Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,787
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
sarahmichelle750 00

Fontenay-trésigny, France

#6267 Jul 3, 2013
In france we have also big white clay that smell like rain creamy and soft . Take a look at my video.

&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
clayclay

Birmingham, UK

#6268 Jul 3, 2013
sarahmichelle75000 wrote:
In france we have also big white clay that smell like rain creamy and soft . Take a look at my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =kCaleAs_S98XX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
Ooo that looks so good! It looks shaped though. Is it shaped into those balls and oval shapes? Where do you get it from and it is crunchy? How long have u been eating clay?

Since: Jul 13

Fontenay-trésigny, France

#6269 Jul 3, 2013
clayclay wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooo that looks so good! It looks shaped though. Is it shaped into those balls and oval shapes? Where do you get it from and it is crunchy? How long have u been eating clay?
Yes its crunchy when you put it in the mouth its smooth soft creamy .i get it from a market store. I ve been eating clay for 4 years now .. Sorry for my bad english.:)
ackee

Brooklyn, NY

#6270 Jul 3, 2013
sarahmichelle75000 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes its crunchy when you put it in the mouth its smooth soft creamy .i get it from a market store. I ve been eating clay for 4 years now .. Sorry for my bad english.:)
The video is good . You should take it out the bag so we get a better view.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6271 Jul 3, 2013
How can I bake my white dirt ? I tried to do it one time but I don't think I did it right .
deept

UK

#6272 Jul 4, 2013
ankita wrote:
i love slatepencil
I too love eatn multani n slate pencls..I usd buy slate pencls frm a stationry shp near my home....evrytym I usd to buy 5 boxs...aftr a mnth or so d shopkepr askd me u buy dese for wich purpse...n I ws so embarsd...so I didn't go to dat shop n found a new 1...n aftr a mnth evn dat shopkepr also askd me d same qustn....so I have not bought slate pencls since long....I have found a nEw shop...n thnkng to buy frm dere...:p...n multani is also over...so curently...m havng nthn at ol...frm 2 r days...vl buy my stuff soon...;)
Info

Leicester, UK

#6273 Jul 4, 2013
deept wrote:
<quoted text>
I too love eatn multani n slate pencls..I usd buy slate pencls frm a stationry shp near my home....evrytym I usd to buy 5 boxs...aftr a mnth or so d shopkepr askd me u buy dese for wich purpse...n I ws so embarsd...so I didn't go to dat shop n found a new 1...n aftr a mnth evn dat shopkepr also askd me d same qustn....so I have not bought slate pencls since long....I have found a nEw shop...n thnkng to buy frm dere...:p...n multani is also over...so curently...m havng nthn at ol...frm 2 r days...vl buy my stuff soon...;)
Are you in the UK Deept?
Earthy Lady

Johannesburg, South Africa

#6274 Jul 4, 2013
Clayer 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
hi Earthy lady, interesting story. can you please ask the lady if there is anyone in Jorbug who sells the Zim clay. i like the Zim clay it's very earthy.
Hey apart of there being vendors she said she doesnt know anyone in particular becuase as far as i know there are vendors everywhere.
Earthy Lady

#6275 Jul 4, 2013
Mel

Sadly she wont be able to post it to you

sorry
Earthy Lady

#6276 Jul 4, 2013
Purchased clay on Tuesday. Been eating small chunks throughout the day since then. But i think tomorrow ill get rid of it because I really dont want to eat it more than necessary. Trying to eat it for only three to four days at a time then take my few months break. So now ill have my last chunk tomorrow then my next taste in say September or October.

Happy munching everyone. Oh I got the clay in a packet has a very light tint to it its kind of like the Mavu like I said.
Mel

South Africa

#6277 Jul 4, 2013
Hi Earthy Lady,

Eish sad to hear dat, if possible can you buy da different clay and post to me? Wil send u the money for the clay and postage? Thanks
rinkie

London, UK

#6278 Jul 5, 2013
hi ronak i want gujrat grey clay what is the cost with shipping
deept

UK

#6279 Jul 5, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text> Are you in the UK Deept?
M frm india..
Memani Asive

Ashburn, VA

#6280 Jul 5, 2013
I usual ate clay soil more than 8 years nd i can't even stop it. Ow please help
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6281 Jul 5, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi Earthy Lady,
Eish sad to hear dat, if possible can you buy da different clay and post to me? Wil send u the money for the clay and postage? Thanks
Hey Mel

I personally doubt I could post it over to you.
Mel

South Africa

#6282 Jul 6, 2013
Hi Earthy Clay,

Its k, I knw its not easy to post and stuff. Anyways tink I wil go to the markets around Durban and check. The ting is in Durban I only came across the white clay, its earthy, I lyk it but I prefer the beige soil cake from Jhb, cos dat clay is smooth, creamy and also earthy. Where bout in Cape Town do u buy ur clay, from which market, area cos I've been to CT but neva came across clay. Thanks
magessss

Toronto, Canada

#6283 Jul 6, 2013
Hey guys where Can i get khadi in Canada, Toronto Ontario
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6284 Jul 6, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi Earthy Clay,
Its k, I knw its not easy to post and stuff. Anyways tink I wil go to the markets around Durban and check. The ting is in Durban I only came across the white clay, its earthy, I lyk it but I prefer the beige soil cake from Jhb, cos dat clay is smooth, creamy and also earthy. Where bout in Cape Town do u buy ur clay, from which market, area cos I've been to CT but neva came across clay. Thanks
Hey

the clay is sold in cape town cbd just outside the train station by the vendors accross the fountain.
Youll find that the vendors sell a lot of of beautiful artefacts but you ask them for the clay fro. Either zim or jhb.

Hope that you find it in durban.
carey

London, UK

#6285 Jul 7, 2013
Hello everyone. For all those that have eat mavu clays can u tell me which one is the nicest?? Thanks.
le petite

#6288 Jul 10, 2013
i eat and crave clay everyday but only when i see it :( i have been trying to stop for the past year buti cant. i stop for a few days but not without trying to fight the craving, i eventually give into the crave and eat.
anyone know how i can stop? FOR GOOD!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) 7 min Bundy 4 Prez 6
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 25 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 8 hr Neville Thompson 9
What's for dinner? Australia 15 hr J RULES 9
Goose and plum pudding: How German prisoners of... Thu Gabby 1
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling Wed woodtick57 5
Chasing Shadows: Carrabelle crabs and a hydroplane Wed csuzi10 1
More from around the web