Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Cint

Phoenix, AZ

#6729 Oct 25, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
Anyone that has tried goodolddirt did it make u have problems using the restroom.
I ordered from goodold dirt and it was a little nasty because theirs are very bitter tasting with no earth flavor
shadae

United States

#6731 Oct 26, 2013
clay lover wrote:
I LOVE EATING FREAKING CLAY THE ONE I EAT IS GREY ITS JUST SOOOOOO EARTHY THE TASTR SMELL AND EVERYTHING I LOVE I ALSO EAT DIRT FOR THAT EARTHY TASTE
Can u send me some? Email me [email protected] pleeeease
shadae

United States

#6732 Oct 26, 2013
Earthy Lady wrote:
So today I finally had the chance to go to the market to buy some clay. Turns out I was in for a surprise. The lady I buy it from has pumped up her stock. I mean like insanely. She has clay from: Zambia- white clay essentially which I bought to try because I've been dying to taste some. Then she has clay from Congo and Cameroon. Then the usual clay from joburg and Zimbabwe-this is like the original mavu like I said before. I was in a clay eater's heaven! So now I have 5 clays to choose from. I've asked about getting the kenyan clay, she said yes she will try get it. None of her clay is baked except the one clay I bought which was roasted, it's really 'raw'and amazingly earthy. I decided to bake some of the white clay and original mavu clay. Will update on how they taste baked and unbaked. Yay!
Does she have an email add I want some bad
shadae

United States

#6733 Oct 26, 2013
Anyone with good red, yellow, brown or gray clay dirt email me at [email protected] serious inquiries only
clayaholic

Bridgwater, UK

#6734 Oct 26, 2013
shadae wrote:
Anyone with good red, yellow, brown or gray clay dirt email me at [email protected] serious inquiries only
Personally, I'd say Mavu's red roil clay is hands down THE best I've had and I've eaten quite a few varieties! You should visit her website or email her or something.
Mz libra

Darby, PA

#6735 Oct 27, 2013
Hello Pica family! It has been a real struggle with this Pica. I was going to order my white dirt but decided not to. So I purchased once again some cornstarch(Clovervalley) I ate some in powder form and then made chunks. The more I tried to eat them I couldn't. So I threw away what I had left. I also purchased Argo in the container. I haven't had it in the container in a long time. Boy oh boy the softness of that cornstarch was so incredible!!!! The squeaky sound in my mouth was to die for. I ate the whole container in 3 days. Today I purchased Argo laundry starch made some chunks ate a few but didn't like it at all! Idk what's going on with my Pica its like its in and out when before I had to have cornstarch white dirt like every week. I have had 4 boxes of cornstarch at one time. Oh well just wanted to share
hannahclaylover

Torrance, CA

#6736 Oct 27, 2013
Hi im from the uk and i can't find any seller that isn't mavu does anyone have any ideas on where i could get some soul sista hasn't replied to me in a week and 1 day actually craving soo much right now

Since: Sep 13

Washington, DC

#6737 Oct 27, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Hello Pica family! It has been a real struggle with this Pica. I was going to order my white dirt but decided not to. So I purchased once again some cornstarch(Clovervalley) I ate some in powder form and then made chunks. The more I tried to eat them I couldn't. So I threw away what I had left. I also purchased Argo in the container. I haven't had it in the container in a long time. Boy oh boy the softness of that cornstarch was so incredible!!!! The squeaky sound in my mouth was to die for. I ate the whole container in 3 days. Today I purchased Argo laundry starch made some chunks ate a few but didn't like it at all! Idk what's going on with my Pica its like its in and out when before I had to have cornstarch white dirt like every week. I have had 4 boxes of cornstarch at one time. Oh well just wanted to share
I'm glad when people share they're stories, what they like or don't like. It lets me know I am not alone with loving clay and dirt!
UK CLAY

Towcester, UK

#6739 Oct 27, 2013
EbOnyx wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a seller I saw online. Its shop4mamakenya dot co dot uk/ My posts keep disappearing and I don't know why so I wrote the address this way. Anyway, they have roasted clay/udongo for 2.50 and they are UK based.
I have brought from them before you need to pay a fee of £20.00 at least to get the clay not including shipping.The packet I got wasn't really roasted it was mostly just white dirt broken into little pieces, and a very small bag too, the picture on the website looks a lot bigger. The clay overall melts in your mouth & and has a decent taste to it. Haven't brought from them again but if it tastes better now then I will order if anyone has better reviews?
hannahclaylover

Southampton, UK

#6740 Oct 28, 2013
it says shipping is 5.60 still expensive especially with one bag. i guess ill just suffer in silence and wait for soul sista to come back
mitti lover

India

#6741 Oct 29, 2013
in india it is very easy to purchase clay...roasted and non roasted as well... wish i could ship it for u. but it is not posb due to my schedule. i would have loved to share Indian clay wid all of u.
Rinkie

London, UK

#6742 Oct 29, 2013
Hi mitti lover
how many kind clay found in india .
Rinkie

London, UK

#6743 Oct 29, 2013
Mitti lover pls share your experience.
hannahclaylover

Bournemouth, UK

#6744 Oct 29, 2013
i found this http:// j o m u s p i c e f i r m . c o . k e / r o a s t e d u d o n g o.h t m l some clay from nairobi i think don't know how much though
ann

New York, NY

#6745 Oct 29, 2013
You tube-Rock craving women in Kenya. Nice to watch. Really big piece. A whole bag for ten dollars. Wow!!
mitti lover

Chennai, India

#6746 Oct 29, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Hi mitti lover
how many kind clay found in india .
hey...generally people eat multani mitti here dat is the only indian clay im aware about in terms of eating. apart from dat people also eat slate pencil. and black soil from farms.
mitti lover

Delhi, India

#6747 Oct 29, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Mitti lover pls share your experience.
hi Rinki....i love eating multani mitti. unrosted mitti is gummy and sticky but i like the earthy flavour it spreads in my mouth. it just melts in mouth softly. roasted clay is crunchy and non sticky. its flavour depends on the time for which u roast it. i like grey colour stones. yummmyyy. i drink lots of water usually. as a kid i used to eat slate pencil as well
Rinkie

London, UK

#6748 Oct 30, 2013
Hi mitti lover
i love the taste of multani &slatepencil
were r u found grey stone
Rinkie

London, UK

#6749 Oct 30, 2013
Mitti lover
what is the process of multani mitti. I m roast mitti on the fire so that is broken in small2chunks
anjali

Scarborough, Canada

#6750 Oct 30, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Mitti lover
what is the process of multani mitti. I m roast mitti on the fire so that is broken in small2chunks
yes u too love mutani mitti n grey roasted clay which we get in mumbai n in gujarat.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can you legitimately be addicted to a certain f... 3 hr hello 1
News Jacobs & Brichford Introduces Two New Cheeses a... 7 hr ohno 1
News Blue Jacket cheese wins at 2016 Ohio State Fair 16 hr unkle felix 1
News Pontotoc County cook stresses importance of fam... 17 hr Bad health habits 1
News The Best Iced Coffee Drinks in Every Miami Neig... Fri Hans Dickenhand G... 4
an evening on the beach Thu Mona Day 1
News Flavors of the Pacific Rim in Midtown Ventura Thu ventura_resident123 1
More from around the web