Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,793
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
clay4life

UK

#6289 Jul 10, 2013
le petite wrote:
i eat and crave clay everyday but only when i see it :( i have been trying to stop for the past year buti cant. i stop for a few days but not without trying to fight the craving, i eventually give into the crave and eat.
anyone know how i can stop? FOR GOOD!!!
Out of sight out of mind!! U said u crave it only when u see it so make sure its not in view. Don't buy it! If u don't have it in the house u wo t eat it. A craving only lasts 20minutes so find something else to do in that time.
clay4life

UK

#6290 Jul 10, 2013
carey wrote:
Hello everyone. For all those that have eat mavu clays can u tell me which one is the nicest?? Thanks.
Hi Carey I've tried them all but my favorite has to be the red soil cake. It's earthy and compact meaning I get to keep track of how much I'm eating too. Yummy!
deept

UK

#6291 Jul 10, 2013
Hey guys...today I ate sumthng wierd...boiled egg's shell...since dey were boild I found dem safe to eat...aftr removng d inner membrane...woooooow...sooo crunchy...dat sound when u chew it...damn tasty...n I thnk its beSt source of calcium....I loved it...
clay4life

UK

#6292 Jul 10, 2013
deept wrote:
Hey guys...today I ate sumthng wierd...boiled egg's shell...since dey were boild I found dem safe to eat...aftr removng d inner membrane...woooooow...sooo crunchy...dat sound when u chew it...damn tasty...n I thnk its beSt source of calcium....I loved it...
That has to be the most nastiest things I've ever read on this forum!! Sorry I know it sounds harsh but aren't u afraid of salmonella and I'm sure there less riskier sources of calcium. I don't want to judge but make sure you've done your research!
ayelor

United States

#6293 Jul 10, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@ Ayilo are you referring to Ayilo,Shire? If so love4clay2@yahoo.com $10.00 a bag 25 pieces.She now has the original and the smoked flavor.She in the U.S. so shipping is fast.

Tnx Mary. I now av my shire @ hand ;)
clay4life

London, UK

#6294 Jul 11, 2013
If u want the Kenyan nakumatt clay I have a friend that's selling it.
Info

UK

#6295 Jul 11, 2013
clay4life wrote:
Their details for buying are...
deept

UK

#6296 Jul 11, 2013
clay4life wrote:
<quoted text>
That has to be the most nastiest things I've ever read on this forum!! Sorry I know it sounds harsh but aren't u afraid of salmonella and I'm sure there less riskier sources of calcium. I don't want to judge but make sure you've done your research!
Actualy m not coz dey were boild for abt half hour at more dan 100 degree cel...so hardly dere r any chances of sum bacteria or nythn
Clay Yay

Delhi, India

#6297 Jul 11, 2013
Jeeez....Tht is disgusting !!!
clay4life

London, UK

#6298 Jul 11, 2013
Oh the nakumatt clay is soo crunchy. Love it!!!
Craving

United States

#6299 Jul 11, 2013
shina wrote:
omg...!
i had to write "@bhaw"
but by mistake i wrote "@shina"....lol.!!
I am living in USA where do we get khadi (white dirt)in USA
royal

Hyderabad, India

#6300 Jul 11, 2013
Craving wrote:
<quoted text>
I am living in USA where do we get khadi (white dirt)in USA
@craving khadi is found only in India(Hyderabad(ol city))
. in USA there is a clay called Georgia white dirt. try it and tell me becoz i am fan of Khadi

Since: Oct 12

Bristol, UK

#6301 Jul 11, 2013
clay4life wrote:
Oh the nakumatt clay is soo crunchy. Love it!!!
Where Sid you get it?? Please share
Mary Tyler

United States

#6302 Jul 11, 2013
ayelor wrote:
<quoted text>
Tnx Mary. I now av my shire @ hand ;)
@Ayilo your very welcome ! How did you like it ? I'm waiting on mines to arrive any day now ..
Mary Tyler

United States

#6303 Jul 11, 2013
clay4life wrote:
@ Clay4life Please share the details on how we can order the Kenyan Nakumatt clay . We would love to try some ..Thanks
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6304 Jul 11, 2013
deept wrote:
I have never thought of doing this, but I have now read that there are people who do this for - calcium and people like us with cravings.

Most people would think that all the things we eat/chew are disgusting, and I don't see where egg shells are any worse (as long as they're sterilized). They seem so sharp though!

I'll have to take a little bite next time I boil eggs.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#6305 Jul 12, 2013
OK..

no dis is smthng weird and crazy I did just now..

I've put few pieces of Red clay from Leslie (Georgiawhitedirt)& White one from Wanda (Goodoledirt), 2-3 soft n hard clay pot pieces, 2 small pieces of slate pencil .. n got a powdered mixture of them. Firstly, thot to make a paste and make a chunk out of it but.. found da powder much interesting to munch on!! ;)Its gritty cuz of clay pot pieces n lil creamy due to white dirt!

munching on now n then.. ;)lol

Eating the chunks feels lyk they can b finished ny moment but munching on the powder fr every few secnds feels lyk I can taste all my fav things in one single munch for a longtym cuz da powder can last long.. ;):D.. rly goin clay crazy!!

Jus thot to share it wid all the crazy Clay loving ladies out here !!
meh

Delhi, India

#6306 Jul 12, 2013
munni wrote:
OK..
no dis is smthng weird and crazy I did just now..
I've put few pieces of Red clay from Leslie (Georgiawhitedirt)& White one from Wanda (Goodoledirt), 2-3 soft n hard clay pot pieces, 2 small pieces of slate pencil .. n got a powdered mixture of them. Firstly, thot to make a paste and make a chunk out of it but.. found da powder much interesting to munch on!! ;)Its gritty cuz of clay pot pieces n lil creamy due to white dirt!
munching on now n then.. ;)lol
Eating the chunks feels lyk they can b finished ny moment but munching on the powder fr every few secnds feels lyk I can taste all my fav things in one single munch for a longtym cuz da powder can last long.. ;):D.. rly goin clay crazy!!
Jus thot to share it wid all the crazy Clay loving ladies out here !!
woww, how did you manage to get it and what was the outcome(total money) for buying it online, am glad you got red clay which you were wishing for!!:)
munni

Hyderabad, India

#6307 Jul 12, 2013
meh wrote:
<quoted text> woww, how did you manage to get it and what was the outcome(total money) for buying it online, am glad you got red clay which you were wishing for!!:)
Hii Meh

Thanks u so much!!

Actually Disha from da forum helped me personally by sending samples of those white n red dirt, slate pencils r available everywer near my place n as i alrdy have some of them , I've tried few small pieces. clay pot pieces(matki)- I got from da broken matki in my garden (It really smells wowwww.. earthy taste, as if fresh rain on da mud!!) Tat's all!! Also thot to add few pieces of chalk to this mixture but this alone has turned out to b a nice relaxed munching powder!! hahah!!

Have u ever tried such thing so far ?? Isn't it really CRAZY??
dirtnclay

UK

#6309 Jul 12, 2013
@Clay4life what's the point u telling us your friend is selling the clay u know A LOT of us have been dying to get our hands if you're not going to give us the info??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Puppy Pals Ranch Announces a Special 'Long Term... (May '08) 1 hr Cmparker 9
Farmers fear even greater labor shortage under ... 9 hr Gary 1
Little Caesars cements deal 14 hr yummy 21
Big Daddy's now open in Live Oak (Nov '08) 17 hr fuilcrew 174
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) 22 hr Viewer 7
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) Fri Reddog 6
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... Fri Deano 10
More from around the web