Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,280
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Nzu loveeeee

Arlington, TX

#6456 Aug 16, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally received my Nakumatt clay order from Mavu today. It taste like the roasted/smoke ayilo. The clay is much harder to bite into its gritty and very crunchy. Im not a fan but Let me know if you would like to try it. I still have your email address & will follow-up with you.
may I try some too? My email is ody_ejim@yahoo.com
Nzu girl

Northampton, UK

#6457 Aug 16, 2013
Hey does anyone know if there are any nzu dealers in the UK as most of the clay i could get my hands on have been taken off the shelves?
clay junkie

UK

#6458 Aug 17, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you clayaholic. It doesn't make any sense . It's even more costly that 1st class delivery . Anyway my clay never arrived to begin with so I give up. Hoping a friend will bring me some when return from holiday in kenya .
Do you have someone who can send it to you directly from kenya. My brother bought me a couple from naivas supermarket and sent them via posta registered mail. They were posted on the 13th n says I should expect them anytime next week. If this is the case then its cheaper for us to order straight from home since 1kg of roasted clay plus freight is 1k.
clay junkie

UK

#6459 Aug 17, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you clayaholic. It doesn't make any sense . It's even more costly that 1st class delivery . Anyway my clay never arrived to begin with so I give up. Hoping a friend will bring me some when return from holiday in kenya .
Sorry for those who dont understand 1k is less than 1
clay junkie

UK

#6460 Aug 17, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for those who dont understand 1k is less than 10 (sorry for typo)
Alabama Read

Bessemer, AL

#6461 Aug 17, 2013
Nzu loveeeee wrote:
<quoted text> may I try some too? My email is ody_ejim@yahoo.com
Sorry the sample was not large enough to share. If I come into more clay I will let you know.
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6462 Aug 17, 2013
Clayer 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
i hope you manage to stop because the clay from JHB is not good if you just eat it straight without cleaning it and cooking it-till it roasts. when i used to eat it i would find lots of funny things that i would seive out using a spoon, ibelieve me once you melt it in water you will see what i'm talking about (Enough water to melt it,not too much). i used to clean it and cook it till it roasted to kill whatever would be in it. I thank God my cravings are gone. i feel so free now.i kind of understand why people get shocked when we tell them we eat clay-it feels funny once you stop. to think you used to go all out. now i have faith that anyone can stop because i used to be a crazy addict. i would think about clay 24/7.
Hey thanks for sharing. I did bake it and threw out most of it because it had certain things like dark mark though the melting I didnt think of. Nonetheless im done for now with clay.
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6463 Aug 17, 2013
Nzu loveeeee wrote:
<quoted text> do you have any nzu or any clay cause I really want to try a sample of some
Hi at present no I dont have any clay sorry.
Nzu girl

Northampton, UK

#6464 Aug 18, 2013
Amina wrote:
I finally have the dry clay I've been looking for, couldn't be happier :D
Where did you find it ?
Nzu girl

Northampton, UK

#6465 Aug 18, 2013
Does anyone know what kind of clay Sikor is ?
SA consumer

Ashburn, VA

#6466 Aug 18, 2013
Earthy lady and Clayer 2....where in johannesburg do u buy ur clay?i hav came across d clay which had d blck thngs in it....but most clays iv purchased ddnt hav...so i gues it depends on whr u get it.....i hvnt been buying clay 4 some time now but i crave it lyk crazy...i wsh i had a frnd wu ate so i cud get a chance 2 bite nw n dn..coz i dnt see myself buying it again....obvious whn u buy u get more n i tend to eat mch.....nt dat i eat @ once but i cnt get it off my mnd so i get 2 hav a bite nw n dn.....i wndr if d cravings wil eva go away....m sooooooo craving i smtyms wsh i cud jst grab a handful of top soil n chew dn spit it out...y is it lyk ds?i wndr y i started eating it....but m glad m nt dat mch addicted coz i cn go 4 mnths ignoring d crave.....jst wana hav a bite nw n dn,m sure dat us nt dat harful....is it?
Udz

Warwick, UK

#6469 Aug 19, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for those who dont understand 1k is less than 1
I bought my clay from mavu and it arrived the other day, I must say i devoured it so quickly, was well worth it. her delivery costs were just too high though because in Kenya with just 1 you can get about 3 packets, and I only bought a pack from mavu and it cost me 17!! But its just because my craving was really bad tht I was willing to spend so much on clay when I know in Kenya its so cheap. Every time i travel back to kenya i usually buy about 20 packets!!
Udz

Warwick, UK

#6470 Aug 19, 2013
I found with the Nakumatt clay, having eaten it for a long time, some packets are usually hit or miss, some are just too gritty while others are just too sticky, i'm not sure though if there people who actually like these types. My favourite ones are the smooth with a real earthy taste that just seem to melt into your mouth. I love biting into them and love the crunchy taste of just chewing them. Its funny how when I lived in Kenya they were pretty much available everywhere and almost all supermarkets sell them but its so hard to get them abroad! Travelling back to Kenya in a few weeks, Nakumatt will definitely be my first stop b4 i get to the house!
Chian

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6471 Aug 19, 2013
I'm just going to say it. I think all of you are being scammed by Mavu seller. That said this is a vid about eating clay.

http://vimeo.com/70843319
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#6473 Aug 19, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
I finally received my Nakumatt clay order from Mavu today. It taste like the roasted/smoke ayilo. The clay is much harder to bite into its gritty and very crunchy. Im not a fan but Let me know if you would like to try it. I still have your email address & will follow-up with you.
@ Alabama Red thanks again the Nakumatt Clay it arrived today .I'm in the same boat with you NOT A FAN EITHER. However I did enjoy the crunchy,roasted taste but It tasted like the calabar/chalk just smoke and roasted.
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#6474 Aug 19, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> @ Alabama Red thanks again the Nakumatt Clay it arrived today .I'm in the same boat with you NOT A FAN EITHER. However I did enjoy the crunchy,roasted taste but It tasted like the calabar/chalk just smoke and roasted.
I'm glad you were able to try it. I will go back on my fast of no clay or dirt until maybe the next time there's something new to try.
Udz

Warwick, UK

#6475 Aug 19, 2013
Chian wrote:
I'm just going to say it. I think all of you are being scammed by Mavu seller. That said this is a vid about eating clay.
http://vimeo.com/70843319
This video makes me want to stop eating clay completely but I'm so addicted. The video mostly talks about pregnant women, does anyone know any health problems that may arise to women who eat clay and are not pregnant? Wondering if there any health problems caused by eating clay, if any of you have been eating clay for a while and know of any health problems kindly do share.
Faatimah

Ashburn, VA

#6476 Aug 20, 2013
I lyk to scratch sand from the wall and eat it,will i become infertile for eating it?
clay junkie

UK

#6477 Aug 20, 2013
Not trying to deface mavu, she runs a business and she has to consider the costs she incurs to get us the clay abroad and shes our best bid if u need it urgently esp. In the uk. My comment was for those who had the ability to source it directly from home.

That being said hope you all enjoying your nakumatt clay.. cant wait to get my hands on fresh red odowa from kenya..

Since: Oct 12

Leigh, UK

#6478 Aug 20, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
Not trying to deface mavu, she runs a business and she has to consider the costs she incurs to get us the clay abroad and shes our best bid if u need it urgently esp. In the uk. My comment was for those who had the ability to source it directly from home.
That being said hope you all enjoying your nakumatt clay.. cant wait to get my hands on fresh red odowa from kenya..
Clay junkie am so jealous . How will you get the fresh red odowa?? Am waiting for a friend to bring me some nakumatt clay and the gray odowa from the market .. My cravings this time are so high ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Products from Azerbaijan receive 'registration'... 5 hr Abide-i Hurriyet 9
Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) 5 hr Eldorado 7
Lindenhurst Chiropractor Launches Nutrition Web... 7 hr Chiropractor from... 2
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 8 hr Here Is One 208
French Vegetable Farmers Wreak Havoc on Town, B... 11 hr AppHappy 1
French Farmers Upset Over Falling Prices, Torch... 11 hr AppHappy 1
All's Fair In Love And (The Rubber Used To Make... 11 hr AppHappy 1
•••

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE