Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,821
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Clay_Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#7315 Feb 25, 2014
What US stores? Where can I buy it in MN?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7316 Feb 25, 2014
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way it ways is. The last piece always taste the best so good you want another piece.
I found a small chunk of clay in my car, must have fallen out of the bag. Was so happy to see it, will try to make it last until tomorrow. It is good too!

I will probably order some from Wanda soon, love her clay.
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#7317 Feb 25, 2014
Does anyone know of a supplier who will send samples? I really want to try some clay currently into chalk but want to try a sample before i commit to order
Clay_Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#7318 Feb 25, 2014
Hi All,

Has anybody tried terramin clay from ClayRemedies?
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#7319 Feb 26, 2014
All things clay wrote:
Today I finished my last piece of clay that I bought when I was in the UK over Christmas - really thought it would last longer but I guess I overindulged. It was Mavu Seller's original type, and that last piece was the best of them all.
All I am having now is chalk (regular Crayola) and luckily stores have restocked. My bf just found out recently that I eat chalk lol - he knew about the clay, but saw a box of chalk in the car and made the connection and asked if I ate it. Luckily he doesn't think it's too strange!
wow girl that must have been a lot of clay to last u this long
clayclay

Walsall, UK

#7321 Feb 26, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
Does anyone know of a supplier who will send samples? I really want to try some clay currently into chalk but want to try a sample before i commit to order
No one sells samples here I'm afraid. Pretty sure u get more for your money if u try one order. I'd say do your research on the forum to see which clay ticks your boxes the most.
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7322 Feb 26, 2014
Cravings are coming back slowly.My regular supplier is gone for two weeks.One more to go.Can't wait till she is back for that lovely,smooth,creamy,earthy kaolin clay...Much love everyone and have a clay day....
ClayloverTerrami n

West New York, NJ

#7324 Feb 26, 2014
Clay_Lover wrote:
Hi All,
Has anybody tried terramin clay from ClayRemedies?
Yes I did . I din like it immediately when I opened . Once I followed their baking instructions and let it cool down its yummy to chew
Clay_Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#7325 Feb 27, 2014
ClayloverTerramin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I did . I din like it immediately when I opened . Once I followed their baking instructions and let it cool down its yummy to chew
I use to buy the chunks but it was a bit salty. Were yours salty? I wish it had more crunch to it when you chew.
ClayloverTerrami n

West New York, NJ

#7326 Feb 27, 2014
Clay_Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I use to buy the chunks but it was a bit salty. Were yours salty? I wish it had more crunch to it when you chew.
They no longer sell chunks but when u bake it as per their instructions after soaking overnight there is no salt taste .
True there is no crunch it kind of soft one which melts in mouth but tastes very earthy
rose

Upper Darby, PA

#7328 Feb 27, 2014
the name of his store is merry go round. the clay taste good.
Reema

Delhi, India

#7329 Feb 28, 2014
Yashika wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I am from India and we get such chalk boxes very easily at any general store or stationary shop
I am also India.Which chalk brand do you prefer?
Once i bought taj brand but i found those chalks awful.Which kind of chalk do u eat soft n smooth one which melt in your mouth or the hard n crunchy ones?
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#7330 Feb 28, 2014
ClayloverTerramin wrote:
I baked terramin clay ... Used their baking instructions as online ... It is so yummy and it is edible. I eat very small chunk less than half inch and that satisfies my cravings for day.
girl u so lucky,ur cravings being satisfied by half inch clay a day,as for me no matter how much clay i have i finish it in juss one day,even if its 1kg itz like i would have lost control of myself thatz why now when i go to buy i buy the smallest piece once a week coz it ws juss becoming too much..
ClayloverTerrami n

West New York, NJ

#7331 Feb 28, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
<quoted text>
girl u so lucky,ur cravings being satisfied by half inch clay a day,as for me no matter how much clay i have i finish it in juss one day,even if its 1kg itz like i would have lost control of myself thatz why now when i go to buy i buy the smallest piece once a week coz it ws juss becoming too much..
Ha ha may be I'm too scared to eat more :) what I do other times when I get cravings is to eat overnight soaked almonds or corn tortilla chips. Ofcoz they don't taste like yummy clay but some how works for me :)
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7332 Feb 28, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
<quoted text>
wow girl that must have been a lot of clay to last u this long
It was a lot, but not enough...I should have made it last longer.

I was fortunate when I was in the UK to acquire seven different types: Mavu Seller original, white, and red soil cakes; Soul Sista's moulded and unmoulded; and also Leslie's red clay and Wanda's clay.(I also got some clay powders, but they weren't that good.)

My mouth is watering just typing this!
silent

Johannesburg, South Africa

#7333 Feb 28, 2014
can someone tell me where is the clay turned into blocks sold in the streets of Joburg found and made. how do they make it/? how clean is it?
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

#7335 Mar 2, 2014
Where is everybody???It is very quiet around here.Supplier back.Am indulging a little bit.How is everybody else doing??Much love and have a clay day..
facefaceface

Washington, DC

#7336 Mar 2, 2014
I'm still hanging around, doing fine.
Eating my prang hygieia (but not too much) and happy as a clam lol.
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

#7337 Mar 3, 2014
I haven't been taking my iron pills. When I started up taking them, I was on my period and I was feeling sick. But then my dad told me when we're on our cycle we're getting rid of iron. So it's not good to try to put iron in when it's trying to get rid of it. So I'm starting back on it this weekend. But I'm going to start taking it every other day until my body get use to it.

My cravings are still here and it comes when I'm stressing so bad. It's the point where I just want to tell my friends and family and even my boyfriend that I'm craving white dirt and they should find me some so I can eat it. But I'm doing good . Haven't had any clay since last year December. Once I start on these iron pills I really won't be craving for any clay.

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#7338 Mar 3, 2014
Hello Everyone!

We are currently holding an original MAVU clay flash sale!

Only 3.95 a bag!

We all know how fast this clay in particular goes so if you don't want to be disappointed...ORDER NOW!

Hurry while stocks last!

But most importantly...ENJOY!

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman gets bag full of cash at Burger King driv... 6 hr SOS 10
Tupelo woman inherits love of sharing from her ... 14 hr Love 1
The First Sushi Restaurant on a Japanese Colleg... 14 hr Switches 13
New Restuarant Coming to Downtown Paris 16 hr riffraff 3
Health Check: do you really need carbs to recov... 23 hr JenDebee 2
South of Chicago heads north of Indianapolis (Mar '14) Tue Former Chicagoan 2
Hogan promises 'seat at the table' Mon Zombie Corpse Rental 1
More from around the web