Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
6,781 - 6,800 of 7,866 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Yashika

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! that's very cheap can you please give us more details?like the brand n where buy it from? I would love get some that cheap
Hey, I am from India and we get such chalk boxes very easily at any general store or stationary shop
Yashika

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! that's very cheap can you please give us more details?like the brand n where buy it from? I would love get some that cheap
I am from India and we get such chalk boxes at any general store or stationary shops, you get many brands and the taste is very earthy and it is simply wow ,
clay yay

Hyderabad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

Yashika,
I'm from India too...which chalk do you get 9 boxes of under 1 dollar ? Only slate pencils are that cheap not chalk
Clay4life

West Bromwich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Mavu is getting more clay this week! Thought we'd have to wait longer to be honest.Hope this is good news for most
rishi

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

I am also suffering from this eating habbit... is this harmful???????
tonia

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Yes the clay is harmful,pls stop eating it
Yashika

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

clay yay wrote:
Yashika,
I'm from India too...which chalk do you get 9 boxes of under 1 dollar ? Only slate pencils are that cheap not chalk
We get chalk boxes for 5 bugs/box and each box contains 50 sticks.... I belong to U.P.
crazy 4stuff

Pomona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Yashika wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from India and we get such chalk boxes at any general store or stationary shops, you get many brands and the taste is very earthy and it is simply wow ,
Do you know if n where anyone could order this online?it's a very good price i would love some
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Clay4life wrote:
Mavu is getting more clay this week! Thought we'd have to wait longer to be honest.Hope this is good news for most
Did she send that out in a email? or is that on her facebook page?
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

If mavu getting clay in stock soon then i'll buy white clay from her . I really want to try her clay.
Clay4life

West Bromwich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Did she send that out in a email? or is that on her facebook page?
No I sent her an email asking.
ivhu

Luton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

clayer wrote:
Are the majority of 'clayers' like myself of African descent?? Any from Zimbabwe?
I am from Zimbabwe and eat clay. Hard to get it here in the UK.
Naomi

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

I did a Google search on nzu out of desperation. I have been eating nzu since I was a child and I'm 36 now! My family do not understand this strange addiction of mine. I am from Nigeria btw. I recently moved to Canada and I saw it as an opportunity to break this habit not until I saw it in a Nigerian grocery store and now I'm back. I drive ridiculous distance just to get my fix. I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia but still that didn't stop me. Reading through the comments, what resonates is the idea that consuming nzu could be linked to infertility! I've been seeing different gynecologist with the hope of getting pregnant without luck. Could it be I am the one responsible through this strange addiction? Gosh!!! I need to stop this but right now I'm still thinking of how to get my fix!!!
anjali

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2014

Hi I eat 100gm of multani mitti /fuller earth in one week I hope that's not too much......
Clay4life

West Bromwich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

ivhu wrote:
<quoted text> I am from Zimbabwe and eat clay. Hard to get it here in the UK.
I'm pretty sure Mavu sells clay from Zimbabwe..
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Naomi wrote:
I did a Google search on nzu out of desperation. I have been eating nzu since I was a child and I'm 36 now! My family do not understand this strange addiction of mine. I am from Nigeria btw. I recently moved to Canada and I saw it as an opportunity to break this habit not until I saw it in a Nigerian grocery store and now I'm back. I drive ridiculous distance just to get my fix. I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia but still that didn't stop me. Reading through the comments, what resonates is the idea that consuming nzu could be linked to infertility! I've been seeing different gynecologist with the hope of getting pregnant without luck. Could it be I am the one responsible through this strange addiction? Gosh!!! I need to stop this but right now I'm still thinking of how to get my fix!!!
Hi, was in the same boat as you... Took me over a decade to sit up... My crave for nzu was terrible. Jus keep trying
Naomi

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Adaku wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, was in the same boat as you... Took me over a decade to sit up... My crave for nzu was terrible. Jus keep trying
Hi adaku,
I was scared when I read about posible lead and arsenic poisoning from nzu and I resolved yesterday to stop there and then. I've starting a 7 day fruit fasting today to help detox my system. I do hope I have the courage to see it through.
Did you ever try to stop?
tonia

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

Nzu is the cause of the infertillty, it block ones tube and also kill slowiing.pls try and stop eating it
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

anjali wrote:
Hi I eat 100gm of multani mitti /fuller earth in one week I hope that's not too much......

Hey anjali did you find the places that sells the aylio here in Canada?
clay fever clay diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

NOAMI can you post a picture of the Nzu your eaten?.I think were all at risk of arsenic or lead poison just by eating clay which was dug from the ground. I love ayilo myself and Im also trying to slowly cut back until i am able to stop on day..It very hard to kick this habit though. yeah i read all aduku past post too and she had it bad for nzu ,but I think she is in a better place now with dealing this ...I sure wish her the best too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Dining review: At Pho Saigon Bay, discover the ... 1 hr da bac ky dit it again 1
Shoppers Are Suing Bottled Water Manufacturers ... (Apr '13) 2 hr Helen Weils 3
Fairfield gets new pizza shop 8 hr Uppercut 1
The best dishes I ate this month 9 hr DDD 1
Former Farm Manager wants criminal probe 14 hr EEllein 1
Fitchburg neighbors come together for yearly co... 14 hr ken 7
Norwegian bans smoking on balconies 18 hr smokers are POS 6
•••
•••