Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 342)

Showing posts 6,821 - 6,840 of7,191
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

It doesn't make sense to me that clay could block your fallopian tubes. Your tubes are not a part of your digestive system, so how would the clay get to them?

It's more likely that it's fibroids or a nutritional imbalance that is making you eat the clay and keeping you from conceiving.

Or the two could be completely unrelated...maybe it just naturally takes you longer to conceive than others, just like how some people are naturally so fertile that they can't seem to stop being pregnant.
Fertility is affected by a host of things, including genetics, so don't get all worked up thinking that the clay is ruining you.
It might not be, and you won't know for sure until you go see a doctor and get everything checked out thoroughly.

And don't take medical advice from people on the internet unless they show your their medical license first lmao.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Facefaceface wrote:
It doesn't make sense to me that clay could block your fallopian tubes. Your tubes are not a part of your digestive system, so how would the clay get to them?
It's more likely that it's fibroids or a nutritional imbalance that is making you eat the clay and keeping you from conceiving.
Or the two could be completely unrelated...maybe it just naturally takes you longer to conceive than others, just like how some people are naturally so fertile that they can't seem to stop being pregnant.
Fertility is affected by a host of things, including genetics, so don't get all worked up thinking that the clay is ruining you.
It might not be, and you won't know for sure until you go see a doctor and get everything checked out thoroughly.
And don't take medical advice from people on the internet unless they show your their medical license first lmao.
from personal experience and based on the number of black women who present to fertility clinics on daily basis I want to believe that an interplay of genetics, clay/ice craving, modern diet on the female body deregulates the hormones and can tilt a woman towards infertility. I don't of course totally agree that clay can physically accumulate anywhere along the female reproductive tract and kinda agree with you on that note, but as per the possibility of clay ruining you, I think when consumed connstantly without giving your system time to detoxify the toxins that may be present in the clay substance then yu are at risk. Also, it is not such a coincident that at least 5 out 10 women who crave and consume clay and other non food material present to the hospitals with history of very heavy bleeds and possible infertility issues.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Coincidence I meant
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Adaku wrote:
Coincidence I meant
Many woman who have heavy cycles tend to suffer from anemia which contributes to cravings. Fibroids I believe can cause problems when it come to trying to have children. Do fibroids increase the craving for clay?So many factors to consider but we need to have concrete evidence as to why their might be a correlation. This is why I miss you on the forum . You always give food for thought. Hope you are well.
crazy 4stuff

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

I'm not sure if chalk would have the same effect as clay but personally i have ate chalk for ever now n have 6kids but everyone's different
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Awwww Ackee, I love this forum and all the ladies in it. This place helped find peace with my self and gave me directions on how to stop based on other peoples experiences. My major worry borders on the relationship btw clay, anaemia, fibroid etc all of which I experienced. Sharing views may help us understand why and how.....
How have you been anyways?
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

crazy 4stuff wrote:
I'm not sure if chalk would have the same effect as clay but personally i have ate chalk for ever now n have 6kids but everyone's different
totally agree with you

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Adaku wrote:
<quoted text>from personal experience and based on the number of black women who present to fertility clinics on daily basis I want to believe that an interplay of genetics, clay/ice craving, modern diet on the female body deregulates the hormones and can tilt a woman towards infertility. I don't of course totally agree that clay can physically accumulate anywhere along the female reproductive tract and kinda agree with you on that note, but as per the possibility of clay ruining you, I think when consumed connstantly without giving your system time to detoxify the toxins that may be present in the clay substance then yu are at risk. Also, it is not such a coincident that at least 5 out 10 women who crave and consume clay and other non food material present to the hospitals with history of very heavy bleeds and possible infertility issues.
In the US, up to 80% of black women and up to 70% of white women have fibroids by the time they reach 50. They are more common in overweight women, so being that African American women tend to be heavier qualifies it as being a causative factor. Being overweight or obese can have deleterious effects on fertility. STDs can wreak havoc on the reproductive system as well, and many go undiagnosed and untreated for years. Frankly, without the benefit of research dedicated solely to this issue, the argument that clay is responsible for infertility is speculative at best. Some clays are particularly dangerous because of what they contain, and while they and other safer clays may certainly play a role, at this point the link between them and infertility has not been proven.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

EbOnyx wrote:
<quoted text>
In the US, up to 80% of black women and up to 70% of white women have fibroids by the time they reach 50. They are more common in overweight women, so being that African American women tend to be heavier qualifies it as being a causative factor. Being overweight or obese can have deleterious effects on fertility. STDs can wreak havoc on the reproductive system as well, and many go undiagnosed and untreated for years. Frankly, without the benefit of research dedicated solely to this issue, the argument that clay is responsible for infertility is speculative at best. Some clays are particularly dangerous because of what they contain, and while they and other safer clays may certainly play a role, at this point the link between them and infertility has not been proven.
good thinking, which is why what I say regarding infertility is based on personal experience and what I have seen in other ladies. In the uk, it's pretty rare in Caucasians, they call it black folk disease

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Adaku, I wish I had the willpower to stop eating it. I would have a lot more money if I did, lol. It just tastes so good. I've started referring to it as "devil dirt." Every bit as addictive as crack.
crazy 4stuff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Omg it is raining here n the wet dirt smells amazing
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

itz raining here too and the cream,smooth dry clay i have @ home iz juss amazing.
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

Adaku wrote:
Awwww Ackee, I love this forum and all the ladies in it. This place helped find peace with my self and gave me directions on how to stop based on other peoples experiences. My major worry borders on the relationship btw clay, anaemia, fibroid etc all of which I experienced. Sharing views may help us understand why and how.....
How have you been anyways?
Yes my dear you are truly wonderful and insightful. I have not had clay since last year March. I have not bought any. I still crave it and drool for it. When I am stressed or when the rain hits the ground. It is so good especially when you have the right one. I am doing well. I am glad to see how you have made so much progress.
crazy 4stuff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

nhlasto89 wrote:
itz raining here too and the cream,smooth dry clay i have @ home iz juss amazing.
The smell of the earth omg i love it so much i just want to eat with my chalk lol
crazy 4stuff

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

Does anyone know where i can get a sample of clay? I currently eat chalk but am wanting something more earthy. If anyone knows please let me know thanks!
clayclay

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Am I crazy? I've been sat here refreshing mavu's website all day lol

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

Hi Everyone!

Surprise, Surprise!

We received a shipment of our most popular clay this weekend A LOT sooner than we expected and we are super excited to be back in stock!

Order quick to get your hands on some as we are slightly limited this time round and we don't want any of you to be disappointed!

No one wants to be sending 'When are you going to be back in stock?' emails right? Now's your chance!

Hurry and..

ENJOY!

http://mavu.bigcartel.com/product/mavu

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller

P.S clayclay..you are not crazy lol!
crazy 4stuff

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2014

MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Everyone!
Surprise, Surprise!
We received a shipment of our most popular clay this weekend A LOT sooner than we expected and we are super excited to be back in stock!
Order quick to get your hands on some as we are slightly limited this time round and we don't want any of you to be disappointed!
No one wants to be sending 'When are you going to be back in stock?' emails right? Now's your chance!
Hurry and..
ENJOY!
http://mavu.bigcartel.com/product/mavu
Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
P.S clayclay..you are not crazy lol!
Do you do free samples?please let me know thanks!
Suri Clay

Paramaribo, Suriname

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Hi,everyone.I am from Suriname.Probably clay country no 2.I have been reading this forum for a whole week now.Just couldn't stop reading all the posts and comments and advice given out here.I especially enjoyed Alexx her posts.As I identified with her al lot.In Suriname it's not hard to find the kaolin clay at all.It's being sold all over.Sometimes you pass about 50 fully stocked stands.And it's hard not to buy any if you are an addict like me.Started out with a small piece of clay 4 years ago to now 10 pieces daily.But with the help of all you people on this forum,I have decided to quit.It is going to be hard,I know,but I really want to..I know that the cravings will always be there,but I just really want to quit....Or at least cut back to just one bite a day..I have to....I don't want to,but I need to do it.For myself..Just finished my last 7 pieces about 10 minutes ago.Looking for the strength not to wlk out and go and buy some..Soooo good and delicious...

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you do free samples?please let me know thanks!
Hi crazy 4stuff,

Unfortunately we don't offer samples as all our clays have already been packaged for full sale. Also, it works out cheaper in terms of postage to make a full order.

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,821 - 6,840 of7,191
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••