Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9259 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

odowa

San Jose, CA

#7057 Jan 8, 2014
Hi there. ... any one is ordering clay from San Jose , pls inform me... I want to eat some I dont have card but I have money in my hand... I ll pay money back to them.... I m living in Hamilton ave...pls help me..

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

#7058 Jan 8, 2014
I am desperate for some ayilo right now. Does anyone know where I can get some or know someone who is willing to ship some? I will compensate for your time, price of the clay, and shipping. Love4clay is not selling it anymore, and Soul Sista is not responding.
clay4u

Fairfield, CA

#7059 Jan 8, 2014
odowa wrote:
Hi there.... any one is ordering clay from San Jose , pls inform me... I want to eat some I dont have card but I have money in my hand... I ll pay money back to them.... I m living in Hamilton ave...pls help me..
hey im from sanjose too..is thr clay being sold at sanjose?
Fyi there is an african store...aftican foods market over at hamilton they sell clay occasionally.
crazy 4stuff

Hayward, CA

#7060 Jan 8, 2014
Does anyone know of a forum for people that eat chalk? I imagine clay is similar to chalk n i totally relate to the urges clay eaters get, i just can't get enough of it
ama

UK

#7061 Jan 9, 2014
I love shile. But. How. Can I stop it cus mum says is bad

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#7062 Jan 9, 2014
Hi Ladies,

Just informing you that there are only:

12 BAGS OF THE ORIGINAL MAVU CLAY LEFT!

We didn't think it'd go this fast but we are still working on becoming a more consistent supplier.

Sadly, our next large shipment will only be here in APRIL!:(

Enjoy while it lasts,
MavuSeller
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7063 Jan 9, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
Does anyone know of a forum for people that eat chalk? I imagine clay is similar to chalk n i totally relate to the urges clay eaters get, i just can't get enough of it
I love chalk too (white), and there are or have been a couple of other chalk eaters here too.

I don't like all chalk: I like it if it has a nice taste and is crunchy, not too heavy, and with very slight grit. I look at it as a substitute for clay though. Have you ever tried clay, or just chalk? What type chalk(s) do you like?

The good thing about chalk is that it is not as messy to eat/chew on as some of the clays are. I can take my chalk sticks to work and eat them, no problem!
Clay4life

York, UK

#7064 Jan 9, 2014
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Ladies,
Just informing you that there are only:
12 BAGS OF THE ORIGINAL MAVU CLAY LEFT!
We didn't think it'd go this fast but we are still working on becoming a more consistent supplier.
Sadly, our next large shipment will only be here in APRIL!:(
Enjoy while it lasts,
MavuSeller
Lol see! What did I say! Thanks for the heads up Mavu. But April tho? Soooo far away..
crazy 4stuff

Hayward, CA

#7065 Jan 9, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I love chalk too (white), and there are or have been a couple of other chalk eaters here too.
I don't like all chalk: I like it if it has a nice taste and is crunchy, not too heavy, and with very slight grit. I look at it as a substitute for clay though. Have you ever tried clay, or just chalk? What type chalk(s) do you like?
The good thing about chalk is that it is not as messy to eat/chew on as some of the clays are. I can take my chalk sticks to work and eat them, no problem!
I remember trying clay when i was younger n really liking it but not knowing where to Get it was the problem and Chalk was just so much easier you get i love the Crayola anti dust but i have to order it online bcuz they don't sell it at any stores near me i also like the sargent that one i can find at any office depot, it taste so good to me it's indescribable so glad to know I'm not alone!
crazy 4stuff

Denver, CO

#7066 Jan 9, 2014
ama wrote:
I love shile. But. How. Can I stop it cus mum says is bad
Pardon, but What is shile?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7067 Jan 10, 2014
crazy 4stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon, but What is shile?
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I recall seeing that it is another name for ayilo - the clay from Ghana like what Soul Sista sells.
Courtney

South Africa

#7068 Jan 10, 2014
Lol you people sound weird! I'm 20 years old and have been eating clay since I was a little child.I eat it none stop..if I could eat it all day I would..I have developed side effects if I ate too much I get constipated.Its very uneasy and not a pleasant feeling.I do want to stop...but its a struggle..I'm afraid to say I am aadicted...what do you do when you get married? Or live with friends? Cause my family knows about it so my bag of clay is always around the house.my mom even allows me to put in a bowl and eat it like that.But I do realise that this can be problematic..cause I have also found that my skin around my legs are aways drenched with scars and misquitos seem to find my legs as the perfect thing to bit..my mom and gran says its because the clay makes my blood dirty and that's why my skin can't heal properly I don't wear short skirts anymore cause my legs are full of scars...please help :(
crazy 4stuff

Fairfield, CA

#7069 Jan 10, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I recall seeing that it is another name for ayilo - the clay from Ghana like what Soul Sista sells.
I see thanks for clarifying!
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7070 Jan 10, 2014
@ Courtney. I do not think eating clay has anything to do with your mosquito bites. If you rare scratching them they will leave a scar. You can put cocoa butter on the scar to help diminish the apppearance. Do you live in a tropical area? Do you leave water lying around outside in buckets? Any water lying around are breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
dirt lady

Miami, FL

#7071 Jan 11, 2014
Has anyone had georgia white dirt. Com by leslie
If so how is the white dirt. Im looking for a good taste and no grit is the texture smooth
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#7072 Jan 11, 2014
dirt lady wrote:
Has anyone had georgia white dirt. Com by leslie
If so how is the white dirt. Im looking for a good taste and no grit is the texture smooth
Yes her dirt is smooth with no grit. I had tried both hers and Wanda's dirt (goodoledirt . Com) I personally like Wanda's more because she has a sour taste and to me it seems as though she gives you more for your money. But some people complain about it being a like pink on the inside when you bite into it and that's the sour part. But you might enjoy Leslie pure white dirt. Smooth, no grit, earthy and very good.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#7073 Jan 11, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes her dirt is smooth with no grit. I had tried both hers and Wanda's dirt (goodoledirt . Com) I personally like Wanda's more because she has a sour taste and to me it seems as though she gives you more for your money. But some people complain about it being a like pink on the inside when you bite into it and that's the sour part. But you might enjoy Leslie pure white dirt. Smooth, no grit, earthy and very good.
I love Wanda's dirt. I was surprised because I expected it to have like just a line of pink but some of the chunks have been half pink and some have been solid pink. It is so good, if you like a sour taste.
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#7074 Jan 11, 2014
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Wanda's dirt. I was surprised because I expected it to have like just a line of pink but some of the chunks have been half pink and some have been solid pink. It is so good, if you like a sour taste.
Omg , my mouth waters when I think about it , I haven't had any clay in about a month . Cravings can get strong here and there , but I want to fight the temptation .
crazy 4stuff

United States

#7075 Jan 12, 2014
I feel horrible I'm all out of chalk n cravings were so bad i munched on some loose cement i found n it was so good n earthy but i know it can't be any good for me i should of gone with just dirt lol
crazy 4stuff

United States

#7076 Jan 12, 2014
ann wrote:
@ Courtney. I do not think eating clay has anything to do with your mosquito bites. If you rare scratching them they will leave a scar. You can put cocoa butter on the scar to help diminish the apppearance. Do you live in a tropical area? Do you leave water lying around outside in buckets? Any water lying around are breeding grounds for mosquitoes.
I agree i highly doubt eating clay had anything to do with mosquitoe bites...i also don't think it's very nice to call others weird specially when you're doing the same...just my opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More pizza please: Pasquale's ready to expand 6 hr uchrisbrownq 1
News Farm-to-plate restaurant to set up shop in Quak... 6 hr Sam 26
News Alice's Place in Elburn: 6 photos 7 hr really? 1
News Free meals available to all Livingston Parish p... 7 hr uchrisbrownq 1
News Refrigerated/Frozen Dough Products Worldwide Ma... 7 hr uchrisbrownq 2
News Beer, wine, eats a " your taste buds are in for... 11 hr Ronald 2
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) Tue USA R0CKS 983
More from around the web