Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,255
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Info

Leicester, UK

#6479 Aug 20, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay junkie am so jealous . How will you get the fresh red odowa?? Am waiting for a friend to bring me some nakumatt clay and the gray odowa from the market .. My cravings this time are so high ..
Mmmh, would def want to try that red odowa, is this another clay you can source Mavu..?

Since: Jun 13

Lawrenceburg, IN

#6480 Aug 20, 2013
Does anyone actually like grit in their white dirt? The two orders I have recently got from Mutt and Jeff have had a fair amount of grit. There have been plenty of the smooth crunchy pieces I like too. But it just got me to wondering if anyone actually likes the gritty pieces.

About Mavu I haven't ordered from her. Too high for me but I realize that she has got to make enough money to make it worth it for her. Not just shipping prices but also her time spent sourcing her product getting it from her suppliers then getting it ready to ship it out to her customers. If I were doing her I would be sure to price it high enough to make a little something for my effort.

Cheers
STOP

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6481 Aug 20, 2013
Used to eat it 15 years ago and stopped, got a piece again and got hooked. I am honestly trying to stop, I have recently started feeling discomfort in swallowing and I am attributing it to this bad habit. I swallow it no more, all I do is chew and spit it out and immediately brush, and it gives me the same satisfaction. I am still trying to stop this altogether. I feel like throwing it all out but how can I?
clay junkie

UK

#6482 Aug 21, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay junkie am so jealous . How will you get the fresh red odowa?? Am waiting for a friend to bring me some nakumatt clay and the gray odowa from the market .. My cravings this time are so high ..
Odowa lover! My clay arrived this morning....im doing the moonwalk dance. Now that the roasted clay came through in one piece will try and use the same method to get some red (kisumu) odowa shipped with a few things like royco, pilau spice, tea masala and binzari.
clay junkie

UK

#6483 Aug 21, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text> Mmmh, would def want to try that red odowa, is this another clay you can source Mavu..?

Well havent seen it on her website but this is not roasted its mined straight and consumed...others prefer to boil it with salt (dont like these) but tastes very earthy like mavu clay if uv ever tried it. You can type in odowa youtube if you want to make your mouth water.

Since: Oct 12

London, UK

#6484 Aug 21, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Odowa lover! My clay arrived this morning....im doing the moonwalk dance. Now that the roasted clay came through in one piece will try and use the same method to get some red (kisumu) odowa shipped with a few things like royco, pilau spice, tea masala and binzari.
Please gawia me a few pieces . Will reciprocate when mine arrives ... My email is lunbeato@yahoo.com.
Clay addict

Saint Albans, UK

#6485 Aug 21, 2013
Hi I am from bangladesh I used to eat roasted clay they were grey square chunks, white in the inside, crunchy melts in your mouth, little gritty. Does anyone know where I can get this clay at all?
clayman

Preston, UK

#6486 Aug 21, 2013
its very tasty
clay junkie

UK

#6487 Aug 21, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Please gawia me a few pieces . Will reciprocate when mine arrives ... My email is lunbeato@yahoo.com.
Oh pole dear you were already beaten to it but saved yoir email for next batch x
SA consumer

Johannesburg, South Africa

#6488 Aug 22, 2013
every time i buy clay i dnt fnd it nyc,,,i only like d taste after trying it for several tyms...i thnk m losing d taste for it...i managed to get a clay chunk from d street around roodepoort today....its not what i want but i had to get smthng jst to ease d cravings.....i wndr if il eva quit completely....il eat it later....cnt wait
Keabetswe

Ashburn, VA

#6489 Aug 22, 2013
I eat clay all the time i dnt wnt a day to pass without eating da clay i crave it lyk chocolate i need help or advice
Keabetswe

Ashburn, VA

#6490 Aug 22, 2013
I eat clay all the time i dnt a day jst to pass without having some i sometimes crave it chocolate i need help or advice
SA ex eater

Ashburn, VA

#6491 Aug 22, 2013
Keabetswe wrote:
I eat clay all the time i dnt a day jst to pass without having some i sometimes crave it chocolate i need help or advice
whr are you from and what kind of clay do u eat?
Ant soil

South Africa

#6492 Aug 23, 2013
I'm addictd 2 ant hill soil it jst tastes so I've been tryin 2 quit bt I jst cnt! People is it healthy to eat ant hill soil
Mel

South Africa

#6493 Aug 23, 2013
Hi Ant Soil,

Where are u from? There has been ppl talking about Ant hill Soil, can u tell me what exactly is it and hw does it taste?

Thanks

Since: Oct 12

Ilford, UK

#6494 Aug 23, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh pole dear you were already beaten to it but saved yoir email for next batch x
Thanks clay junkie . I hope you remember me next time .
Clay lay

Belfast, UK

#6495 Aug 24, 2013
I am seriously loving my current batch from mavu. I got the red soil and it's super earthy I literally have it everyday as my dessert lol
erica

Europe

#6496 Aug 24, 2013
where can i see multanimitti clay to buy in nigeria
clay junkie

UK

#6497 Aug 25, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks clay junkie . I hope you remember me next time .

Will do dear...you are first on the list x
porshyia

Accra, Ghana

#6498 Aug 25, 2013
i dönt know why ,i have this ströng eage for white clay.even earli in the mornings.i just cant stop.but i want 2 have children in future

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forghedaboudit joins Silver restaurant row 1 hr ForgotAboutIt 5
R.I.P., Zesto's Drive-In on Ponce de Leon Avenue 2 hr des 1
A local's guide to the best eating and drinking... 3 hr piadasion 1
This Is What It's Like To Be An Unarmed Black M... 3 hr pedlar 9
Papa's favorite poison 17 hr LindseyP 5
Multicooker reccomendations? 21 hr Lizzza 1
What's your favorite dessert? 21 hr Lizzza 49
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••