Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,752
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6353 Jul 21, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I see someone has already mentioned Soul Sista. I haven't ordered from her yet, but sure intend to when I'm out there soon. Can't wait to have some more of Mavu's original, that I love, as well as try her new ones. So Mavu if you read this please, please have plenty of stock in - I want to place a big order, but don't want to feel greedy lol.
Chalk Lover if you're reading this are you able to help by selling any of your stash? If so, can you remind us of what you have? Thanks
@ ALL THINGS CLAY I MENTION SOUL SISTA BUT I'M HAVING SOME DOUBT NOW BECAUSE I HAVEN'T RECEIVED THE SAMPLE CLAY AND ITS BEEN OVER 4 WEEKS ..SHE NOT RESPONDING TO E-MAILS I SURE HOPE SHE OKAY. IT KINDA OUT OF THE NORM FOR HER. TRYING TO BE PATIENTS BUT STILL WAITING .
clayer

UK

#6354 Jul 22, 2013
Yaaay!! Finally mavu! Thank you so much for making nakumatt available. That's why I think you're the best seller on here! You always manage to get us the clays we want no matter how long it takes and u have the most legit business. I have a question though. In terms of the nakumatt clay how limited are we talking??:)
zaheera

Ashfield, UK

#6355 Jul 22, 2013
Did anyone order nakumatt...from mavu it was suppose to be from today but I cant find anything on website
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6356 Jul 22, 2013
My white dirt came today and I must say there are some really BIG CHUNKS I will have to break them into smaller pieces with an hammer .
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6357 Jul 22, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Did anyone order nakumatt...from mavu it was suppose to be from today but I cant find anything on website
Yeah all of her stuff still says coming soon . Maybe she meant later on today . You know with the time differences .
Kay

Oklahoma City, OK

#6358 Jul 22, 2013
Does Soul Sista have a website? Where do you guys order your dirt from? Can anybody help me out with suggestions
zaheera

Ashfield, UK

#6359 Jul 22, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah all of her stuff still says coming soon . Maybe she meant later on today . You know with the time differences .
she is in uk I guess....me too....and yum yum for your big chunks enjoy your clay....waiting for the nakumatt sale ti start soon.....cant wait to try that.....

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#6360 Jul 22, 2013
Hi Ladies!

The two clays that I have in stock (Nakumatt & Tanzania Red Soil Cake) will be on sale tomorrow, Tuesday 23rd July, at 21:00pm UK time!

This is so that everyone has a fair chance of being informed about it.

Yes the Nakumatt clay is very limited that I have been forced to half the bags so that more of you ladies could try it! This is due to the high volume demand and emails I've been receiving in regards to the Nakumatt clay. So please don't hesitate to order otherwise you will miss out!

I can't wait for you all to try it!

Enjoy!

Location hidden

#6361 Jul 22, 2013
Kay wrote:
Does Soul Sista have a website? Where do you guys order your dirt from? Can anybody help me out with suggestions
@ Kay No Soul Sista doesn't have a website yet. What kind of clay do you like eating?
Kay

Oklahoma City, OK

#6362 Jul 23, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> @ Kay No Soul Sista doesn't have a website yet. What kind of clay do you like eating?
I have been ordering the goodole white georgia clay. But I want to order some of the red clay

Location hidden

#6363 Jul 23, 2013
Kay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been ordering the goodole white georgia clay. But I want to order some of the red clay
@ Kay Only suppliers on her that I know of that sells Red Clay is Leslie @Georgiawhitedirt.com and Mavu sells Red Soil Cake (don't know if that the same as clay) however Mavu is currently out of stock(Hope this help).
Kay

Oklahoma City, OK

#6364 Jul 23, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@ Kay Only suppliers on her that I know of that sells Red Clay is Leslie @Georgiawhitedirt.com and Mavu sells Red Soil Cake (don't know if that the same as clay) however Mavu is currently out of stock(Hope this help).
Does Leslie have a website?
zaheera

Ashfield, UK

#6366 Jul 23, 2013
Did anyone order the nakumatt clay....I was just so excited waiting for the clock to struck 9 but unfortunately the postage charges are much so didn't.....
EbOnyx

New York, NY

#6367 Jul 23, 2013
I ordered 2 bags of Nakumatt and 6 of the red soil cake and my total was over $90.$30 dollars of that was for shipping. In addition, Paypal charged me around $15 for currency conversion. I think from now on I will have to stick with buying American. How much does the other lady from the UK charge?
Yeshi Gemaneh

Oakland, CA

#6368 Jul 23, 2013
I respect your opinion, and your practicing teaching or dealing with Geography - and still not convinced clay or mud to substitute regular food.

It is true in olden time they used to use clay or mud as mask. I am not sure if they still use it.
Yeshi Gemaneh

Oakland, CA

#6369 Jul 23, 2013
I don't see any of my previous comments and argument regarding clay or mud not to be used as food.
zaheera

Ashfield, UK

#6370 Jul 24, 2013
EbOnyx wrote:
I ordered 2 bags of Nakumatt and 6 of the red soil cake and my total was over $90.$30 dollars of that was for shipping. In addition, Paypal charged me around $15 for currency conversion. I think from now on I will have to stick with buying American. How much does the other lady from the UK charge?
great you stocked up well....enjoy...it went way bit expensive I guess....here in the other suppliers charge 2.50 or 3 .....the charges are equal to the cost of clay now for mavu....not complaining...but previously she charged low....
Clayer 2

Johannesburg, South Africa

#6372 Jul 24, 2013
hi everyone, i think my time to stop has arrived. full month with no desire or crave for clay. i dont want it at all. i roasted some yesterday but it tasted terrible. the sad part is i just got a huge supply from Zim and looks like it would have tested good, i tried the white one but no.i'm glad that it has finally happened. all the best to all of you.

Germany

#6373 Jul 24, 2013
Omg. That much for clay. I can't even imaging. I guess I have to wait till I get from the afroshop. I love clay and my cravings are high but I guess I its too hell of money for less 1 and half kilo clay. But all the same it's an addiction and one will go any lengh. Happy munching.
EbOnyx wrote:
shirlet

UK

#6374 Jul 24, 2013
Ordered me 8 bags!! Sorry ladies but its just that good! Can't wait :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 1 hr cooldude 5
News Hits: Schuette OKs school taxes for new Re... 3 hr Art Lafler 2
Food Dehydrator (Oct '10) 23 hr Pavlos Lombardi 2
Japanese Cherry Blossoms Tue SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 2
McD's burger on chopping block Tue Intelligent Stand... 1
Woman Cooking Sees Deer Run in Her Bathroom Tue Adrian Godsafe MSc 18
Culver's 'Butter Burgers' come to Tampa; shops ... Tue Not For Long 2