Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

mdo

Jakarta, Indonesia

#6796 Nov 14, 2013
madorchod
white dirt eater

Byram, MS

#6797 Nov 14, 2013
Received my order of white dirt from mutt & Jeff and I'm very pleased with it! It's smooth creamy with a little grit and very earthy a lot different from the last order I received from them! And I got a lot for the money! Happy happy. Happy!!!!
udit318

New Delhi, India

#6798 Nov 14, 2013
You sound like a gay Aiken's lover or ManBearPig. Move to San Francisco, anything goes there
ann

New York, NY

#6799 Nov 15, 2013
white dirt eater wrote:
Received my order of white dirt from mutt & Jeff and I'm very pleased with it! It's smooth creamy with a little grit and very earthy a lot different from the last order I received from them! And I got a lot for the money! Happy happy. Happy!!!!

That is so good to know. I always buy from them. That's is good. Earthy the way I like it. Smooth too!! The price is also good.
clay fever clay diva

Goliad, TX

#6800 Nov 15, 2013
I just love the taste of clay exspecially the smoke ayilo from soul sista. i do wanna try the indian roasted smoke clay is there any one on the forum who is selling this clay to people in the U.S if so how much? is there any one selling the salted nzu or can post some to me...
Mz libra

Philadelphia, PA

#6802 Nov 16, 2013
white dirt eater wrote:
Enjoy!!! I'm enjoying mine from Leslie!! Creamy smooth lil grit
Curious

Rex, GA

#6803 Nov 16, 2013
I haven't had clay since August . But now my cravings are back . I already know I want to buy it from Wanda . The question is ... Should ? I didn't stop eating by choice , but I got used to not eating clay for the past couple of months and I guess since it's cold out my cravings are back . Should I buy clay or not buy clay ? Tough decision . What you ladies think ?
ann

New York, NY

#6804 Nov 16, 2013
Curious wrote:
I haven't had clay since August . But now my cravings are back . I already know I want to buy it from Wanda . The question is ... Should ? I didn't stop eating by choice , but I got used to not eating clay for the past couple of months and I guess since it's cold out my cravings are back . Should I buy clay or not buy clay ? Tough decision . What you ladies think ?
Are you trying to quit for good? That is how the craving is it will calm down for awhile and then come back intensely.
Curious

Rex, GA

#6805 Nov 16, 2013
ann wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to quit for good? That is how the craving is it will calm down for awhile and then come back intensely.
Not necessarily. I stopped because what I was craving I no longer had for it . But now I crave it and I don't know if I'm actually craving it or do I just want to try it again. I do miss that earthy sour flavor with the crunch that turns smooth in my mouth & have a dry feel. But I don't know. I'm going to wait a few days and if it pass then I won't buy none but if it doesn't pass then ill buy a bag and keep everyone updated. One day I will buy the 10 bags for $10 from mutt & Jeff . That's my dream goal lol
clay fever clay diva

United States

#6806 Nov 16, 2013
Curious i think you should wait ...clay eaten isnt healthy but i enjoy it too. but if you have stop eaten plz try to continue...at times i wish i could stop this craving clay eaten. hopefully soon ....
Info

Rochester, UK

#6807 Nov 17, 2013
Is anyone selling this in the UK?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
shabu

Killeen, TX

#6808 Nov 17, 2013
clay fever clay diva wrote:
I just love the taste of clay exspecially the smoke ayilo from soul sista. i do wanna try the indian roasted smoke clay is there any one on the forum who is selling this clay to people in the U.S if so how much? is there any one selling the salted nzu or can post some to me...
There is someone on Facebook page why we love and crave clay page...check out what prices he gives you
charley

Accra, Ghana

#6809 Nov 18, 2013
Omg i love clay, love it sooo much.
Love the ayilo type of clay. I live in ghana, and clay is everywhere.. kinda cheap.
Got one yesterday,mmmm lovvvved it so much..
Onetime i went to the market to get some ayilo, omg the lady had it in huge sacks.. so i got some and as usaul i loved it..
Here in ghana ayilo us sold at almost all the mini shops and the market. going to get some in the evening, cant wait to munch on it.. but i drink alot of water,so i dont constipate.
#teamayilogh#
Chalk

Fayetteville, GA

#6810 Nov 18, 2013
Info wrote:
Is anyone selling this in the UK?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
that kinda looks like sour white dirt that wanda sells. really good and very earthy. I could be wrong but I like sour white dirt. taste soo much better than just the white dirt.
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#6811 Nov 18, 2013
i juss love white clay from zim,itz tasty,smooth & it smellz great don thnk iii ever quit eating it.itz a bad thing itz rainng 2dy so i wont be able 2 get any
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6812 Nov 18, 2013
Chalk wrote:
<quoted text>
that kinda looks like sour white dirt that wanda sells. really good and very earthy. I could be wrong but I like sour white dirt. taste soo much better than just the white dirt.
Sour dirt - that sounds like what I'm looking for, so glad to know what you think about Wanda's. I've had regular white dirt (Granny's Own brand) and I liked it but found it for the most part didn't have as much flavour as I like (other than a few chunks that were a bit gritty and had a great taste).

I have just finished the clay I bought from Soul Sista when I was in the UK and it was so good. The moulded type was good, but the unmoulded greyish colour ones were the best I've had so far - so hard and crunchy, then turning smooth with a slight grit and slight sour taste. Just typing this is making my mouth water, so I've just gone and found the little bit of clay dust that was in my last bag lol!

I don't know why I let myself run out completely before ordering more. Need to place an order but so difficult to decide who to order from and shipping so expensive. As I said above I loved Soul Sista's clay, but so far away. I'm thinking of trying Wanda's, but I've seen mixed reviews. Any thoughts anybody?

Thanks
Curious

Fayetteville, GA

#6813 Nov 18, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour dirt - that sounds like what I'm looking for, so glad to know what you think about Wanda's. I've had regular white dirt (Granny's Own brand) and I liked it but found it for the most part didn't have as much flavour as I like (other than a few chunks that were a bit gritty and had a great taste).
I have just finished the clay I bought from Soul Sista when I was in the UK and it was so good. The moulded type was good, but the unmoulded greyish colour ones were the best I've had so far - so hard and crunchy, then turning smooth with a slight grit and slight sour taste. Just typing this is making my mouth water, so I've just gone and found the little bit of clay dust that was in my last bag lol!
I don't know why I let myself run out completely before ordering more. Need to place an order but so difficult to decide who to order from and shipping so expensive. As I said above I loved Soul Sista's clay, but so far away. I'm thinking of trying Wanda's, but I've seen mixed reviews. Any thoughts anybody?
Thanks
I think she been having mixed reviews because when people order white dirt, they actually just want white plain dirt. Wanda dirt isn't pure white, it's like a pinkish color on the inside when you bite into it, that's the sour part. the outside is white though. most people crave the regular white dirt like the one Leslie sell and some crave sour white dirt the one that Wanda sell. if the people who didn't like Wanda clay then they probably most likely would like Leslie clay. you should try wanda dirt and see do you like the white sour dirt.
Curious

Fayetteville, GA

#6814 Nov 18, 2013
Made my decision on buying Wanda clay !!! I'm so excited . I placed my order off amazon which is a dollar more than off her website ( goodoledirt.com ) but I had a gift card that had $2 left so I bought that with it so it was a dollar cheaper than buying it off her website. Can't wait until its shipped and I hope it comes quick too. Yum yum !

Since: Sep 13

Reisterstown, MD

#6815 Nov 18, 2013
Hello, can someone please share Leslie's website? Thanks
nhlasto89

Zimbabwe

#6816 Nov 18, 2013
charley wrote:
Omg i love clay, love it sooo much.
Love the ayilo type of clay. I live in ghana, and clay is everywhere.. kinda cheap.
Got one yesterday,mmmm lovvvved it so much..
Onetime i went to the market to get some ayilo, omg the lady had it in huge sacks.. so i got some and as usaul i loved it..
Here in ghana ayilo us sold at almost all the mini shops and the market. going to get some in the evening, cant wait to munch on it.. but i drink alot of water,so i dont constipate.
#teamayilogh#
u noe itz not a hassle 4 me 2 get ma clay 4 me 2..don have 2 order online or anythng but if u look at it itz a bit of a disadvantage coz it becomes difficult 2 limit urself coz u get it anytime. as 4 me i sometimes end
up eating 2 packs per day everyday

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If Utica Were an Ice Cream Flavor, What Flavor ... 1 hr FECAL RAINBOW 2
News Dickey's Barbecue Pit Announces Expansion in El... 1 hr huey goins 9
News Wellington-Halton Hills MPP Arnott: Wishing eve... 2 hr kid 2
News Snagvotes: Where to get a sausage sandwich in C... 6 hr Pool Has Inky Lint 1
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... 13 hr stacy 3
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) 18 hr Boo 965
News Silver Spotlight: Lessons in leadership from Po... 19 hr dick denton 1
More from around the web