Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Info

Rochester, UK

#7165 Jan 29, 2014
Yashika wrote:
<quoted text>
That chalk has a very earthy smell and even earthier taste .... It's very crunchy and smooth ... We get like 50 sticks per box .... The white ones are cheaper ... You can get around 9 boxes in 1$.... And the taste is simply indescribable ...
Is this Slate Pencils you are talking about...if so which brand?
Curious

Locust Grove, GA

#7166 Jan 29, 2014
Yashika wrote:
<quoted text>
That chalk has a very earthy smell and even earthier taste .... It's very crunchy and smooth ... We get like 50 sticks per box .... The white ones are cheaper ... You can get around 9 boxes in 1$.... And the taste is simply indescribable ...
Where do you buy this at? Where ate you from?
crazy 4stuff

Van Nuys, CA

#7167 Jan 29, 2014
Yashika wrote:
<quoted text>
That chalk has a very earthy smell and even earthier taste .... It's very crunchy and smooth ... We get like 50 sticks per box .... The white ones are cheaper ... You can get around 9 boxes in 1$.... And the taste is simply indescribable ...
WOW! that's very cheap can you please give us more details?like the brand n where buy it from? I would love get some that cheap
Facefaceface

Alexandria, VA

#7168 Jan 29, 2014
lol we should go on a trip around the world tasting all the chalks and slates and clays and whatever else.
It would be like one of those food shows except for without the food.
crazy 4stuff

United States

#7169 Jan 29, 2014
Facefaceface wrote:
lol we should go on a trip around the world tasting all the chalks and slates and clays and whatever else.
It would be like one of those food shows except for without the food.
I'm in!lol
Yashika

Lucknow, India

#7170 Jan 31, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! that's very cheap can you please give us more details?like the brand n where buy it from? I would love get some that cheap
Hey, I am from India and we get such chalk boxes very easily at any general store or stationary shop
Yashika

Lucknow, India

#7171 Jan 31, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! that's very cheap can you please give us more details?like the brand n where buy it from? I would love get some that cheap
I am from India and we get such chalk boxes at any general store or stationary shops, you get many brands and the taste is very earthy and it is simply wow ,
,
clay yay

Hyderabad, India

#7172 Jan 31, 2014
Yashika,
I'm from India too...which chalk do you get 9 boxes of under 1 dollar ? Only slate pencils are that cheap not chalk
Clay4life

Nottingham, UK

#7173 Feb 1, 2014
Mavu is getting more clay this week! Thought we'd have to wait longer to be honest.Hope this is good news for most
rishi

Ashburn, VA

#7174 Feb 1, 2014
I am also suffering from this eating habbit... is this harmful???????
tonia

UK

#7175 Feb 1, 2014
Yes the clay is harmful,pls stop eating it
Yashika

Lucknow, India

#7176 Feb 2, 2014
clay yay wrote:
Yashika,
I'm from India too...which chalk do you get 9 boxes of under 1 dollar ? Only slate pencils are that cheap not chalk
We get chalk boxes for 5 bugs/box and each box contains 50 sticks.... I belong to U.P.
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

#7177 Feb 2, 2014
Yashika wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from India and we get such chalk boxes at any general store or stationary shops, you get many brands and the taste is very earthy and it is simply wow ,
,
Do you know if n where anyone could order this online?it's a very good price i would love some
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#7178 Feb 2, 2014
Clay4life wrote:
Mavu is getting more clay this week! Thought we'd have to wait longer to be honest.Hope this is good news for most
Did she send that out in a email? or is that on her facebook page?
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#7179 Feb 2, 2014
If mavu getting clay in stock soon then i'll buy white clay from her . I really want to try her clay.
Clay4life

Nottingham, UK

#7180 Feb 2, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Did she send that out in a email? or is that on her facebook page?
No I sent her an email asking.
ivhu

London, UK

#7181 Feb 2, 2014
clayer wrote:
Are the majority of 'clayers' like myself of African descent?? Any from Zimbabwe?
I am from Zimbabwe and eat clay. Hard to get it here in the UK.
Naomi

Scarborough, Canada

#7182 Feb 2, 2014
I did a Google search on nzu out of desperation. I have been eating nzu since I was a child and I'm 36 now! My family do not understand this strange addiction of mine. I am from Nigeria btw. I recently moved to Canada and I saw it as an opportunity to break this habit not until I saw it in a Nigerian grocery store and now I'm back. I drive ridiculous distance just to get my fix. I have been diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia but still that didn't stop me. Reading through the comments, what resonates is the idea that consuming nzu could be linked to infertility! I've been seeing different gynecologist with the hope of getting pregnant without luck. Could it be I am the one responsible through this strange addiction? Gosh!!! I need to stop this but right now I'm still thinking of how to get my fix!!!
anjali

Toronto, Canada

#7183 Feb 2, 2014
Hi I eat 100gm of multani mitti /fuller earth in one week I hope that's not too much......
Clay4life

Nottingham, UK

#7184 Feb 3, 2014
ivhu wrote:
<quoted text> I am from Zimbabwe and eat clay. Hard to get it here in the UK.
I'm pretty sure Mavu sells clay from Zimbabwe..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Mexican Restaurant, El Fuego, Opens; Offers... (Mar '14) 5 hr Frank Longdong 4
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Jun 24 tour and travel 34
News Le Bonheur set to build on Vann Drive Jun 23 MsCrib 1
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... Jun 23 longtail 1
News Upcoming community dinners in June (Jun '10) Jun 23 chance 4
News Has Central Texas barbecue forgotten its Africa... Jun 21 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News The Unhealthiest Meals at Chain Restaurants (Jun '15) Jun 21 syllogism 12
More from around the web