Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,625
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6559 Sep 10, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
So clay is the culprit in turning the tongue black? I used to wonder why... Now I know . After this batch that I have am not going to touch clay again.
@Odowa lover what kind of clay batch are you eating on now ? Your Odowa is Bring sold online again by that Website that hasbeen out since January. For U.S. customers it extremly expensive.

Since: Oct 12

Ilford, UK

#6560 Sep 10, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@Odowa lover what kind of clay batch are you eating on now ? Your Odowa is Bring sold online again by that Website that hasbeen out since January. For U.S. customers it extremly expensive.
Am actually eating odowa. A friend brought me two chunks from kenya. Thanks for the tip about odowa . I Ordered some already .. But I really think I should quit after this last batch ..
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#6561 Sep 11, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@Odowa lover what kind of clay batch are you eating on now ? Your Odowa is Bring sold online again by that Website that hasbeen out since January. For U.S. customers it extremly expensive.
can you name the website...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6562 Sep 11, 2013
@zaheera. sure Its wahufood I would have loved to try some but the shipping is too expensive for U.S. customers...

Since: Jun 13

Mooresville, NC

#6564 Sep 11, 2013
Anyone ordered from Mutt and Jeff lately? I am fixing to order a batch but the last I got from them was so gritty....

Since: Jun 13

Mooresville, NC

#6565 Sep 11, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I have tried putting some in a paper bag and also baked some, but what I haven't tried yet is putting the baked clay in a paper bag so will try that.
I love how crunchy the white dirt is, just wish it was more to my taste. Are you saying that the red dirt isn't as hard and crunchy? Sounds like it would be perfect if it was.
Did baking the clay and putting it in a paper bag give you the earthy flavor you were craving? Sure wish Leslie had some red dirt in stock been craving me some.
Dr william

Ashburn, VA

#6566 Sep 12, 2013
Hello,are you interested in great brotherhood (illuminati)?
Join illuminati today and get rich.contact
Dr william on +2348107944625
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6567 Sep 12, 2013
Kellzgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Did baking the clay and putting it in a paper bag give you the earthy flavor you were craving? Sure wish Leslie had some red dirt in stock been craving me some.
It improved it a little, but it never did get the earthiness that I hoped for. I like it more now though then when I first got it...I'm down to only about 1.5 chunks left and will miss it when it's gone. The piece I had this morning was really good - it was a little gritty which I like.

I am off to the UK this month and looking forward to trying all the clays I can get my hands on! I hope Mavu has a good supply!
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6568 Sep 12, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> I also love watching her videos. If u type in cornstarch chunks on YT some more ladies have made videos. I eat different brands of cornstarch also love chalk and white dirt aka as kaolin. If had Pica for several years.
I am pregnant with twins and have 4 other children. Every time I get pregnant I crave dirt but I haven't been able to find exactly what I like. The red soil cakes from mavu are not my flavor and the Georgia white dirt is okay but not exactly what I crave either. I want to eat just really dried out red dirt off the ground but I can only bring myself to eat tiny bits because I'm afraid of parasites and such!
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#6569 Sep 12, 2013
TwinsOTW wrote:
<quoted text> I am pregnant with twins and have 4 other children. Every time I get pregnant I crave dirt but I haven't been able to find exactly what I like. The red soil cakes from mavu are not my flavor and the Georgia white dirt is okay but not exactly what I crave either. I want to eat just really dried out red dirt off the ground but I can only bring myself to eat tiny bits because I'm afraid of parasites and such!
Yes as a child I ate dirt off the ground as well. I have not been able to find that same taste yet. Mz Cornstarch is giving away free samples of dirt see her you tube video for more info. However I was told or read that if you heat your dirt in the oven or micro it will kill any parasites.
Dr william

United States

#6571 Sep 13, 2013
Hello,are you interested in great brotherhood (illuminati)?
Join illuminati today and get rich.contact
Dr william on +2348107944625
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6572 Sep 13, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes as a child I ate dirt off the ground as well. I have not been able to find that same taste yet. Mz Cornstarch is giving away free samples of dirt see her you tube video for more info. However I was told or read that if you heat your dirt in the oven or micro it will kill any parasites.
yeah I talk to her a lot about our cravings and its looking like I'm going to be heating and eating dirt on my own lol
Eskay

Southampton, UK

#6573 Sep 14, 2013
Dear sisters , i have been following this thread almost from the begining & finally i have managed to be off clay for the past 4-5 months , its scarry now to think of the amount of clay i consumed , i am now being treated for severe anaemia & depression , PTSD , i thought i was coping very well with clay but only now with all this counseling & support & medication have i realised the hell iv put my body & mind through , the battle is won but the war is still on , i just started the medicines rx by the psychiatrist & the iron tablets (3/day) and two days later the cravingsjust stopped & belv me iv been on this drug for years ... So what im trying to say is , PLEASE PLEASE DONT TAKE YOUR CLAY ABUSE LIGHTLY , a few pieces in a month is bad enough but those lime me who eat bags of clay & who carry it around , please consider therapy , SOMETHING SERIOUSLY BAD IS HAPPENING TO YOU , PLEASE GET HELP , TALK TO YOUR GP DOCTOR ,DONT TURN TO CLAY , NO IT IS NOT HEALTHY USED THIS WAY , IT IS AS POTENT AS A DRUG , PLEASE GET HELP.im sorry i used caps but i really am terrified looking now at the place i was in , thats why i am screaming , get help , stop buying /eating this .
Eskay

Southampton, UK

#6574 Sep 14, 2013
Drug - meant clay*
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6575 Sep 14, 2013
Hello ladies, well I'm down to my last few bites of white dirt and they are the best! This chunk seems tastier but is also slightly gritty which I love.

I looked closely at this chunk to try to see why it was gritty, and see lots of really tiny bits of what look like shiny crystals as well as bits that are a rusty brown color. Ladies that eat a lot of dirt, is this normal? Thanks.
TwinsOTW

Franklin, TN

#6576 Sep 14, 2013
All things clay wrote:
Hello ladies, well I'm down to my last few bites of white dirt and they are the best! This chunk seems tastier but is also slightly gritty which I love.
I looked closely at this chunk to try to see why it was gritty, and see lots of really tiny bits of what look like shiny crystals as well as bits that are a rusty brown color. Ladies that eat a lot of dirt, is this normal? Thanks.
its very normal :) all of mine has the crystal flecks and spots. It wont hurt you :) as for being dangerous it must not be TOO bad because i caught my 2 year old eating a chunk and she just had her lead check at the pediatrician and her blood work was excellent. All good things in moderation of course. Enjoy!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6577 Sep 15, 2013
Thanks TwinsOTW!
Try hard to stop

Accra, Ghana

#6578 Sep 15, 2013
Pray to GOD to help you stop or at least reduce it...white clay/ewo is a medicine but taking it in large quantity is bad for ones health. It got calcium, magnesium n some other minerals in it but still.......remember to take alot of water.

Since: Sep 13

Washington, DC

#6579 Sep 15, 2013
Hello Ladies, I am new to this site and am so happy to find it. I have spent the last three days reading everyone's post. I can't believe I have found others with the same cravings as I have. I am very interested in buying clay from a few people on this site. Can anyone tell me how to purchase clay from Mavou or Soul Sista?
UK CLAY

Oxford, UK

#6580 Sep 16, 2013
Soilseeker wrote:
Hello Ladies, I am new to this site and am so happy to find it. I have spent the last three days reading everyone's post. I can't believe I have found others with the same cravings as I have. I am very interested in buying clay from a few people on this site. Can anyone tell me how to purchase clay from Mavou or Soul Sista?
Hey! I know exactly how you feel as i felt the same! What sort of clay do you usually eat?
Mavu Sellers website is currently under maintenance and you can contact Soul Sista through soulghfoods@hotmail.com she sells the Ghana clay Ayilo and some creamy chunks! Hope that helps :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillbilly Butts and Brisket BBQ says good-bye t... 14 min Ralph 12
Two chocolate makers warn of huge annual deficit 7 hr mr goodwrench 140
How Life's Code Emerged From Primordial Soup (Sep '09) 17 hr DanFromSmithville 144
Bread & Butter: Cool idea for Novato: ice cream... (Mar '13) 17 hr HaiYen 5
Fruit tree pruning workshop held today (Feb '09) Fri Michael2327 3
Illegal cigarettes could be filled with human e... Fri Taajsgpm 5
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Fri Truth Teller 17

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE