Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6751 Oct 30, 2013
anjali wrote:
<quoted text>yes u too love mutani mitti n grey roasted clay which we get in mumbai n in gujarat.......
Would you be willing to supply to supply us with some if you have the time?
anjali

Scarborough, Canada

#6752 Oct 30, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be willing to supply to supply us with some if you have the time?
I am in Canada n here I just get multani mitti chunks
mitti lover

Mumbai, India

#6754 Oct 30, 2013
anjali wrote:
<quoted text>I am in Canada n here I just get multani mitti chunks
hey Anjali...its amazing to know that multani chunks are available in canada also.
mitti lover

Mumbai, India

#6755 Oct 31, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Mitti lover
what is the process of multani mitti. I m roast mitti on the fire so that is broken in small2chunks
i dnt bake it at home...i purchase roasted clay directly.
Suzzi

Seoul, Korea

#6756 Oct 31, 2013
Hello i havé Been craving for clay lately i live in Southkorea,Any suggestions where i can get IT?pls contact me [email protected]

Since: Sep 13

Washington, DC

#6757 Oct 31, 2013
Suzzi wrote:
Hello i havé Been craving for clay lately i live in Southkorea,Any suggestions where i can get IT?pls contact me [email protected]
What type of clay do you like? Smooth and creamy or gritty hard and crunchy?
noxie

South Africa

#6758 Oct 31, 2013
I've been eating white limestone for 5 years 19 years old, I want 2 stop bt I cne m eating it and studyng as m writtin dis, I luv it although it has taken me 2 the hospital because it has blocked sum of m intestines bt I can't liv it I drink lot of water after eating it and dat avoids dat blockage and constipation..
ann

Bronx, NY

#6759 Oct 31, 2013
noxie wrote:
I've been eating white limestone for 5 years 19 years old, I want 2 stop bt I cne m eating it and studyng as m writtin dis, I luv it although it has taken me 2 the hospital because it has blocked sum of m intestines bt I can't liv it I drink lot of water after eating it and dat avoids dat blockage and constipation..
Are the limestones hard? I would think that would be rough on your teeths. It is not like a soft piece of clay.
ann

Bronx, NY

#6760 Oct 31, 2013
I miss all the veterans that use to be on this forum. They share many nice stories with regards to their clay eating habits. I did learn a lot. I eat clay but not as much as I used to. I have not had any earthy clay in along time . When i think about it my mouth just waters. The crunchiness that turn into a soft earthy taste. It is awesome. I get so jealous when I see people who have access to so many variety. Hope everyone is doing well .
shabu

Killeen, TX

#6761 Oct 31, 2013
mitti lover wrote:
<quoted text>
i dnt bake it at home...i purchase roasted clay directly.
will u be able to sell me some in USA..if you have time dear..plz
Rinkie

London, UK

#6763 Nov 3, 2013
Hi mitti lover
do know any perzon who ship me this clay
grey roasted clay
i m from lucknow
my e mail id is [email protected]
chris

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#6764 Nov 4, 2013
Hi which Mavu clay is the best to eat?
cristabell

Yonkers, NY

#6765 Nov 4, 2013
I have been eating calabash chalk since I was 7 and i am now 18 and still eating it. I cant help it I just taste so good. the time I mostly crave or it is when it rains heavily and the smell of te rain enters my nose.

Since: Sep 13

Reisterstown, MD

#6766 Nov 4, 2013
chris wrote:
Hi which Mavu clay is the best to eat?
The only clay Mavu had for sell when I went to her site was the red soil cakes. They are gritty with a little taste of rain. At first to me they were just ok, but now I crave it more and more. I hope she adds other types soon.
baba

Jackson, MS

#6767 Nov 5, 2013
I eat at least a bag a dirt a day. In really trying to stop bc I don't want my siblings eating it. I started eating dirt at a young age and I haven't stopped since!! I LOVE CLAY DIRT. A lot of older people sell it here in Mississippi. I go to this older lady house about 4x a month and buy bags a dirt for 1$.
white dirt eater

Jackson, MS

#6768 Nov 5, 2013
baba wrote:
I eat at least a bag a dirt a day. In really trying to stop bc I don't want my siblings eating it. I started eating dirt at a young age and I haven't stopped since!! I LOVE CLAY DIRT. A lot of older people sell it here in Mississippi. I go to this older lady house about 4x a month and buy bags a dirt for 1$.
can you please tell me what part of Mississippi you life in!
Facebook Clay

Beaumont, TX

#6769 Nov 5, 2013
baba wrote:
Hi baba please visit Facebook why we crave & love clay and post some picture of your dirt.
Mz libra

Philadelphia, PA

#6770 Nov 7, 2013
Placed my order of white dirt today!!!!! I purchased from Leslie it was 19.80, Sam's was 20.84 so any savings was good! It's been awhile since I've eaten but I have to lay off the cornstarch. I purchased a box of Argo and made some chunks. I had to force myself to throw the chunks away bcuz I was putting like 3/4 pieces n my mouth at a time. After the crunch and the squeak the pleasure was over. I don't want to spit it out, I think that's nasty. Now I'm like I want white dirt, cornstarch chunks and laundry chunks together..... Pica!!!!!!!
ann

New York, NY

#6771 Nov 8, 2013
Type in Makan Tanah on you tube the show how they make ampo clay. Only thing it is not in English. The men in that village also eat the soil. It is their snack.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6772 Nov 9, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Placed my order of white dirt today!!!!! I purchased from Leslie it was 19.80, Sam's was 20.84 so any savings was good! It's been awhile since I've eaten but I have to lay off the cornstarch. I purchased a box of Argo and made some chunks. I had to force myself to throw the chunks away bcuz I was putting like 3/4 pieces n my mouth at a time. After the crunch and the squeak the pleasure was over. I don't want to spit it out, I think that's nasty. Now I'm like I want white dirt, cornstarch chunks and laundry chunks together..... Pica!!!!!!!
Hi Mz libra, hope you enjoy your dirt and I know what you mean about cornstarch. When I was addicted to the starch it was so good I just wanted to eat and eat. I never really got into spitting it out, but do that sometimes with chalk and clay. I agree that it's nasty though! I'm not attracted to starch at all anymore.

Right now I'm eating some delicious clay that I bought from Soul Sista - I've been making it last. I like her smoky tasting moulded clay (even though I prefer natural unmoulded) but the unmoulded type that I'm eating now I absolutely love! When I first tried a bite from one of the bags when I first got it I thought it was ok, but a couple of days ago I opened another bag and tried it and it was like WOW! I noticed that the first bag was a beige colour, but the type I love is a pale grey with some streaks of other colours in some pieces. It is very hard, crunchy, slightly gritty and also slightly sour...delicious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) Jun 24 tour and travel 34
News Le Bonheur set to build on Vann Drive Jun 23 MsCrib 1
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... Jun 23 longtail 1
News Upcoming community dinners in June (Jun '10) Jun 23 chance 4
News Has Central Texas barbecue forgotten its Africa... Jun 21 Oh No You Di-nt 1
News The Unhealthiest Meals at Chain Restaurants (Jun '15) Jun 21 syllogism 12
News Kalbi's Taco Shack Puts a Korean Twist on Chero... Jun 21 Guest 3
More from around the web