Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9224 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

ackee

Brooklyn, NY

#7032 Jan 4, 2014
Adaku wrote:
<quoted text>thanks Ackee dear..... How are yu? Trust yu to be going ok. I feel like clay sometimes, but I have learnt to ignore that desperate hunger for clay..how abt yu? I'm guessing yu are keeping on top if it. Best wishes
I did not eat a lot of clay like most on the forum. I have not had any for many months now. I have not bought any. I still crave it though.when I think about it my mouth waters. I guess if I do not have any I won't eat any. I am ok otherwise. I am glad to see you sharing. I always love your comments. I would say it has helped me somewhat . This clay habit is not easy to kick. The clay can be so darn tasty.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7033 Jan 4, 2014
ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not eat a lot of clay like most on the forum. I have not had any for many months now. I have not bought any. I still crave it though.when I think about it my mouth waters. I guess if I do not have any I won't eat any. I am ok otherwise. I am glad to see you sharing. I always love your comments. I would say it has helped me somewhat . This clay habit is not easy to kick. The clay can be so darn tasty.
thanks Ackee! The forum made me realise that I'm not the only one craving earth. It felt safe to come here and talk freely abt how yu feel about clay, type that suits yur taste buds etc
ackee

New York, NY

#7035 Jan 4, 2014
Adaku wrote:
<quoted text> thanks Ackee! The forum made me realise that I'm not the only one craving earth. It felt safe to come here and talk freely abt how yu feel about clay, type that suits yur taste buds etc
I agree with you. I really couldnot understand why I had this strange feeling to eat clay dirt. To know that I actually did and the taste was great. I thought once I tried it I would not want it anymore but the body wants what it wants. To think something like that can taste so good sometimes better than food.
Clay eater

Columbus, OH

#7038 Jan 5, 2014
ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I really couldnot understand why I had this strange feeling to eat clay dirt. To know that I actually did and the taste was great. I thought once I tried it I would not want it anymore but the body wants what it wants. To think something like that can taste so good sometimes better than food.
Ackee I had to laugh reading your post because that is how I felt...at least with drugs there is someone out there thing to stop you from hurting yourself!!!!! But most people have no idea of us .....the clay eaters!!!!!! Hell until the craving came over me I had no idea!!!! I thought I was something old folks down south did years ago...we are the modern day dirt eaters!!!! LOL
ackee

Brooklyn, NY

#7039 Jan 5, 2014
Clay eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Ackee I had to laugh reading your post because that is how I felt...at least with drugs there is someone out there thing to stop you from hurting yourself!!!!! But most people have no idea of us .....the clay eaters!!!!!! Hell until the craving came over me I had no idea!!!! I thought I was something old folks down south did years ago...we are the modern day dirt eaters!!!! LOL
Not too modern to some people after all we are eating dirt so something must be wrong with us. We say cravings while other say it psychological. I think they are not sure. Food we eat grow in soil so it can't be that bad.Our ancestors have been doing it for centuries. We just go overboard. They used clay for medicinal purpose when necessary while we use it daily.
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#7040 Jan 5, 2014
ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not too modern to some people after all we are eating dirt so something must be wrong with us. We say cravings while other say it psychological. I think they are not sure. Food we eat grow in soil so it can't be that bad.Our ancestors have been doing it for centuries. We just go overboard. They used clay for medicinal purpose when necessary while we use it daily.
couldnt help chuckling at 'it can't be that bad'......
crazy 4stuff

Van Nuys, CA

#7042 Jan 5, 2014
Anyone on here like eating Chalk?i can't get enough of it
shabu

Killeen, TX

#7043 Jan 5, 2014
Any feedback on soul sista smoked moulded aylio clay....how does it taste is it sticky
hannahclaylover

London, UK

#7044 Jan 6, 2014
shabu wrote:
Any feedback on soul sista smoked moulded aylio clay....how does it taste is it sticky
its delicious and crunchy

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7045 Jan 6, 2014
hannahclaylover wrote:
<quoted text>
its delicious and crunchy
SoulSists ayilo has a smokey taste ,lots of grit and very crunchy her ayilo do have small pebbes inside.not sticky. I really enjoy her clay is my favorite clay so far. If you enjoy all the above you are gonna like her clay alot,
shabu

Killeen, TX

#7046 Jan 6, 2014
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
SoulSists ayilo has a smokey taste ,lots of grit and very crunchy her ayilo do have small pebbes inside.not sticky. I really enjoy her clay is my favorite clay so far. If you enjoy all the above you are gonna like her clay alot,
planning to order some...sounds yummy...hope I will like it
UK CLAY

UK

#7047 Jan 7, 2014
Hey Clay Family, so I tried so hard to try and like the Original Mavu Clay but it just wouldnt happen, it was way too smooth and I didnt have any earthy taste to it all and there was so much of it I just had to throw it away :(
dirtnclay

Liverpool, UK

#7048 Jan 7, 2014
UK CLAY wrote:
Hey Clay Family, so I tried so hard to try and like the Original Mavu Clay but it just wouldnt happen, it was way too smooth and I didnt have any earthy taste to it all and there was so much of it I just had to throw it away :(
:O you threw it away!? You should have given it to me! Did u bake it? Seems baking brings out the earthy flavour for most.

Since: Jul 13

Fontenay-tr├ęsigny, France

#7049 Jan 7, 2014
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#7051 Jan 7, 2014
UK CLAY wrote:
Being that it was soft baking it would make it hard and crunchy.
Dirt

Stockbridge, GA

#7052 Jan 7, 2014
Is it bad that I'm just waiting on an email from Leslie or Wanda saying they're have a special on their clay? Like half price on clay or free shipping... Maybe it's just me . I LOVE their clay.
ann

New York, NY

#7053 Jan 7, 2014
Dirt wrote:
Is it bad that I'm just waiting on an email from Leslie or Wanda saying they're have a special on their clay? Like half price on clay or free shipping... Maybe it's just me . I LOVE their clay.
No it is not. Wishing, hoping. Hmm.
clay fever clay diva

Goliad, TX

#7054 Jan 7, 2014
Wishing and waiting for SoulSita to have a clay special too. Did any one order and Mavu nuttkmeg clay if so how did you like it.
clay24_7

Los Angeles, CA

#7055 Jan 8, 2014
I looooovvvveeee clay. I usually eat a big cup of clay but like its clay from mexico. Its delicious without the glaze of course.
Clay4life

Liverpool, UK

#7056 Jan 8, 2014
I got all my clays from Mavu last week. Thought I'd review..original is my favorite! I can eat it both baked and unbaked. Still as yummy. Prefer baked tho. Thought the red clay had a bit too much grit for me but the flavor was still super earthy. The white clay tastes clean and having tried Leslie's it's pretty much the same. Nakumatt is real crunchy and not sticky. Will have to stock up on the original mavu tho since I just checked her site and it's the only clay left in stock which can only mean one thing...it's next!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As solar power expands the work day, incomes ri... 3 hr Solarman 1
News Kitchen remodeling 101: Making the space your own (Sep '13) 9 hr vivisa0290 6
News Backyard chickens spur debate in central Ohio c... Dec 7 They cannot kill ... 17
News Spuds on top as celery named as UK's most hated... Dec 7 Well now 10
News The Cuisine of Puerto Rico (Apr '11) Dec 7 HairyGuy 137
News Study says N.L. will see below average food pri... Dec 6 meanwhile 1
News Scene: African American Council's first awards ... Dec 6 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web