Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 310)

Showing posts 6,181 - 6,200 of7,216
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
clay junkie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks clay junkie . I hope you remember me next time .

Will do dear...you are first on the list x
porshyia

Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

i dönt know why ,i have this ströng eage for white clay.even earli in the mornings.i just cant stop.but i want 2 have children in future
seema

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Scott wrote:
What the deal with eating clay. I eat a ton of it and I am 40 and have never had any health problems. Kaolite tastes like rain with a hint of peanuts and it melts in your mouth like chocolate. It gets rid of heavy metals like murcury, so it doesn't give you murcury. It binds at the molecular level to get rid of toxins and heavy metals. My brain has not suffered like most in our population due to vaccinations and being injected with these metals.
Human beings have been eating dirt and clay since we left the cave. It is just that society shuns what it doesn't understand. You can get help for it if you want, but it is perfectly natural. I would never recommend just eating dirt of the ground, bateria and parasites - but clay from Georgia mines or Red Teramin clay is fine.
how is your teeth??????????
seema

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

porshyia wrote:
i dönt know why ,i have this ströng eage for white clay.even earli in the mornings.i just cant stop.but i want 2 have children in future
do u get regular periods...if your craving is so strong...that u want to eat it first thing inthe morning...START IRON PILLS RIGHT AWAY DEAR>>DO NOT RUIN YOUR FUTURE>>>WANNA HAVE KIDS RIGHT???
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Kellzgirl wrote:
Does anyone actually like grit in their white dirt? The two orders I have recently got from Mutt and Jeff have had a fair amount of grit. There have been plenty of the smooth crunchy pieces I like too. But it just got me to wondering if anyone actually likes the gritty pieces.
About Mavu I haven't ordered from her. Too high for me but I realize that she has got to make enough money to make it worth it for her. Not just shipping prices but also her time spent sourcing her product getting it from her suppliers then getting it ready to ship it out to her customers. If I were doing her I would be sure to price it high enough to make a little something for my effort.
Cheers
I have recently tried white dirt, and so far the pieces have been smooth with no grit. I wish it had a bit of grittiness to it, and also more flavor as it doesn't seem earthy at all. I like it, but don't love it like I had hoped.

I would love to be able to try that red odowa that has been talked about, or the soil cake or Leslie's red dirt - I just instinctively feel that something red would be more earthy and satisfying.
Udz

Warwick, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

seema wrote:
<quoted text>
do u get regular periods...if your craving is so strong...that u want to eat it first thing inthe morning...START IRON PILLS RIGHT AWAY DEAR>>DO NOT RUIN YOUR FUTURE>>>WANNA HAVE KIDS RIGHT???
How does eating clay affect having children in the future?and does it cause irregular periods?

Since: Jun 13

Aurora, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

I had the same thought when I got my first batch. Not at all as earthy as I thought it would be. Baking and then storing in a paper bag helps a lot. I started ordering from Mutt and Jeff cuz I can crunch through a pound or more a day. I just chew and spit out cuz that satisfies my craving. I would be a mess if I swallowed all I chew. Lol With Mutt and Jeff a lot of the pieces will have grit to them. But as someone else said up thread with getting ten pounds you are bound to get some pieces of your favorite type. I have found the gritty pieces have a stronger taste.
I loved the taste of Miss Leslie's red dirt. It just wasn't in the big hard crunchy pieces I crave. I am with you would love to try those Red Soil Cakes.

Aurora, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have recently tried white dirt, and so far the pieces have been smooth with no grit. I wish it had a bit of grittiness to it, and also more flavor as it doesn't seem earthy at all. I like it, but don't love it like I had hoped.
I would love to be able to try that red odowa that has been talked about, or the soil cake or Leslie's red dirt - I just instinctively feel that something red would be more earthy and satisfying.
The comment above was directed to you All Things Clay.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Kellzgirl wrote:
I had the same thought when I got my first batch. Not at all as earthy as I thought it would be. Baking and then storing in a paper bag helps a lot. I started ordering from Mutt and Jeff cuz I can crunch through a pound or more a day. I just chew and spit out cuz that satisfies my craving. I would be a mess if I swallowed all I chew. Lol With Mutt and Jeff a lot of the pieces will have grit to them. But as someone else said up thread with getting ten pounds you are bound to get some pieces of your favorite type. I have found the gritty pieces have a stronger taste.
I loved the taste of Miss Leslie's red dirt. It just wasn't in the big hard crunchy pieces I crave. I am with you would love to try those Red Soil Cakes.
Thanks. I have tried putting some in a paper bag and also baked some, but what I haven't tried yet is putting the baked clay in a paper bag so will try that.

I love how crunchy the white dirt is, just wish it was more to my taste. Are you saying that the red dirt isn't as hard and crunchy? Sounds like it would be perfect if it was.

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I have tried putting some in a paper bag and also baked some, but what I haven't tried yet is putting the baked clay in a paper bag so will try that.
I love how crunchy the white dirt is, just wish it was more to my taste. Are you saying that the red dirt isn't as hard and crunchy? Sounds like it would be perfect if it was.
Yes put the baked clay in the paper bag. It seems like the longer it is in the bag the better. It still isn't as earthy as what I first expected but it seems like it is exactly what I want now.

Even after I baked the red it wasn't as hard and crunchy. That may have been because its texture was so different than the white. It crumbled rather than staying in big chunks. It had some grit to it and this batch had some kaolin streaks in it. Different in a good way.

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Hi All!

I know I've been a little quiet over here but just letting you know MAVU is under maintenance as we have SALE coming on and a review over those postage prices! Will see if I can make some feasible adjustments! Keep your eyes peeled!

MavuSeller
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

MavuSeller wrote:
Hi All!
I know I've been a little quiet over here but just letting you know MAVU is under maintenance as we have SALE coming on and a review over those postage prices! Will see if I can make some feasible adjustments! Keep your eyes peeled!
MavuSeller
Great!!!
kashish

India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

dnt eat mitti or clay it causes stomach cancer as wel as constipation prblem.
Nzu lover

Buckingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Chalk lover wrote:
Hi all,
For those in the US who would like to try some of the cylinder shaped clay I wrote about in an earlier post, here are the details for postage costs:
postage for 1 bag $5.21
2 bags $6.09
3 bags $6.97
4 bags $7.86
5 bags $10.66
6 bags $10.66
These prices or for postage only. The postage is the cheapest via air mail and there is no tracking available.
Each bag is £2.00/$3.16
Hope this is more clear.
God bless
Does anyone know of this person is still selling and where I can contact her from?
clay yay

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Mavuseller...what products do we hope to see in the sale ?
ivie

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Is good ole dirt from wanda sour or is it leslie's white or red dirt? I want to buy some just don't knw from whom..
Rinkie

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Hi munni were r u
kashish

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

hye girls
i m frm mumbai in india. i used to hav grey black baked multani mitti or clay. it is vry cheap in prize. i m having since i was ten yr old. this clay is vry tasty n crunchy once u hav it u would like to hav it again n again. u will find this clay in mumbai anywhr in chana wala shop. And yes u can find it in pune, nasik, ahemdabad, gujrat at any shop.
kashish

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

i knw craving of havin clay is bad habit. i hav had lot of gray baked clay n still i feel the same craving of clay. but i can not eat it because now i m having the constipation problem. my digestiv system is not working properly due to having this clay. my grand mother told me that eating clay causes stomach cancer n constipation as well as anemia problem. so plz girls stop having clay its very dangerous for health.
zzz

Abuja, Nigeria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

I too love the smell of sand after it rains, I love the smell of paint, petrol, nail varnish-but no, I refrain from sniffing them as I know the harmful effects. I eat clay- the gray type and crave uncooked cereal so i eat that too. I'm female.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,181 - 6,200 of7,216
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••