Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 312)

Showing posts 6,221 - 6,240 of7,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Earthy Lady

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Hi All

Just finished playing catch up with the forum. I've been busy with studies and it's only going to get worse. I haven't had clay in about a month or so (no I lie). In any case, I said I am totally not touching for a long while because of my stint with lead poisoning. I found some clay in my aunt's handbag when I was with her recently. I didn't know she ate clay though I knew her friend did. So that did not help my clay fast. She was telling me how it's possible to get white dirt or something similar around South Africa but she says it is very hard to find. During the entire time I was with her she was just munching away, my mouth was watering and I tried to resist but goodness I had one chunk and it was really good, she'd baked it so it was crunchy, earthy and very smooth oh but it was great.
Yeshi Gemaneh

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Why did you suppress my comment on clay? I don't see it anywhere.
Clay lover

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2013

Judged:

Okay so I eat clay almost everyday and I'm literally addicted. No one in my family knows about this and I don't plan on telling them..
New_seller_comin g _soon

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2013

Judged:

Ladies!!! Miss Kenya is going to start up her own little business. She says it on her YouTube account. Look up KenyaMzCormstarch Queen in the search box on YouTube. It won't be nothing like mavu but something similar to Wanda and Leslie and she's selling cornstarch too. White dirt, red dirt, brown dirt, Argo cornstarch (chunks, powder, in the box or container) she lives in the US so I don't know if she will be shipping internationally. But if you live in the US I hope you guys take advantage!
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

New_seller_coming _soon wrote:
Ladies!!! Miss Kenya is going to start up her own little business. She says it on her YouTube account. Look up KenyaMzCormstarch Queen in the search box on YouTube. It won't be nothing like mavu but something similar to Wanda and Leslie and she's selling cornstarch too. White dirt, red dirt, brown dirt, Argo cornstarch (chunks, powder, in the box or container) she lives in the US so I don't know if she will be shipping internationally. But if you live in the US I hope you guys take advantage!
I def will!!! I love her she was kind enough to send me a nice sample of Georgia white dirt and her videos are great. Absolutely a seller I trust!
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

UK CLAY wrote:
Hi everyone have just spent the last week reading through everyone's comments
Feels good to know that there are other people out there that share the same cravings as me as I know how crazy I can get when not having any
Me personally I like the gritty and crunchy kind not the smooth, as I've been grown to have the black roasted clay from back home
Does anybody know what the best kind of gritty crunchy roasted burnt kind of clay I would be able to find in the UK. I have tastes Soul Sistas Ayilp but it isn't roasted although very tasty and will be orderimg from her again as the grittiness is awesome!

:)
If you are wanting gritty then you should order Tanzania soil cakes from Mavu... But be prepared to wait (I ordered mine aug 22 and got them yesterday.) I was disappointed because they were broken into tiny bits but they are full of grit and small rocks. I didn't like the flavor at all but from what you describe it sounds like you may enjoy them. Good luck!!
UK CLAY

Stevenage, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

TwinsOTW wrote:
<quoted text>If you are wanting gritty then you should order Tanzania soil cakes from Mavu... But be prepared to wait (I ordered mine aug 22 and got them yesterday.) I was disappointed because they were broken into tiny bits but they are full of grit and small rocks. I didn't like the flavor at all but from what you describe it sounds like you may enjoy them. Good luck!!
Hey TwinsOTW! Thank you so much for your reply I was beginning to wonder if anyone had even read my post lol. What is the flavour like of these soil cakes? Are they sour or burnt? Or do they taste like the white dirt chunks? Mavus site seems to be under construction at the moment bit that will definitely be my next purchase! Thanks!
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2013

UK CLAY wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TwinsOTW! Thank you so much for your reply I was beginning to wonder if anyone had even read my post lol. What is the flavour like of these soil cakes? Are they sour or burnt? Or do they taste like the white dirt chunks? Mavus site seems to be under construction at the moment bit that will definitely be my next purchase! Thanks!
they taste nothing like the white dirt they are hard and crunchy with tons of grit and have a strong baked earthly flavor. It wasn't at all what I was looking for. I have no use for the soil cakes if you'd like them. I have 4 that I never touched still in the original packaging you are welcome to have. My email is cliett.kerrie@gmail.com just let me know if you'd like them :) I know how it is to be on the hunt for just the right flavor as I am still seeking out my perfect fit!

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Hi Ladies!

So sorry I wasn't up and running! I was on holiday so it didn't make sense for me to be receiving orders and I only got back today so busy replying all my emails!

The sale will be on tomorrow for the Tanzania Red Soil Cake!

Sorry Kerrie you didn't find what you where looking for! Sent you an email!

Regards,
MavuSeller

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Hi Mavu
Were you able to get the shipping feasable for U.S.customers ? I hope so I would love to try some
ivy

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

I love eating clay. Infact I crave 4 it and eat as much as I can each time I lay my hands on it. I tried stopping it but stil find myself eating it. Am worried it might have some side effect on me. Infact it has turned the colour of my tongue black. And am told it can block my womb. Please help
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Mary Tyler wrote:
Hi Mavu
Were you able to get the shipping feasable for U.S.customers ? I hope so I would love to try some
Mary I just ordered some red soil cakes from Mavu and I live in the US. I thought it was very reasonable I paid 13.00 and some change for 5 of the red soil cakes. It does take them awhile to get here though I assume because they are coming from the UK :)
ruthy

Accra, Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Plz I need help to stop eating white clay.......it 's destroying my relationship and I don't know how to put an end to it.....plz help me.

Since: Oct 12

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

ivy wrote:
I love eating clay. Infact I crave 4 it and eat as much as I can each time I lay my hands on it. I tried stopping it but stil find myself eating it. Am worried it might have some side effect on me. Infact it has turned the colour of my tongue black. And am told it can block my womb. Please help
So clay is the culprit in turning the tongue black? I used to wonder why... Now I know . After this batch that I have am not going to touch clay again.
Kyy

Peoria, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I'm out of Phoenix az, and it sounds like a lot of y'all are from the east. Anyone have a place to find red dirt here in the south west!?
Amanda

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I started craving soil when i fell pregnant n nw have noticed that it has come a habit im really worried abt my health bt i just cant stop
Mona

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I eat multani slate pen & clay pots
ilovethe hard clay
eathy gritty crunchy
pica

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

I also have a strong craving for earthy dried particles. It started when I was frustrated with my math home work and I began eating pencil lead. Then I started eating concrete/ sement dust. As a teenager, I once dig a whole into a concrete wall so that I can eat the dust. When I got my first job, I ate some of the drywall in my office. I dug a whole in the wall , behing a picture on the wall, and I ate a little bit when ever I became anxious, stressed or annoyed. I also ate the drywall in my bedroom. When I eat , I feel better

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

TwinsOTW wrote:
<quoted text> Mary I just ordered some red soil cakes from Mavu and I live in the US. I thought it was very reasonable I paid 13.00 and some change for 5 of the red soil cakes. It does take them awhile to get here though I assume because they are coming from the UK :)
@TwinsOTW thanks yeah that not to bad I just tried and it said page under maintenance .I will try back later
Mz libra

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

TwinsOTW wrote:
<quoted text> I am addicted to watching that video!!! Also, Miss Kenya has a youtube video of herself sampling Mavu just type in mavu clay and her videos will come up. She also eats white georgia dirt, red clay, and corn starch lol. I love her videos.
I also love watching her videos. If u type in cornstarch chunks on YT some more ladies have made videos. I eat different brands of cornstarch also love chalk and white dirt aka as kaolin. If had Pica for several years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,221 - 6,240 of7,754
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••