Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,477
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
ati

London, UK

#6245 Jun 30, 2013
hii clay lovers
after so long time. no craving no clay happy for that . today is my first month marrag anniversary . hows ur clay love:-)
Mel

South Africa

#6246 Jun 30, 2013
Hi Earth Lady,

My cousin who stays in Jhb used to get her maid to buy me the block clay for R5, so I used to buy a lot one time so I don't run short, nw her maid has moved and so she is not able to get me the clay. In Durban there are places in town that sell it, but I don't go to town, especially the vendors. My maid used to buy me the white clay in Durban but she not around anymore. Please can u find out if its possible to send me different varieties of clay, will pay the price and costs. I really wanna try the red clay also. Do u by any chance come to Durban, if so, can u bring me the clay? Its more hard to hav access to clay as I am indian. Thanks
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6247 Jun 30, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi Earth Lady,
My cousin who stays in Jhb used to get her maid to buy me the block clay for R5, so I used to buy a lot one time so I don't run short, nw her maid has moved and so she is not able to get me the clay. In Durban there are places in town that sell it, but I don't go to town, especially the vendors. My maid used to buy me the white clay in Durban but she not around anymore. Please can u find out if its possible to send me different varieties of clay, will pay the price and costs. I really wanna try the red clay also. Do u by any chance come to Durban, if so, can u bring me the clay? Its more hard to hav access to clay as I am indian. Thanks
Hi Mel

Ok I understand. I will see when I go into town because I can get you at least three different kinds of clay from thr lady that sells it to me. Sadly I dont come to that side often but ill ask if she can perhaps post it to you.

I so wish I could try some white dirt/clay ive never had it before. Ive seen that there is some here in SA plus the georgia white dirt looks so good in all the videos.

Anyway speak soon Mel and Alex I hope you will be ok.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6248 Jun 30, 2013
The U.S. and its private sector partners initially will focus its efforts on six countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria and Tanzania, where Obama will wrap up his trip later this week. Former President George W. Bush, who supports health programs throughout the continent, will also be in Tanzania next week, and the White House did not rule out the possibility that the two men might meet. Just had to post this info since a lot of the clay forum members are from these 6 countries ...Wishing you all the best.
Abazieu

Lawrenceville, GA

#6249 Jun 30, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
The U.S. and its private sector partners initially will focus its efforts on six countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria and Tanzania, where Obama will wrap up his trip later this week. Former President George W. Bush, who supports health programs throughout the continent, will also be in Tanzania next week, and the White House did not rule out the possibility that the two men might meet. Just had to post this info since a lot of the clay forum members are from these 6 countries ...Wishing you all the best.
What will they be discussing? Not clay?
anita

Dubai, UAE

#6250 Jul 1, 2013
i love to eat black gujrat mitti also and slatepencil and multani mittii slao.
ankita

Dubai, UAE

#6251 Jul 1, 2013
i love slatepencil
Indian Chalkie

Chennai, India

#6252 Jul 1, 2013
Hi Anita,

I eat a lot of multani mitti and slate pencil too...have heard about the gray gujrati mitti on the forum but never tasted it as we dont get it in hyderabad...where r u from ? Is it easily available in ur city ?
clay junkie

Southport, UK

#6253 Jul 1, 2013
Kaolin clay chunks wanted in the UK asap....
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#6254 Jul 1, 2013
Made my cornstarch chunks yesterday..... Omg they were so good kinda taste like white dirt once it's in chunk form. I used Argo in the box put box in microwave for two mins and placed in freezer for a couple of hours. When I reopened the box the cornstarch was hard so I broke it up and I could just grab the chunks that had formed. Just like white dirt I popped a piece in my mouth. The crunch the smoothness the way it melted in my mouth was sooooooooooo good. Had a piece before I came to work can't wait til I get home. I must say I really enjoy the chunks!!!!!!
never tried it

Birmingham, AL

#6255 Jul 1, 2013
please send me a sample I would appreciate it. My email is havilahwarren@hotmail.com

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#6256 Jul 1, 2013
For those ladies that have always wanted to buy the Nakumatt Roasted Clay from Kenya. I have amazing news!!(FINALLY!)

It's going to be in stock before the end of July!!

Watch this space!
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6257 Jul 1, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Made my cornstarch chunks yesterday..... Omg they were so good kinda taste like white dirt once it's in chunk form. I used Argo in the box put box in microwave for two mins and placed in freezer for a couple of hours. When I reopened the box the cornstarch was hard so I broke it up and I could just grab the chunks that had frormed. Just like white dirt I popped a piece in my mouth. The crunch the smoothness the way it melted in my mouth was sooooooooooo good. Had a piece before I came to work can't wait til I get home. I must say I really enjoy the chunks!!!!!!
Hey MzLibra
Please describe how white dirt tastes? Is its texture smooth like clay? I heard someone describe it as being chewy. Does it cling to your pallet?
One day, I sure will get my hands on some white dirt. Yummm
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#6258 Jul 1, 2013
Earthy Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey MzLibra
Please describe how white dirt tastes? Is its texture smooth like clay? I heard someone describe it as being chewy. Does it cling to your pallet?
One day, I sure will get my hands on some white dirt. Yummm
For me the white dirt taste dry smooth and very creamy. I bake some and then it's extra dry and chewy yes it sticks to ur pallet. It's described like chocolate melting in your mouth. The smell is like fresh rain
Earthy Lady

South Africa

#6259 Jul 1, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> For me the white dirt taste dry smooth and very creamy. I bake some and then it's extra dry and chewy yes it sticks to ur pallet. It's described like chocolate melting in your mouth. The smell is like fresh rain
Sounds so yumm. Thank you. Happt munching on the chunks you made.
Clayer 2

Johannesburg, South Africa

#6260 Jul 2, 2013
Earthy Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mel
She sells both the Joburg block clay and the clay from Zim. Which would you like? Im not sure when ill be going into town but when I go ill ask her for you ok?
Interesting that there are no vendors that side because its sold in most places for about R5 a block/packet like here.
Where do you usually get your clay? What kind of clay do you usually eat?
hi Earthy lady, interesting story. can you please ask the lady if there is anyone in Jorbug who sells the Zim clay. i like the Zim clay it's very earthy.
clayclay

UK

#6263 Jul 2, 2013
Ooo the roasted clay from Kenya is divine! Crunchy!
PINK

Ashburn, VA

#6264 Jul 3, 2013
this type clay avaliable in ahmedabad
Rinkie wrote:
Multani mitti is soft clay stick in my mouth i want hard nonsticky earthy clay
ronak

Kolkata, India

#6265 Jul 3, 2013
u r right PINK.
its available in ahmedabad .
amdavad ma pan male chhe.
ronak

Kolkata, India

#6266 Jul 3, 2013
RINKIE you should taste the gujrati clay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Palace: Knoxville, Tennessee's Pizza Driv... (Jul '10) 16 hr Vern Schillinger 24
KFC unveils a triple meat Double Down 19 hr Speakeasy 1
Manny's moves into Sterling; Domino's departs D... (Feb '14) Fri kathykingery 3
8 million Ugandan children live in abject pover... Thu kizito 1
Mohawk Valley Memories Thu rustyshackleford 2
An Apple A Day (And Other Fall Flavors) At Leis... Thu American Gentlema... 1
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... Oct 22 Gerald Vonberger 1

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE