Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

claylover

The Colony, TX

#6965 Dec 23, 2013
NO...she dosent respond to the queries here or updates her site. Only comes on when she has her hands on some clay which again is blink n miss. Mavuseller if you're reading this....how about an update or some better customer service ?
munching

Accra, Ghana

#6966 Dec 24, 2013
Omg.. am munching on some smooth greay clay from ghana.. damn it tastes good.. yummmy..am in a better mood today..loving it.. have about 30 small pieces of the moulded clay from ghana.. hoping it lasts me till the end of the week..
#claylover#
All things clay

London, UK

#6967 Dec 24, 2013
claylover wrote:
NO...she dosent respond to the queries here or updates her site. Only comes on when she has her hands on some clay which again is blink n miss. Mavuseller if you're reading this....how about an update or some better customer service ?
Thanks, hope she has some soon. In the meantime, any UK ladies with a good source of good clay willing to sell me some of their supply? I am hoping to try a variety of clay if possible.

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

#6968 Dec 24, 2013
Mavu is back and selling now. I went to place an order, but decided to wait. 4 packs of Red soil cake, 2 Tanzania white clay and 1 Mavu original is going to set me back $81. I don't think I can justify that right now, especially after my Christmas spending, lol.
Curious

Fayetteville, GA

#6970 Dec 24, 2013
Mavu is back in stock with all of her clays and the Nakumatt clay is coming soon. So get your hands on them now you know it sells fast.
Curious

Fayetteville, GA

#6971 Dec 24, 2013
EbOnyx wrote:
Mavu is back and selling now. I went to place an order, but decided to wait. 4 packs of Red soil cake, 2 Tanzania white clay and 1 Mavu original is going to set me back $81. I don't think I can justify that right now, especially after my Christmas spending, lol.
Have you tried all of her clays before? If so which one is favorite? Im thinking about trying the original mavu. Nobody really talks about that one. Is it earthy? Creamy? Sticky?
UK CLAY

Daventry, UK

#6972 Dec 24, 2013
Mavu is seriously back and bad as ever! She's got all of our favourite clays for xmas, have already ordered her original Mavu! Any reviews of what it tastes like! Can hardly waaaaaaaait
clayclay

Bolton, UK

#6973 Dec 24, 2013
Yaay thank you Mavu! You sure do like to make us wait tho! I'm buying everything x2! These clays go quick!
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#6974 Dec 24, 2013
Her variety of clay seems to be growing. Maybe soon we will get all the variety of clays that is out there.

Since: Oct 13

New York, NY

#6975 Dec 24, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you tried all of her clays before? If so which one is favorite? Im thinking about trying the original mavu. Nobody really talks about that one. Is it earthy? Creamy? Sticky?
Yes, I have---I think I like the red soil cake the most. The others were good too. The Mavu original I have only had the mini mavu chunks which were really small and mostly powder. It did have a very silky texture with no grit but I found it a bit sticky, with a tendency to clump around my gums. Maybe the larger chunks are different, and I didn't bake it, so who knows?
All things clay

London, UK

#6976 Dec 24, 2013
I hadn't looked at lay videos in a while; look at the size of some of the odowa chunks in these two!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ann

New York, NY

#6977 Dec 24, 2013
All things clay wrote:
I hadn't looked at lay videos in a while; look at the size of some of the odowa chunks in these two!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =dP4VHmYK_TcXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I have never seen these videos. Yes the chunks are big.
Curious

Fayetteville, GA

#6978 Dec 24, 2013
Strongly debating the original mavu clay or the white soil cakes. Anybody tried the white soil cakes from mavu? What did you think of it?
clayaholic

Bolton, UK

#6979 Dec 25, 2013
Curious wrote:
Strongly debating the original mavu clay or the white soil cakes. Anybody tried the white soil cakes from mavu? What did you think of it?
I would go for the original mavu clay. When u bake it? Mmmmm!! So good! The white is good too. Similar to Georgia white dirt
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#6980 Dec 25, 2013
clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I would go for the original mavu clay. When u bake it? Mmmmm!! So good! The white is good too. Similar to Georgia white dirt
I was hoping someone was going to say its similar to the Georgia white dirt. Good news for me. Thank you so much for you help.
Tiff

Bolton, UK

#6981 Dec 25, 2013
Thanks Mavu! You don't know how much we have been waiting! Hands down the best international seller! You have the biggest selection of clays which makes u stand out. Definitely buying everything! Merry Christmas everyone.

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#6982 Dec 26, 2013
Hi Ladies,

Thank you for all the positive response we have been receiving above!

It really means a lot to us and to show you how much, we are doing an exclusive for the Topix forum in that we only have 5 Bags left of the Tanzanian Red Soil Cake!!!

We have listed the Red Soil Cake as 'Sold Out' on our website and are giving you the last chance to buy.

So, if you want a bag reserved, just post 'RESERVE RED (insert number of bags)' and we'll keep those bags for you to order of which you will then have to email us with your forum name.

First come first served so you can reserve as many as you want until the 5 bags are up!

This is only until the end of the day (00:00AM UK time) of which we will move this on to Facebook.

Good Luck!

MavuSeller
Ellen

Europe

#6983 Dec 26, 2013
I always buy clay from the vendors in the streets n its great but i would like to order one from international its jus im student, its possible 4 me 2 order?..
clay fever clay diva

Goliad, TX

#6985 Dec 26, 2013
HELLO CLAY FORUM :) there is a place selling Owdea in the U.S cheaper than the place in the U.K.check out Why we crave n love clay forum on Facebook.. also Mavu so glad your up and running I found that out two on Facebook.
Rupam

Plymouth, MN

#6986 Dec 26, 2013
Hello mitt I lover, I am a mitt I lover too...love the gray roasted clay from India and also like slate pencil and multani matti...now I. Am in USA and can't find any of these....these are my 3 favorites....where can I buy them please help...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lots of Wheat But Not Enough Protein Sends Buye... 17 hr PILASERs PANACEA ... 6
News 110-year-old lobster saved from dinner menu 17 hr Lawrence Wolf 19
News Judge Calls State Incompetent & in Contempt Sat justice is just a... 1
News Gwyneth Paltrow reveals her secret obsession wi... Sat murder inc 1
News Recipe Exchange: Recipes recall Shoney's specialty (Oct '07) Jul 22 TmstrMick66 22
News What parents need to know about gummy vitamins Jul 22 mar 1
News Mint Indian Bistro packs plenty of flavor into ... Jul 21 Heavy Fed 1
More from around the web