Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
6,661 - 6,680 of 7,904 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too modern to some people after all we are eating dirt so something must be wrong with us. We say cravings while other say it psychological. I think they are not sure. Food we eat grow in soil so it can't be that bad.Our ancestors have been doing it for centuries. We just go overboard. They used clay for medicinal purpose when necessary while we use it daily.
couldnt help chuckling at 'it can't be that bad'......

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Hi Everyone!

The Kenyan Nakumatt Clay is now in stock!

Plus we have the Tanzanian Red Soil Cakes on SALE!

www.mavu.bigcartel.com

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
crazy 4stuff

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Anyone on here like eating Chalk?i can't get enough of it
shabu

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

Any feedback on soul sista smoked moulded aylio clay....how does it taste is it sticky
hannahclaylover

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

shabu wrote:
Any feedback on soul sista smoked moulded aylio clay....how does it taste is it sticky
its delicious and crunchy

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

hannahclaylover wrote:
<quoted text>
its delicious and crunchy
SoulSists ayilo has a smokey taste ,lots of grit and very crunchy her ayilo do have small pebbes inside.not sticky. I really enjoy her clay is my favorite clay so far. If you enjoy all the above you are gonna like her clay alot,
shabu

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2014

Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
SoulSists ayilo has a smokey taste ,lots of grit and very crunchy her ayilo do have small pebbes inside.not sticky. I really enjoy her clay is my favorite clay so far. If you enjoy all the above you are gonna like her clay alot,
planning to order some...sounds yummy...hope I will like it
UK CLAY

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Hey Clay Family, so I tried so hard to try and like the Original Mavu Clay but it just wouldnt happen, it was way too smooth and I didnt have any earthy taste to it all and there was so much of it I just had to throw it away :(
dirtnclay

Rowley Regis, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

UK CLAY wrote:
Hey Clay Family, so I tried so hard to try and like the Original Mavu Clay but it just wouldnt happen, it was way too smooth and I didnt have any earthy taste to it all and there was so much of it I just had to throw it away :(
:O you threw it away!? You should have given it to me! Did u bake it? Seems baking brings out the earthy flavour for most.

Since: Jul 13

Fontenay-trésigny, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

ann

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

UK CLAY wrote:
Being that it was soft baking it would make it hard and crunchy.
Dirt

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Is it bad that I'm just waiting on an email from Leslie or Wanda saying they're have a special on their clay? Like half price on clay or free shipping... Maybe it's just me . I LOVE their clay.
ann

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Dirt wrote:
Is it bad that I'm just waiting on an email from Leslie or Wanda saying they're have a special on their clay? Like half price on clay or free shipping... Maybe it's just me . I LOVE their clay.
No it is not. Wishing, hoping. Hmm.
clay fever clay diva

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Wishing and waiting for SoulSita to have a clay special too. Did any one order and Mavu nuttkmeg clay if so how did you like it.
clay24_7

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

I looooovvvveeee clay. I usually eat a big cup of clay but like its clay from mexico. Its delicious without the glaze of course.
Clay4life

Rowley Regis, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Judged:

I got all my clays from Mavu last week. Thought I'd review..original is my favorite! I can eat it both baked and unbaked. Still as yummy. Prefer baked tho. Thought the red clay had a bit too much grit for me but the flavor was still super earthy. The white clay tastes clean and having tried Leslie's it's pretty much the same. Nakumatt is real crunchy and not sticky. Will have to stock up on the original mavu tho since I just checked her site and it's the only clay left in stock which can only mean one thing...it's next!
odowa

Campbell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Hi there. ... any one is ordering clay from San Jose , pls inform me... I want to eat some I dont have card but I have money in my hand... I ll pay money back to them.... I m living in Hamilton ave...pls help me..

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

I am desperate for some ayilo right now. Does anyone know where I can get some or know someone who is willing to ship some? I will compensate for your time, price of the clay, and shipping. Love4clay is not selling it anymore, and Soul Sista is not responding.
clay4u

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

odowa wrote:
Hi there.... any one is ordering clay from San Jose , pls inform me... I want to eat some I dont have card but I have money in my hand... I ll pay money back to them.... I m living in Hamilton ave...pls help me..
hey im from sanjose too..is thr clay being sold at sanjose?
Fyi there is an african store...aftican foods market over at hamilton they sell clay occasionally.
crazy 4stuff

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2014

Does anyone know of a forum for people that eat chalk? I imagine clay is similar to chalk n i totally relate to the urges clay eaters get, i just can't get enough of it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 2 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 40
Hundreds of fatigued Syrian rebels give up the ... 3 hr ThatOneBand 4
Products from Azerbaijan receive 'registration'... 8 hr Dander 5
Lehighton's Red Castle Brewpub to hold grand op... 19 hr DRUNKEN LOSERS REJOICE 1
Zoo Gets Fruit From Flipped Truck 19 hr Parden Pard 2
Owen Sound farmer fights the law against sellin... (Dec '06) Thu Search 2
Nestl &copy; Pure Life Exotics Thu sales 1
•••
•••