Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,817
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

Since: Mar 13

Germany

#6383 Jul 25, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the afroshop?
In Munich Germany.
Siya

Ashburn, VA

#6384 Jul 25, 2013
Mujhe 5 6 saalo se multani mitti ( fulles earth) khane ki aadat ho gyi h. Mene baht try kiya k meri ye habbit khatam ho jae bt nahi kr pai. Iski wajah se mujhe. Jondish, thyphoid b ho chuka h, n meri age 26yr. N bt mai 32 33 ki lgti hu. Face pr kuch b lga lu kbi glow nai aata, hamesha thakan rehti h, hadiyo mei pain rehta h. Mai kya kru.plz help me out.
zaheera

Ashfield, UK

#6385 Jul 25, 2013
We have four afroshop in Glasgow in my area but none of them stock clay..some say it will come but never arrived ...phew
Meh

Ashburn, VA

#6386 Jul 25, 2013
Siya wrote:
Mujhe 5 6 saalo se multani mitti ( fulles earth) khane ki aadat ho gyi h. Mene baht try kiya k meri ye habbit khatam ho jae bt nahi kr pai. Iski wajah se mujhe. Jondish, thyphoid b ho chuka h, n meri age 26yr. N bt mai 32 33 ki lgti hu. Face pr kuch b lga lu kbi glow nai aata, hamesha thakan rehti h, hadiyo mei pain rehta h. Mai kya kru.plz help me out.
hello siya, you are not alone! Many of us in this forum have been facing this problem! We have been stucked inbetween the urge to stop and the taste/habbit. I agree fullers earth is very addictive but i dont think there is any connection between typhoid and fuller's! Regarding the advice to stop it as what you wrote you may include iron tablets or more green vegetables in your diet and drinking atleast 2 ltr of water acc to your age on your daily basis! I believe the more you have the more you crave so simply control and don't buy!:) i knw writing this is easy rather doing it :D but still all the best!and for your face prob. you cn apply multani mitti along with aloevera and lemonjuice on face that works naturaly and dosnt harm like other creams do
zaheera

Ashfield, UK

#6387 Jul 26, 2013
Anyone . Sharing their nakumatt reviews.....
Did anyone got hold of soulsista ....no reply from her....
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#6388 Jul 26, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Anyone . Sharing their nakumatt reviews.....
Did anyone got hold of soulsista ....no reply from her....

Lol I'm waiting for the reviews too . The nakumatt clay sold out so fast .

Location hidden

#6389 Jul 26, 2013
@Zaheera Nope! Don't know if she is still supplying the crave clay forum customers or not . She still silent .
Chian

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6390 Jul 27, 2013
Hi ladies,

I've been coming here off an on for a few weeks. And I have been struggling to kick my clay addiction for 3 years. I used to eat calabasclay or the white gritty clay, but it studies have shown that it contained to much lead so I switched to luvos healing clay. To be hones I feel like a dirt junky. If I do not eat it I think about it all day.
Chian

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#6391 Jul 27, 2013
Mary clay eater wrote:
Just finish the last 2 chunks of the 500g clay I bought yesterday. My teeth have become so sensitive due to eating alot withing a short time. I feel so guilty of my selfish act because I'm breastfeeding and can harm my baby if lead content is high. Just like all sin once you are committing the act it gives you pleasure but afterwards you feel guilty. My 7 year old has speech problem and I read that lead can cause brain damage in newborns and kids and also developmental problems. I hope to stop this behavior
Why don't you give the baby formula if you think you are harming your child?
shirlet

UK

#6392 Jul 27, 2013
I got my nakumatt clay!! It was sooo worth the wait! Crunchy and yummy I'm gonna enjoy every bag!
shirlet

UK

#6393 Jul 27, 2013
I know I was greedy but no way was I gonna miss out! Plus I didn't want to wait till the next time as no one else has the connections like mavu. Im a happy bunny lool
Alabama Red

United States

#6394 Jul 27, 2013
Yes I'm waiting for my order from Mavu. It's been close to three months since I last tasted any type of clay. I just wanted to try the Nakumatt to see how it taste. I hope its as good as Shirlet says, it should arrive late next week.
Total clay

Bronx, NY

#6395 Jul 27, 2013
As for me I am done with clay. I won't be eating clay again at least for the next two months. I want to control my silly cravings. Clay is doing me more harm than good. The only thing I get from clay is I can use it to control my diarrhea which I hardly get. Besides that reading from this forum each day helps me as well.
Miley

London, UK

#6396 Jul 27, 2013
I have finally controlled my cravings.. Feels great.. You all should try iron supplements . I had womens horlicks which had iron... Must try for those who want to stop their cravingss..
Phelisa

UK

#6397 Jul 28, 2013
I hav a habit of eating soil, when I did its lyk its after a summer rain that smell of water through soil makes m crave it more. If I get soil I rather take raw sugar. But am worried abt my health. Tel m the risk of eating soil & raw sugar.
Rachel

Leeds, UK

#6398 Jul 28, 2013
Meh wrote:
<quoted text> hello siya, you are not alone! Many of us in this forum have been facing this problem! We have been stucked inbetween the urge to stop and the taste/habbit. I agree fullers earth is very addictive but i dont think there is any connection between typhoid and fuller's! Regarding the advice to stop it as what you wrote you may include iron tablets or more green vegetables in your diet and drinking atleast 2 ltr of water acc to your age on your daily basis! I believe the more you have the more you crave so simply control and don't buy!:) i knw writing this is easy rather doing it :D but still all the best!and for your face prob. you cn apply multani mitti along with aloevera and lemonjuice on face that works naturaly and dosnt harm like other creams do
Try mavuseller she has 6 types of clay
zaheera

Ashfield, UK

#6399 Jul 29, 2013
Does anyone know clay supplier in uk rather tgen soulsista n mavu..please let me know
clay4life

UK

#6400 Jul 29, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Does anyone know clay supplier in uk rather tgen soulsista n mavu..please let me know
Ooo don't think u are goin to have any luck with that. Only because Soulsista and Mavu are the only legit and reputable UK clay sellers on here and I think we can agree that if there was any other suppliers they would have been mentioned by now. Mayb try the afroshops around your area. Good luck

Location hidden

#6401 Jul 29, 2013
They have information of different sellers on Facebook why we crave clay forum.
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6402 Jul 29, 2013
Hello everybody

The next three weeks are going to be insanely stressful for me. I am going to break my no clay eatin rule for a bit, plus it was my birthday and I think Id like two kinds of different clays so when I get the time I hope this week, I will get the mavu and the block clay. Both are very smooth and earthy. Though the mavu is thicker here and the block clay has a more thinner feel to it as it doesnt stick together too much.

Plus everyones updates on their nakumatt has me salivating lol. Ladies please share more clay stories, like Alexx hows your clay? Plus share more chalk and cornstarch stories pleeease. I find everyones pica stories fascinating.

I find that raw carrots help with my clay cravings sometimes, along with other raw veggies.

Is it true that with cornstarch one tends to often pick up weight? Ive been procrastinating and watching so many of those youtube videos on corn starch, the chunks look so good. How does cornstarch taste? Lol I already know Argo is a lot of peoples favourite.

I hope everyone has been fine both pica-wise and otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
South of Chicago heads north of Indianapolis (Mar '14) 15 min Former Chicagoan 2
New Restuarant Coming to Downtown Paris 10 hr precious 1
Hogan promises 'seat at the table' 14 hr Zombie Corpse Rental 1
Five simple steps to reduce type-2 diabetes 21 hr Nobody 2 Special 2
BJ's Cafe: The biscuits are calling you (Mar '11) Sun Jimmys Girl 36
Food-cost crisis shames Far North: 'We can't pr... Sun Yuh Mean 2
Wally's Frozen Custard in St. Clair Shores (Feb '14) Sun Podi 199
More from around the web