Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9259 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

clayer

Brighouse, UK

#6925 Dec 15, 2013
Ladies have any of you used your edible clay as a face mask? Or is it too good to waste lol
tonia

UK

#6926 Dec 15, 2013
Pls ladies,u all should eating clay. Is not good,it clot our blood
tonia

UK

#6927 Dec 15, 2013
I mean to say u should eating clay4
tonia

UK

#6928 Dec 15, 2013
Stop eating clay, sorry for d mistake
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#6929 Dec 15, 2013
Hey Angie, it's hard when yu remember the satisfaction that attending to your craves brings and yu walk past stores where yu normally would purchase clay and yu just look the other way. However when yu don't yield yu feel great! I'm happier being in control.....I'm glad that yu are too.@ ackeeeee always great reading from yu. My email is still the same...hope yu are doing great. To other ladies on the house I pray someday we find the strength to be in charge of our urges, it is super hard but keep trying. It took me over 12 yrs to reach this point and I tell yu, I couldn't have been happier! Yu are the boss of yourself so take charge what yu do, where yu go, what yu eat etc. Goodluuck ladies
rana

San Jose, CA

#6930 Dec 16, 2013
Hi ... I m living in san jose...plz anyone can buy a eating
white dirt for me....
Chan

Birmingham, UK

#6931 Dec 16, 2013
Hi ladies! Looking for some UK clay sellers to keep me through this Xmas! I usually crave first thing in the morning and right after something sweet.
claylover

Las Vegas, NV

#6932 Dec 17, 2013
Mavu.....when is your clay gonna be in stock..says coming soon from the longest time now ! Please do reply....anybody knows of any stores in the dallas area where they sell either white diet or roasted clay ?
graving

San Jose, CA

#6933 Dec 17, 2013
hi there....
i m looking for odowa stones... any body can buy this one for me... this stones available in kenya ... i will give money back to them... please help me... i am in california...
clayer

Birmingham, UK

#6934 Dec 17, 2013
claylover wrote:
Mavu.....when is your clay gonna be in stock..says coming soon from the longest time now ! Please do reply....anybody knows of any stores in the dallas area where they sell either white diet or roasted clay ?
Please answer mavu! We are dying here!
Odowa lover

London, UK

#6935 Dec 17, 2013
graving wrote:
hi there....
i m looking for odowa stones... any body can buy this one for me... this stones available in kenya ... i will give money back to them... please help me... i am in california...
Hi miss graving ., nice to find someone who loves Odowa as much as I do. Go online and google wahufoods.com ./wahufoods.co.uk. They have got Odowa and they also ship to the states...I recently ordered from them and I got my order in 3days though I live in the uk. Hope you get to satisfy your cravings soonest .
Info

UK

#6936 Dec 18, 2013
Odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi miss graving ., nice to find someone who loves Odowa as much as I do. Go online and google wahufoods.com ./wahufoods.co.uk. They have got Odowa and they also ship to the states...I recently ordered from them and I got my order in 3days though I live in the uk. Hope you get to satisfy your cravings soonest .
Hi, how much do they charge for postage within the UK?
clayaholic

Birmingham, UK

#6937 Dec 18, 2013
Haha I'm jump on the wagon and say WHERE ARE YOU MAVUSELLER??! We sure do miss your earthy original clay that's NEVER in stock lol blink and you'll miss it!

Also can someone clarify..is odowa the same as the Kenyan Nakumatt roasted clay??
zara

Germany

#6938 Dec 18, 2013
Hey clay lovers I m crazy for clay but I try different clays from india... I luv to have fuller earth ( multani mitti) chunks dat I firstly put in oven nd den I luv to eat it as it becum crispy nd nomore sticky.,, yummy nd delicious to eat... I also have tried grey colour clay dat iz earthy in taste nd not so sticky found from claypotters in punjab( india) known as (golu) clay... I alsio hav tried red colour clay from claypotters in punjab dat iz known as ( gairoo) over dere.. Wow wen u put ir in ur mouthy so creamy nd yummy texture it melts in ur mouth with each bite giving u wow type flavour of earth in real terms... I luv to eat slatepencils so yummy cant explain in words nd accrding to me target brand slate pencils r jst awsum.... Luv to hav share my experiences wid u ppl... Jst keep eating clay
Odowa lover

London, UK

#6939 Dec 18, 2013
clayaholic wrote:
Haha I'm jump on the wagon and say WHERE ARE YOU MAVUSELLER??! We sure do miss your earthy original clay that's NEVER in stock lol blink and you'll miss it!
Also can someone clarify..is odowa the same as the Kenyan Nakumatt roasted clay??
Hello , Odowa is natural Soft stone. Unmoulded like soul sistas unmoulded clay . Very earthy and crunchy.
Odowa lover

London, UK

#6940 Dec 18, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, how much do they charge for postage within the UK?

I think postage depends on how clay you order though I think they have upped their postage recently . It's easy to estimate on the website though.
shabu

Killeen, TX

#6942 Dec 18, 2013
How does Kenyan nakumatt Roasted clay. .Can anyone explain...actually I m planning to buy from mavuseller...never tasted before so just wanted to know other's opinion. ..hope they get available soon on website. .
zara

Germany

#6943 Dec 19, 2013
I eat big 6 chunks of baked fuller earth( multani mitti)... Nd also sumtyms alongwid it 2 chunks of non sticky yellow colour clay... Luv to eat 2 boxes a day of target brand slate pencils dat iz crunchy... Also tried 2 dayz in a week red clay ( gairoo) non sticky clay dat iz delicious nd gave u earthy delicate flavour alongwid gray colourclay( golu) dat iz yummy I gey it from claypotters in india in punjab... Luv my stuff
Clay4life

Birmingham, UK

#6944 Dec 19, 2013
shabu wrote:
How does Kenyan nakumatt Roasted clay..Can anyone explain...actually I m planning to buy from mavuseller...never tasted before so just wanted to know other's opinion...hope they get available soon on website..
It's crunchy but creamy at the same time and is super earthy! Ooo just writing about this clay makes my mouth water! Thing is mavu always has a limited supply of this one especially but worth it tho. I have to say sometimes you get a few hard stones that have been over roasted a little but it doesn't bother me. I like the variety. So yeah I'd recommend.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6945 Dec 19, 2013
zara wrote:
I eat big 6 chunks of baked fuller earth( multani mitti)... Nd also sumtyms alongwid it 2 chunks of non sticky yellow colour clay... Luv to eat 2 boxes a day of target brand slate pencils dat iz crunchy... Also tried 2 dayz in a week red clay ( gairoo) non sticky clay dat iz delicious nd gave u earthy delicate flavour alongwid gray colourclay( golu) dat iz yummy I gey it from claypotters in india in punjab... Luv my stuff
Hi, it says that you are in Germany but are you actually in India?

Does anyone know whether slate pencils are sold outside of India, like in the US or UK?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On the Chocolate Trail With Rabbi Deborah Prinz Tue hymie 2
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Tue Tex- 13
News SAFT batteries fuel racecars and jets Aug 14 Solarman 1
News Theodore Decker: Goose culling could bring abou... Aug 14 shadow_hunter 6
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Aug 13 Find phartse 244
News Knife & Fork (Sep '09) Aug 13 Crushing 21
News Convenience store chain joins Hershey boycott (Apr '07) Aug 12 TW moffatt 74
More from around the web