Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9210 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6945 Dec 19, 2013
zara wrote:
I eat big 6 chunks of baked fuller earth( multani mitti)... Nd also sumtyms alongwid it 2 chunks of non sticky yellow colour clay... Luv to eat 2 boxes a day of target brand slate pencils dat iz crunchy... Also tried 2 dayz in a week red clay ( gairoo) non sticky clay dat iz delicious nd gave u earthy delicate flavour alongwid gray colourclay( golu) dat iz yummy I gey it from claypotters in india in punjab... Luv my stuff
Hi, it says that you are in Germany but are you actually in India?

Does anyone know whether slate pencils are sold outside of India, like in the US or UK?
Kaycee

Tulsa, OK

#6946 Dec 19, 2013
You Iron levels have gotten low! Disease known as Pica. Try eating a proper diet with high levels of iron such as dark leafy greans, tofu, or chicken. ALSO TRY EATING ICE. A much healthier alternative to eating clay and it is known for soothing iron cravings.

http://exceptionalhealth.org/

Hope you find the information you need!
shabu

Denver, CO

#6947 Dec 19, 2013
Clay4life wrote:
<quoted text>
It's crunchy but creamy at the same time and is super earthy! Ooo just writing about this clay makes my mouth water! Thing is mavu always has a limited supply of this one especially but worth it tho. I have to say sometimes you get a few hard stones that have been over roasted a little but it doesn't bother me. I like the variety. So yeah I'd recommend.
is it sticky..
??
Clay4life

Birmingham, UK

#6948 Dec 19, 2013
shabu wrote:
<quoted text>
is it sticky..
??
No it's not. It doesn't get stuck in your gums if that's what you're asking.
shabu

Denver, CO

#6949 Dec 19, 2013
Clay4life wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. It doesn't get stuck in your gums if that's what you're asking.
ya that's what I was asking....I am definitely ordering some this time....it really sounds yummy....
clayluv

Sunnyvale, CA

#6950 Dec 19, 2013
rana wrote:
Hi ... I m living in san jose...plz anyone can buy a eating
white dirt for me....
Hey, there is an african store by bascom..african foods market...google it..they sell clay similar to white dirt..Or you could just order online..shipping costs are from $6-$10.
mutt and jeff.goodoledirt.whitedirtof georgia.sam'swhitedirt.just to name afew.
goodluck.
mitti lover

Chennai, India

#6951 Dec 19, 2013
zara wrote:
Hey clay lovers I m crazy for clay but I try different clays from india... I luv to have fuller earth ( multani mitti) chunks dat I firstly put in oven nd den I luv to eat it as it becum crispy nd nomore sticky.,, yummy nd delicious to eat... I also have tried grey colour clay dat iz earthy in taste nd not so sticky found from claypotters in punjab( india) known as (golu) clay... I alsio hav tried red colour clay from claypotters in punjab dat iz known as ( gairoo) over dere.. Wow wen u put ir in ur mouthy so creamy nd yummy texture it melts in ur mouth with each bite giving u wow type flavour of earth in real terms... I luv to eat slatepencils so yummy cant explain in words nd accrding to me target brand slate pencils r jst awsum.... Luv to hav share my experiences wid u ppl... Jst keep eating clay
hi zara...nice to read ur post...seems dat u r really a true clay eater. my mouth is watering. i also lyk to eat multani mitti, grey clay n slate pencil. njoyyyy
Clay is good

Springfield, NJ

#6952 Dec 20, 2013
Anyone knows where I can get ghana clay to order on line in the USA? I seriously craving for clay. Yum yum. Clay is perfect for me
zara

Germany

#6953 Dec 20, 2013
I lyv to eat clay... Multani mitti( fuller earth) big chunks baked one I eat 5 a day nd also non sticky yellow colour clay dat iz non sticky.. Also eat 2 dayz in week grey colour clay( golu) nd red colour clay( gairoo) big chunks not baked but as it iz in natural form dat I get from claypotters in india( punjab) region... Yummy, delicious to eat unforgettable taste... I luv to eat tiger brand slate pencils dat I find in general store in india made of natural stone.. I eat 1 packet daily dat consits 20 slate pencils in it .. It iz non sticky yet gives earthy delicious flavour
stone lover

San Jose, CA

#6954 Dec 20, 2013
Can I buy odowa stones .... is available any stores in us? I also want some slate pencil... my craving s gonna kill me... plz help me to find out those things....
Curious

Fayetteville, GA

#6955 Dec 20, 2013
I think clay is starting to become too expensive to buy . It's like we're paying $12 for 1 pound of clay. It's ridiculous .
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#6956 Dec 20, 2013
Curious wrote:
I think clay is starting to become too expensive to buy . It's like we're paying $12 for 1 pound of clay. It's ridiculous .
that must be boring considerng tht here in Zim you a get about a kg of clay for juss $1 & getting e clay is not a hassle and therez a variety of clays to chose from..therez red smooth clay,therez red clay with lil stones,therez white clay with stones,therez a mixture of the red smooth clay and the white gritty clay and then ma favourite ....the white smooth creamy delicious white clay,the one tht mavu sells..maybe itz 4 e best tht itz expensive coz u get 2 limit urself
Lisa

London, UK

#6957 Dec 21, 2013
I don't think there's a problem with pricing to be honest. It's a sellers prerogative and it just depends on how much u are willing to pay. I think all sellers on here are reasonable. If it's shipping that's the issue then it's something that can't be helped. Just my two cents.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6958 Dec 21, 2013
zara wrote:
I lyv to eat clay... Multani mitti( fuller earth) big chunks baked one I eat 5 a day nd also non sticky yellow colour clay dat iz non sticky.. Also eat 2 dayz in week grey colour clay( golu) nd red colour clay( gairoo) big chunks not baked but as it iz in natural form dat I get from claypotters in india( punjab) region... Yummy, delicious to eat unforgettable taste... I luv to eat tiger brand slate pencils dat I find in general store in india made of natural stone.. I eat 1 packet daily dat consits 20 slate pencils in it .. It iz non sticky yet gives earthy delicious flavour
Again, I would love to try slate pencils - especially this Tiger brand.

Does anybody know whether these are sold in the US or UK - especially the UK, since I will be there soon.
ann

New York, NY

#6959 Dec 21, 2013
I must say that why we crave and love clay in facebook is wonderful. They have so much info and now they are finding sellers for the various clays. It is amazing at the variety of clays they have. They are finding clay here in the US that we thought we could not get. Their are a lit of places selling clay that might interest us but we are unaware of it. It is really I nice page.
Hey

Barnsley, UK

#6960 Dec 22, 2013
ann wrote:
I must say that why we crave and love clay in facebook is wonderful. They have so much info and now they are finding sellers for the various clays. It is amazing at the variety of clays they have. They are finding clay here in the US that we thought we could not get. Their are a lit of places selling clay that might interest us but we are unaware of it. It is really I nice page.
Is this your page Ann?? It's good wen I don't have any clay. I just the browse through the pictures
ann

New York, NY

#6961 Dec 22, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your page Ann?? It's good wen I don't have any clay. I just the browse through the pictures
No it is not but I too enjoy looking at all the wonderful pictures of clay. I wish I could sample the amount of variety. This page opens up a variety of avenues in that we can connect with others who enjoy clay. I see that many in the U.S are showing up with clay that we thought we could not have access to. I am amazed at vast amount of people eating clay all over the world.
clayclay

London, UK

#6962 Dec 22, 2013
All I want for Christmas is...clay!

Seasons Greetings one and all!
mitti lover

Bangalore, India

#6963 Dec 22, 2013
zara wrote:
OMG!!! that is too much of clay for a person. dont u face any health issues by consuming clay in such a large amount? hope u r aware of the posb health hazards that a clay can cause
All things clay

UK

#6964 Dec 23, 2013
Hi has anyone heard from Mavu Seller recently or know what is going on with her website? It seems she hasn't had any clay for sale for a while, and her website now says it's being worked on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Magnificent Macedonia is one of Europe's undisc... 6 hr yunaristan 16
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 9 hr Denzel for Obama 791
News Laid off Verso workers open BBQ take-outs 11 hr CinAnne37 3
News Karnes City man finds mastodon tooth (Oct '12) 15 hr Up ur poop toop 2
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... 16 hr Scotty Steiner 14
News Bob Evans tests investors' patience as sales co... Tue safesnoun 14
News Food fight: Trump vs. Clinton Mon Mullahing It Over 1
More from around the web