Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 311)

Showing posts 6,201 - 6,220 of7,203
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
zzz

Abuja, Nigeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6517
Aug 31, 2013
 
as with everything, moderation....
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6518
Sep 1, 2013
 
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi All!
I know I've been a little quiet over here but just letting you know MAVU is under maintenance as we have SALE coming on and a review over those postage prices! Will see if I can make some feasible adjustments! Keep your eyes peeled!
MavuSeller
I have been waiting on an order of red soil cakes for a little over a week now and can't wait. I am pregnant with twins and can't find anything to suit my cravings! The Georgia dirt was disappointing to me, as well as cornstarch. I paid 13 US dollars for the soil cakes and thought that was very reasonable (from MAVU) of course. I check the mail so much my husband asked me if I was expecting money LOL I would love to try some odowa also!
Abi clay

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6519
Sep 1, 2013
 
TwinsOTW wrote:
<quoted text> I have been waiting on an order of red soil cakes for a little over a week now and can't wait. I am pregnant with twins and can't find anything to suit my cravings! The Georgia dirt was disappointing to me, as well as cornstarch. I paid 13 US dollars for the soil cakes and thought that was very reasonable (from MAVU) of course. I check the mail so much my husband asked me if I was expecting money LOL I would love to try some odowa also!
Hi,
It will be best if you eat in moderation. Because been pregnant and eating clay is unhealthy. But I understand your cravings. I have been tripping the African market in my area just to get hold of the ghana clay. It feels very awkward when you walk to the counter to pay the the cashier looks at you in a certain way. But will definitely pass by today to try getting myself some gray clay from ghana. I can't control my cravings.
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6520
Sep 1, 2013
 
Abi clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
It will be best if you eat in moderation. Because been pregnant and eating clay is unhealthy. But I understand your cravings. I have been tripping the African market in my area just to get hold of the ghana clay. It feels very awkward when you walk to the counter to pay the the cashier looks at you in a certain way. But will definitely pass by today to try getting myself some gray clay from ghana. I can't control my cravings.
I have tried bentonite chunks and the white georgia dirt and they both tasted very similar. I have barely consumed crumbs lol. Im hoping the soil cakes are what im looking for because i will probably just nibble them. I take a ton of vitamins and supplements and drink a lot of water. This will be my 5th and 6th child and we are done!! Lol i have craved dirt or clay with each pregnancy and my dr says my blood looks great so its def a mystery!!
nolofatso

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6521
Sep 2, 2013
 
am a girl aged 17 i eat clay i want to stop but i cant pliz help

Since: Aug 13

Incheon, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6522
Sep 2, 2013
 
I think it's maybe a little bit strange. Ice Cream would be better.
UK CLAY

Buckingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6523
Sep 2, 2013
 
Hi everyone have just spent the last week reading through everyone's comments

Feels good to know that there are other people out there that share the same cravings as me as I know how crazy I can get when not having any

Me personally I like the gritty and crunchy kind not the smooth, as I've been grown to have the black roasted clay from back home

Does anybody know what the best kind of gritty crunchy roasted burnt kind of clay I would be able to find in the UK. I have tastes Soul Sistas Ayilp but it isn't roasted although very tasty and will be orderimg from her again as the grittiness is awesome!

:)
Udz

Warwick, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6524
Sep 2, 2013
 
I am soon moving back to Kenya and after being abroad for so long and not being able to get clay I am happy it will now be at my disposal.

It is really stressful to get clay here and for me since I will be able to get as much clay as I like I would like to help you ladies out. For those who are Kenyan i can get Nakumatt Clay, its very smooth and earthy though some packets are very gritty therefore I can cater to both different tastes depending on what you like, there is Tuskys clay, Ebrahims Clay and the Udongo Clay sold by the ladies on the market. For those who are not Kenyan, I plan to post pictures and you can see the different clays I am talking about.

I would just like to know how many of you would be interested in buying the clay. I aim to offer the true market value of the clay, as I'm sure some of you know how cheap the prices are for clay in Africa, n the additional cost on your part will be the shipping cost.

I am to do this because I know what it feels like to crave Clay and not be in a position to get any, and the ones that are available do not really suit your prefferences. I have been on Iron tablets for a while but they dont seem to work that well and one of the things I am really excited about is the chance to get as much clay as I want, and I'd like to help you guys out if you have been in the same position as me, craving clay so badly, the thought of it makes your mouth water, but you cant get any access to it.
EbOnyx

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6525
Sep 2, 2013
 
Udz wrote:
I am soon moving back to Kenya and after being abroad for so long and not being able to get clay I am happy it will now be at my disposal.
It is really stressful to get clay here and for me since I will be able to get as much clay as I like I would like to help you ladies out. For those who are Kenyan i can get Nakumatt Clay, its very smooth and earthy though some packets are very gritty therefore I can cater to both different tastes depending on what you like, there is Tuskys clay, Ebrahims Clay and the Udongo Clay sold by the ladies on the market. For those who are not Kenyan, I plan to post pictures and you can see the different clays I am talking about.
I would just like to know how many of you would be interested in buying the clay. I aim to offer the true market value of the clay, as I'm sure some of you know how cheap the prices are for clay in Africa, n the additional cost on your part will be the shipping cost.
I am to do this because I know what it feels like to crave Clay and not be in a position to get any, and the ones that are available do not really suit your prefferences. I have been on Iron tablets for a while but they dont seem to work that well and one of the things I am really excited about is the chance to get as much clay as I want, and I'd like to help you guys out if you have been in the same position as me, craving clay so badly, the thought of it makes your mouth water, but you cant get any access to it.
I, for one, would be exceedingly grateful to be able to order from you. It would only be fair that you make some profit for your time though, because you will likely be inundated with orders. This habit is often stressful, time-consuming, and very expensive but I still want to try every kind I can get my hands on.
Clay Yay

Bangalore, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6526
Sep 3, 2013
 
Udz....I absolutely would be interested. I am from India and it gets very very tough to be spending huge amounts of money to satisfy your clay craving if I were to order online. Most online sellers are based in the US/UK. The amount that it would cost me for a bag of clay is a small fortune. It is so lovely to hear someone even trying to help others addicted to clay for the reasons you mentioned. There will be many many orders coming your way...You can be rest assured. I personally like the non salty and non gritty clays.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6527
Sep 3, 2013
 
Hi Udz, I too am interested in all types of clay. Can you describe what those other clays are like that you mention? Thanks
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6528
Sep 3, 2013
 
Thanks Udz. It's great that you are willing to help clay lovers with there cravings. I don't crave clay every day but I do like trying different kinds.
Info

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6529
Sep 3, 2013
 
Another interested party here :) I would love to try especially the red odowa that's shown in that Youtube video 'Chewing up stones in Kenya'
Udz wrote:
I am soon moving back to Kenya and after being abroad for so long and not being able to get clay I am happy it will now be at my disposal.
It is really stressful to get clay here and for me since I will be able to get as much clay as I like I would like to help you ladies out. For those who are Kenyan i can get Nakumatt Clay, its very smooth and earthy though some packets are very gritty therefore I can cater to both different tastes depending on what you like, there is Tuskys clay, Ebrahims Clay and the Udongo Clay sold by the ladies on the market. For those who are not Kenyan, I plan to post pictures and you can see the different clays I am talking about.
I would just like to know how many of you would be interested in buying the clay. I aim to offer the true market value of the clay, as I'm sure some of you know how cheap the prices are for clay in Africa, n the additional cost on your part will be the shipping cost.
I am to do this because I know what it feels like to crave Clay and not be in a position to get any, and the ones that are available do not really suit your prefferences. I have been on Iron tablets for a while but they dont seem to work that well and one of the things I am really excited about is the chance to get as much clay as I want, and I'd like to help you guys out if you have been in the same position as me, craving clay so badly, the thought of it makes your mouth water, but you cant get any access to it.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6530
Sep 3, 2013
 
Udz If you haven't visited the Facebook Why we crave & love clay I would suggest you visited and view all the delicious clay pictures. Best of luck on your new journey of the PICA WORLD. I would also be interested in the kalaba clay from Togo. The absolute best I hear.
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6531
Sep 3, 2013
 
Info wrote:
Another interested party here :) I would love to try especially the red odowa that's shown in that Youtube video 'Chewing up stones in Kenya'
<quoted text>
I am addicted to watching that video!!! Also, Miss Kenya has a youtube video of herself sampling Mavu just type in mavu clay and her videos will come up. She also eats white georgia dirt, red clay, and corn starch lol. I love her videos.
Udz

Warwick, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6532
Sep 4, 2013
 
EbOnyx wrote:
<quoted text>
I, for one, would be exceedingly grateful to be able to order from you. It would only be fair that you make some profit for your time though, because you will likely be inundated with orders. This habit is often stressful, time-consuming, and very expensive but I still want to try every kind I can get my hands on.
Great to see that you are on board! We have a couple of different varieties of clay and I will be sure to post pictures to make your ordering easier when you can see exactly what you are ordering.
Udz

Warwick, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6533
Sep 4, 2013
 
Mary Tyler wrote:
Udz If you haven't visited the Facebook Why we crave & love clay I would suggest you visited and view all the delicious clay pictures. Best of luck on your new journey of the PICA WORLD. I would also be interested in the kalaba clay from Togo. The absolute best I hear.
Thank you! I will definitely check the group out
Udz

Warwick, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6534
Sep 4, 2013
 
Info wrote:
Another interested party here :) I would love to try especially the red odowa that's shown in that Youtube video 'Chewing up stones in Kenya'
<quoted text>
Yes, i know the one you are talking about. being in the country will be easy for me to source all the different clays, so once everything is up and running I will be sure to let you guys know, I just wanted to be sure there would be a market before I venture into it.
Udz

Warwick, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6535
Sep 4, 2013
 
Alabama Red wrote:
Thanks Udz. It's great that you are willing to help clay lovers with there cravings. I don't crave clay every day but I do like trying different kinds.
Yes I am because i have been in this position for so long and since I will not get the clay available to me whenever I crave it, why not help others out :)
TwinsOTW

Fairview, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6536
Sep 4, 2013
 
Udz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I am because i have been in this position for so long and since I will not get the clay available to me whenever I crave it, why not help others out :)
i would love to try odowa. I want to try every clay that i can :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,201 - 6,220 of7,203
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Devotees throng Hanuman temples on deity's birt... 5 hr Truth Speaking Bong 1
Mayor's menu filled up: 1 day, 24 restaurants 5 hr Christshariahns R Cumin 1
Trattoria 'A Vucchella opens in Bridgeport 10 hr Sol 3
Mooeya s Frozen Yogurt coming to Poolesville th... 13 hr Tom and Jane Heprun 2
Morgan Spurlock documenting wide range of subje... 13 hr Garlanda Goldwin 1
Farmer's Market Vendor in Hot Water Over Stolen... 15 hr TTT 1
Neighborhood news: Spring Creek Village 18 hr Red 1
•••
•••
•••
•••