Can anyone tell me where to buy odowa or nakumatt clay?
Any African food market here that sells it?
Check out why we crave and love clay on Facebook.
crazy 4stuff

United States

#7241 Feb 11, 2014
Yashika wrote:
I love chalk ! I just love it ! Chalk is the most amazing stuff to have and I am so glad that I can relate myself to other chalk lovers over here ...:D
Amazing this blog is..
I couldn't agree more. I love it too! I'm now wanting to try clay but looking to get a sample first
Yashika

Lucknow, India

#7242 Feb 12, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't agree more. I love it too! I'm now wanting to try clay but looking to get a sample first
Yes.....so do I ... But m sure nothing can be tastier than chalk ..... But my desperation for clay is just increasing .... I so wanna try it now!!!
Can anyone tell me where down get clay in India?
StoneCrusher

Drancy, France

#7243 Feb 12, 2014
Hi guys!

I want to discuss side effects of ingesting clay/chalk with you. What about diarrhea, stomach aches and.... flatulences ? Be frank. Thanks
ann

New York, NY

#7244 Feb 12, 2014
StoneCrusher wrote:
Hi guys!
I want to discuss side effects of ingesting clay/chalk with you. What about diarrhea, stomach aches and.... flatulences ? Be frank. Thanks
I personal have not experience this myself. I think bcz u do not consume clay every minute of the day or over indulge. I think if you eat it w/o food you might experience flatulence and stomach aches. Someone had mention that it is different for everyone. I wonder if different clay react differently to the body. Also if it contains this like lead might be the body way of trying to remove it.
Tailorschalklove r

Kingston, Jamaica

#7245 Feb 12, 2014
What type chalk do u eat? I eat handcock tailors chalk which is made from clay, its delicious, earthy and smooth
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#7246 Feb 12, 2014
guyz i think e time has come for me to quit coz i almost died yesterday,it was e worst experience of ma life and it was all caused by clay..im glad 2day im feeling beta..juss hope i can quit once and for all
Tailorschalklove r

Kingston, Jamaica

#7247 Feb 12, 2014
Im so sorry to hear that, im also glad youre doing better!
Clayer

Walsall, UK

#7248 Feb 13, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
guyz i think e time has come for me to quit coz i almost died yesterday,it was e worst experience of ma life and it was all caused by clay..im glad 2day im feeling beta..juss hope i can quit once and for all
Almost died!? What happened?
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7249 Feb 13, 2014
Just sent out for some kaolin.But instead of 10 pieces,just one.Slowly cutting back.Havent had any clay since monday.But kinda craving it now.So just to satisfy this craving so it does not get worse and I overindulge.Going to try out the white dirt chunks saturday .Curious as to how it differs in chunk style as to the moulded one.Hope I don't get hooked on the chunks now LOL.Have a good clay day you all..
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

#7250 Feb 13, 2014
Suri Clay wrote:
Just sent out for some kaolin.But instead of 10 pieces,just one.Slowly cutting back.Havent had any clay since monday.But kinda craving it now.So just to satisfy this craving so it does not get worse and I overindulge.Going to try out the white dirt chunks saturday .Curious as to how it differs in chunk style as to the moulded one.Hope I don't get hooked on the chunks now LOL.Have a good clay day you all..
Who are you getting your kaolin clay from?
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7251 Feb 13, 2014
StoneCrusher wrote:
Hi guys!
I eat chalk and have never had diarrhea from it.
Stomach aches at times, if I eat alot of it at once or if I drink soda really soon after eating it.
That's also when I get flatulence, probably because the chalk is reacting with the acid in my stomach and making lots more gas than normal.

Honestly, and sorry if this is TMI, I noticed the biggest digestive difference with chalk when it comes to elimination.
I have to be very careful to drink plenty of water and get lots of fiber in my diet or the chalk causes constipation. And even when I am drinking and eating the right things and going everyday, the stools are quite big. There's no pain or discomfort like there is when I'm constipated...I tend to have very easy bowel movements 99% of the time, but the poops are just dense and large.
I've definitely become a master plunger and it has become a big joke in my family although they don't know that I eat chalk.

Sorry again if TMI, but ya said be frank sooo....
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7252 Feb 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you getting your kaolin clay from?
Hey curious,I am actually getting my kaolin a few meters from where I live.It's freshly dug everyday.We have some huge kaolin mountains nearby.And it is sold almost everywhere.People here don't look at you all weird if you want to buy like a hundred chunks or if you want to eat it right there.It is pretty normal over here.
Info

Leicester, UK

#7253 Feb 14, 2014
Suri Clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey curious,I am actually getting my kaolin a few meters from where I live.It's freshly dug everyday.We have some huge kaolin mountains nearby.And it is sold almost everywhere.People here don't look at you all weird if you want to buy like a hundred chunks or if you want to eat it right there.It is pretty normal over here.
Hi, What is the taste like?
Tailorschalklove r

Kingston, Jamaica

#7254 Feb 14, 2014
facefaceface wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat chalk and have never had diarrhea from it.
Stomach aches at times, if I eat alot of it at once or if I drink soda really soon after eating it.
That's also when I get flatulence, probably because the chalk is reacting with the acid in my stomach and making lots more gas than normal.
Honestly, and sorry if this is TMI, I noticed the biggest digestive difference with chalk when it comes to elimination.
I have to be very careful to drink plenty of water and get lots of fiber in my diet or the chalk causes constipation. And even when I am drinking and eating the right things and going everyday, the stools are quite big. There's no pain or discomfort like there is when I'm constipated...I tend to have very easy bowel movements 99% of the time, but the poops are just dense and large.
I've definitely become a master plunger and it has become a big joke in my family although they don't know that I eat chalk.
Sorry again if TMI, but ya said be frank sooo....
is it tailors chalk that u eat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 6 hr RayOne 2
Goose and plum pudding: How German prisoners of... 10 hr Gabby 1
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 12 hr Neville Thompson 3
What's for dinner? Australia 12 hr Leonel 2
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling Wed woodtick57 5
Chasing Shadows: Carrabelle crabs and a hydroplane Wed csuzi10 1
The Cuisine of Puerto Rico (Apr '11) Tue medioguarddia 135
More from around the web