Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
6,421 - 6,440 of 7,840 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
ann

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

I miss all the veterans that use to be on this forum. They share many nice stories with regards to their clay eating habits. I did learn a lot. I eat clay but not as much as I used to. I have not had any earthy clay in along time . When i think about it my mouth just waters. The crunchiness that turn into a soft earthy taste. It is awesome. I get so jealous when I see people who have access to so many variety. Hope everyone is doing well .
shabu

Copperas Cove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2013

mitti lover wrote:
<quoted text>
i dnt bake it at home...i purchase roasted clay directly.
will u be able to sell me some in USA..if you have time dear..plz
Rinkie

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Hi mitti lover
do know any perzon who ship me this clay
grey roasted clay
i m from lucknow
my e mail id is rituvishal_chauhan@yahoo.com
chris

Dudley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Hi which Mavu clay is the best to eat?
cristabell

Yonkers, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

I have been eating calabash chalk since I was 7 and i am now 18 and still eating it. I cant help it I just taste so good. the time I mostly crave or it is when it rains heavily and the smell of te rain enters my nose.

Since: Sep 13

Reisterstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

chris wrote:
Hi which Mavu clay is the best to eat?
The only clay Mavu had for sell when I went to her site was the red soil cakes. They are gritty with a little taste of rain. At first to me they were just ok, but now I crave it more and more. I hope she adds other types soon.
baba

Wiggins, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

I eat at least a bag a dirt a day. In really trying to stop bc I don't want my siblings eating it. I started eating dirt at a young age and I haven't stopped since!! I LOVE CLAY DIRT. A lot of older people sell it here in Mississippi. I go to this older lady house about 4x a month and buy bags a dirt for 1$.
white dirt eater

Sumrall, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

baba wrote:
I eat at least a bag a dirt a day. In really trying to stop bc I don't want my siblings eating it. I started eating dirt at a young age and I haven't stopped since!! I LOVE CLAY DIRT. A lot of older people sell it here in Mississippi. I go to this older lady house about 4x a month and buy bags a dirt for 1$.
can you please tell me what part of Mississippi you life in!
Facebook Clay

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2013

baba wrote:
Hi baba please visit Facebook why we crave & love clay and post some picture of your dirt.
Mz libra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Placed my order of white dirt today!!!!! I purchased from Leslie it was 19.80, Sam's was 20.84 so any savings was good! It's been awhile since I've eaten but I have to lay off the cornstarch. I purchased a box of Argo and made some chunks. I had to force myself to throw the chunks away bcuz I was putting like 3/4 pieces n my mouth at a time. After the crunch and the squeak the pleasure was over. I don't want to spit it out, I think that's nasty. Now I'm like I want white dirt, cornstarch chunks and laundry chunks together..... Pica!!!!!!!
ann

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2013

Type in Makan Tanah on you tube the show how they make ampo clay. Only thing it is not in English. The men in that village also eat the soil. It is their snack.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Mz libra wrote:
Placed my order of white dirt today!!!!! I purchased from Leslie it was 19.80, Sam's was 20.84 so any savings was good! It's been awhile since I've eaten but I have to lay off the cornstarch. I purchased a box of Argo and made some chunks. I had to force myself to throw the chunks away bcuz I was putting like 3/4 pieces n my mouth at a time. After the crunch and the squeak the pleasure was over. I don't want to spit it out, I think that's nasty. Now I'm like I want white dirt, cornstarch chunks and laundry chunks together..... Pica!!!!!!!
Hi Mz libra, hope you enjoy your dirt and I know what you mean about cornstarch. When I was addicted to the starch it was so good I just wanted to eat and eat. I never really got into spitting it out, but do that sometimes with chalk and clay. I agree that it's nasty though! I'm not attracted to starch at all anymore.

Right now I'm eating some delicious clay that I bought from Soul Sista - I've been making it last. I like her smoky tasting moulded clay (even though I prefer natural unmoulded) but the unmoulded type that I'm eating now I absolutely love! When I first tried a bite from one of the bags when I first got it I thought it was ok, but a couple of days ago I opened another bag and tried it and it was like WOW! I noticed that the first bag was a beige colour, but the type I love is a pale grey with some streaks of other colours in some pieces. It is very hard, crunchy, slightly gritty and also slightly sour...delicious.
ann

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2013

Site -Organic Virtues sells. Multani Mitti in whole chunks.
choclateclay

Chandigarh, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Yummy creamy multani mitti and hard gritty slate pencil from india! Standard Shipping charges
anjali

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

i have chunks of multani mitti 200gm unbaked for $15 +shipping extra......its too creamy n smells like mud in rain........
Rinkie

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

I love the taste of multani mitti
UK CLAY

Northampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

Judged:

Hi forum!

So I went to my local African supermarket and there I found bags of roasted clay. The packet just says roasted clay. So I brought one packet. They're are chunks, a greyish colour a light kind of grey. Hard when you bite it but it melts when it's in your mouth. Some pieces are wonderfully earthy, after it melts you can feel the crunch!

Does anyone know what kind of clay this is!
hannahclaylover

Leeds, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2013

UK CLAY wrote:
Hi forum!
So I went to my local African supermarket and there I found bags of roasted clay. The packet just says roasted clay. So I brought one packet. They're are chunks, a greyish colour a light kind of grey. Hard when you bite it but it melts when it's in your mouth. Some pieces are wonderfully earthy, after it melts you can feel the crunch!
Does anyone know what kind of clay this is!
Is it moulded or unmoulded
UK CLAY

Northampton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

They are moulded. Some are in huge chunks some have been broken into smaller bite size pieces. They are very addictive!
chris

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2013

UK CLAY wrote:
They are moulded. Some are in huge chunks some have been broken into smaller bite size pieces. They are very addictive!
ooo how much a bag?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Rance's Chicago Pizza feeds your craving in Cos... 2 hr Rance 1
MSU Gets Anonymous $1 Million Gift For Gay Center 2 hr Jumper The wise 23
In Forrest City, Delta Q is doing it right 5 hr Knock knock 8
FREE hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day 7 hr rePIGpublican 4
New Chiropractic Physician Joins the Staff at T... 8 hr Chiropractor from Chicago 8
Boys & Girls Club teens use their first harvest... 11 hr Birds Landing Bob 1
Rochester officially a 'Let's Move' city 19 hr Darlene 11
•••
•••