Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9047 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

anjali

Toronto, Canada

#7183 Feb 2, 2014
Hi I eat 100gm of multani mitti /fuller earth in one week I hope that's not too much......
Clay4life

Birmingham, UK

#7184 Feb 3, 2014
ivhu wrote:
<quoted text> I am from Zimbabwe and eat clay. Hard to get it here in the UK.
I'm pretty sure Mavu sells clay from Zimbabwe..
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7185 Feb 3, 2014
Naomi wrote:
I did a Google search on nzu out of desperation. I have been eating nzu since I was a child and I'm 36 now! My family do not understand this strange addiction of mine. I am from Nigeria btw. I recently moved to Canada and I saw it as an opportunity to break this habit not until I saw it in a Nigerian grocery store and now I'm back. I drive ridiculous distance just to get my fix. I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia but still that didn't stop me. Reading through the comments, what resonates is the idea that consuming nzu could be linked to infertility! I've been seeing different gynecologist with the hope of getting pregnant without luck. Could it be I am the one responsible through this strange addiction? Gosh!!! I need to stop this but right now I'm still thinking of how to get my fix!!!
Hi, was in the same boat as you... Took me over a decade to sit up... My crave for nzu was terrible. Jus keep trying
Naomi

Toronto, Canada

#7186 Feb 3, 2014
Adaku wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, was in the same boat as you... Took me over a decade to sit up... My crave for nzu was terrible. Jus keep trying
Hi adaku,
I was scared when I read about posible lead and arsenic poisoning from nzu and I resolved yesterday to stop there and then. I've starting a 7 day fruit fasting today to help detox my system. I do hope I have the courage to see it through.
Did you ever try to stop?
tonia

UK

#7188 Feb 3, 2014
Nzu is the cause of the infertillty, it block ones tube and also kill slowiing.pls try and stop eating it
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

#7190 Feb 3, 2014
anjali wrote:
Hi I eat 100gm of multani mitti /fuller earth in one week I hope that's not too much......

Hey anjali did you find the places that sells the aylio here in Canada?
clay fever clay diva

Kemp, TX

#7191 Feb 3, 2014
NOAMI can you post a picture of the Nzu your eaten?.I think were all at risk of arsenic or lead poison just by eating clay which was dug from the ground. I love ayilo myself and Im also trying to slowly cut back until i am able to stop on day..It very hard to kick this habit though. yeah i read all aduku past post too and she had it bad for nzu ,but I think she is in a better place now with dealing this ...I sure wish her the best too.
Clay lover

Wheeling, IL

#7192 Feb 3, 2014
Hi I wann rosted clay can you tell where available in Chicago?
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#7193 Feb 3, 2014
Just got my shipment of crayola anti dust chalk n I'm so oo happy lol
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7195 Feb 4, 2014
clay fever clay diva wrote:
NOAMI can you post a picture of the Nzu your eaten?.I think were all at risk of arsenic or lead poison just by eating clay which was dug from the ground. I love ayilo myself and Im also trying to slowly cut back until i am able to stop on day..It very hard to kick this habit though. yeah i read all aduku past post too and she had it bad for nzu ,but I think she is in a better place now with dealing this ...I sure wish her the best too.
Thanx babes! I need everyone's prayers. I have even quite clean for a year now and the reward far outweighs indulging. I don't post too often cos I will always preach cutting it out, and don't want anyone to feel too bad about indulging.
At the peak of my addiction I did not fancy being told to stop, I'm sure some of us still indulging will feel exactly like I felt then. That said I'm hoping that soon we will find strength to kick the habit
anjali

Toronto, Canada

#7196 Feb 4, 2014
inlove with aylio wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey anjali did you find the places that sells the aylio here in Canada?
no not yet I don't know where thy sell.....
Naomi

Toronto, Canada

#7197 Feb 4, 2014
clay fever clay diva wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have any left right now and I've resolved not to buy again. It's very sandy and has a lot of debris and salt in it. It's creamy in color too. It either cones from Ghana or Nigeria.
Naomi

Toronto, Canada

#7198 Feb 4, 2014
tonia wrote:
Nzu is the cause of the infertillty, it block ones tube and also kill slowiing.pls try and stop eating it
Wow!!! I've stopped since Saturday 1st February. That was my last ( hopefully). Is there a link where I can read more about this and what I can do get rid of my infertility? Gosh things we do to our bodies!!!!
inlove with aylio

Toronto, Canada

#7199 Feb 4, 2014
anjali wrote:
<quoted text>no not yet I don't know where thy sell.....
Really? I posted 2 address and names and a number where you can get it from . if you go back a few pages when I replied to you its there.
tonia

UK

#7200 Feb 4, 2014
Naomi, do u have Fibriod. Because fibriod make ones to lick Nzu6
anjali

Toronto, Canada

#7201 Feb 4, 2014
inlove with aylio wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I posted 2 address and names and a number where you can get it from . if you go back a few pages when I replied to you its there.
sorry dear can u plz post again i couldnt find it.....
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7202 Feb 4, 2014
tonia wrote:
had a big one that I took out a year ago. Can't medically prove it but personally think it does
Naomi

Toronto, Canada

#7203 Feb 4, 2014
tonia wrote:
Haven't really been tested for fibroids recently. I do have heavy periods and I suspect I may have one. Too afraid to check :) but I will sum up courage and have a scan soon.
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#7204 Feb 4, 2014
tonia wrote:
girl,i think u right coz ive been having unprotected sex for almost a year now and still no pregnancy,i juss hope itz reversable and i can have babies.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7206 Feb 5, 2014
nhlasto89 wrote:
<quoted text>
girl,i think u right coz ive been having unprotected sex for almost a year now and still no pregnancy,i juss hope itz reversable and i can have babies.
are your periods regular? If they are then it may not be that bad. If they are not then you may have to make plans to see a FS.... My opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best Local Spots for Fried Chicken 12 min bodhi451 1
News Scientists Develop Non-Melting Ice Cream 2 hr Spotted Girl 17
News Pat Robertson's Latest Apocalypse Just Got Pers... 23 hr President Bernie 1
News Putin Pumps Iron, Internet Delivers Punch Lines Wed tiny CLOWN FUHRER 2
News Fast food-style Middle Eastern lands in downtow... Wed Gerry 16
News Roundup: Primanti Bros. coming to Noblesville, ... Wed Candy 1
News Would you eat this? KFC releases pink, black bu... Wed DILF 12
More from around the web