Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,273
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

Since: Sep 13

Reisterstown, MD

#6830 Nov 21, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Georgiawhitedirt . Com
Thank you so much :-)
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#6831 Nov 22, 2013
seeing that we going 4 e weeknd i thnk ii b passing by e market 2dy 2 buy my white and red clay chunks..i juss cant wait, my whole mouth iz waterng like crazy..Nice weekend guyz and happy clay eating
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6835 Nov 22, 2013
nhlasto89 wrote:
seeing that we going 4 e weeknd i thnk ii b passing by e market 2dy 2 buy my white and red clay chunks..i juss cant wait, my whole mouth iz waterng like crazy..Nice weekend guyz and happy clay eating
You are so lucky!

I see that you are from Zimbabwe. I've had Mavu Seller's clay, but what are the white and red chunks like there? Please give us a full description to make our mouths water lol!
honey

Europe

#6837 Nov 24, 2013
Nzu is slow killer. I was into it but now I ve gone out of it. It is an iron deficiency which causes anemia. This nzu almost killed me before I realize that is the cause of my ill health.
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#6838 Nov 25, 2013
honey wrote:
Nzu is slow killer. I was into it but now I ve gone out of it. It is an iron deficiency which causes anemia. This nzu almost killed me before I realize that is the cause of my ill health.

why honey wat was happenning wth ur health,itz sad & borng when somethng so delicious & nice causes negative effectz 2 our bodies.as 4 me e only prob that ive faced is constipation only
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

#6839 Nov 25, 2013
I receive my clay on Saturday but I wasn't at home . Yesterday (Sunday) when I came home I immediately put my clay in a brown paper bag . This morning I couldn't help myself but to try one small piece ... Or three lol . It's soo good . It hasn't reached that sour taste yet but I missed the earthy taste . I'm going to leave the clay in the brown paper bag for the remainder of the time that I have it by the time I'm finish with it , it should be very earthy and sour . Wandas good ole dirt never let's me down . Happy satisfied customer .
Lala

Brentwood, CA

#6840 Nov 25, 2013
lll wrote:
Love eating red clay that has been lightly fired (once) the taste is incredible! I also like white limestone which could be used as chalk.
I don't see anything bad with it except it affects tooth enamel, but other than that it's a natural craving.
I always loved the smell of wet red clay . When I was in school I always ate white chalk, we used for writing on the board. And recently, I was hiking hills near by and found white clay or limestone it might be called I guess, exposed to surface and for some reason I picked some in my backpack. Since then, there was not one day passed by that I have not chewed on some limestone, I have terrible craving for it. My friend thinks I am weird one. Probably it is natural source of getting caley and calcium. Most probably I donít get it enough with my food.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6841 Nov 26, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
The people who can just go to a market or store and buy it are so lucky...they don't sell clay chunks in my country at all - best you can find sometimes is powdered clay. I can understand why it would be easy to overeat though.
I am totally out of clay. The chalk sticks I have aren't that great, not as hard and crunchy as I like which was disappointing.
I used to be a BIG cornstarch addict, but hadn't had even a taste in months - I had just lost the taste for it. Well I noticed a new brand at the store last night and was tempted to buy a box. I've had a couple spoons and it is good - the brand is Karlin. I want to have some more now, but am frightened of falling back into the cornstarch habit.
I'm still enjoying my "Karlins Finest" cornstarch, but trying to have in moderation. I still have about half a (1 pound) box left and it's been a week so I feel quite proud of myself. I know that I shouldn't be eating starch though, it's just to have something to keep me going until I decide to order some more clay.

I've been munching on white chalk sticks again too - another thing I know I shouldn't eat but at least now I'm just chewing them rather than actually eating.

Would anyone else who has had Wanda's clay like to share their experience with it? I'm seriously thinking of ordering some.

Thanks!
Abazieu

Orlando, FL

#6842 Nov 26, 2013
I found a store near me that has clay. They sell it in big bags with at least 30-40 pieces in each bag for less than $11.00 a bag. I love it.
Info

Leicester, UK

#6843 Nov 26, 2013
Abazieu wrote:
I found a store near me that has clay. They sell it in big bags with at least 30-40 pieces in each bag for less than $11.00 a bag. I love it.
What sort of clay is it?
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#6844 Nov 27, 2013
I have been looking on facebook at why we crave and love clay. I love it. It has so many variety of clay to look at that make my mouth waters. It is amazing.
Abazieu

Orlando, FL

#6845 Nov 27, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
What sort of clay is it?
They have the salted and the flat brown crunchy kind.
CLAY DIVA

Orange, TX

#6846 Nov 27, 2013
Abazieu wrote:
<quoted text>
They have the salted and the flat brown crunchy kind.
@ Abazieu is that your clay picture on facebook why we love&crave clay?
If so it looks so good and how does it taste?@ Ann you are so correct I just love looking and getting information on all the different clays.
ann

New York, NY

#6847 Nov 27, 2013
@clay diva . Yes I agree. If I could reach out and grab those clay and taste it I would be in heaven. The different variety is great. Their must be something to clay that so many cultures partake. Yum!!
clayaholic

Cradley, UK

#6848 Nov 29, 2013
This a question I'm putting out there for everyone! If Santa could bring you ANY cost this Christmas what would it be? Mine would b mavusellers original Mavu clay. Sooo creamy earthy and crunchy and no grit! My fave combination. How about you?
clayaholic

Cradley, UK

#6849 Nov 29, 2013
*oops meant to put clay
Abazieu

Orlando, FL

#6850 Nov 29, 2013
CLAY DIVA wrote:
<quoted text> @ Abazieu is that your clay picture on facebook why we love&crave clay?
If so it looks so good and how does it taste?@ Ann you are so correct I just love looking and getting information on all the different clays.
Yep that is a picture of my clay alright. It is very crunchy.
GoodOleDirt

Albany, GA

#6851 Nov 29, 2013
Check out our first annual
CUSTOMER APPRECIATION SALE!!!
Hurry!!! For a limited time, all products are just $5.00!!!
Place your order now at
www.goodoledirt.com

Since: Jun 13

Lawrenceburg, IN

#6852 Nov 30, 2013
Has anyone ordered from Homegrown Georgia White Dirt? I am thinking of ordering a case from them. Before I do I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on them.
ann

Brooklyn, NY

#6853 Nov 30, 2013
Kellzgirl wrote:
Has anyone ordered from Homegrown Georgia White Dirt? I am thinking of ordering a case from them. Before I do I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on them.
I had bought from them in the past. They are too expensive. The clay was not even one lbs bags. The clay tasted very medicinal. I just go with mutt and Jeff. You get more for your buck and it is not bad. 10lbs for $10. You can try Wanda or Leslie you might enjoy that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Popcorn Capital of the World' losing its histo... 52 min jobo 1
Eating well on the road 16 hr on the road 2
Ay Chiwowa's new menu from Chef Kevin Hickey Thu Anonymous 1
How Elizabeth Warren will harm fast food worker... Thu Monty 2
LongHorn SteakHouse Open Soon (Dec '12) Thu whatisyourneed 2
Chef Jamie Gregorich eliminated from 'Hell's Ki... (Aug '11) Wed dmw 5
The Musket Room's Matt Lambert Explains New Zea... Wed Church Mowree 1
•••

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE