Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
5,901 - 5,920 of 7,879 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
random3934

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

You have Pica. Go to your primary care physician and he/she will send you to a hematologist who will give you iron treatments over a period of time. The problem I, you are severely anemic. So was I. after a series of infusions your desire for cornstarch will be gone.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

random3934 wrote:
You have Pica. Go to your primary care physician and he/she will send you to a hematologist who will give you iron treatments over a period of time. The problem I, you are severely anemic. So was I. after a series of infusions your desire for cornstarch will be gone.
You're probably right, I know that I'm very anaemic - although it's hard for me to imagine being totally free of these cravings.

The lady in the (entertaining, but a bit disgusting with the spitting out of chalk lol) video below was a big chalk eater, but she says that she lost her cravings after infusions (she has another video about her iron levels, etc).

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Not feeling great right now, because I am completely out of chalk. Tried some kaolin clay in powder form, but it isn't working for me.
ayelor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

Thnk u so much guys.**

Since: May 13

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

hi @ayelor.. pls let me know if you get some ayilo in philly and where. thanks

Since: May 13

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

ayelor wrote:
Thnk u so much guys.**
@ ayelor.. pls let me know when you get some ayilo from ghana in philadelphia and where. thanks
Dusty

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

ayelor wrote:
@ayilo baeb am in Virginia o. Bt ws given an email add to order some @25 pieces for $10. Am yet to find out cos I ws usin my fon bt cudnt access it. Love4clay2@yahoo.com
Are you illiterate? It's more hard work for us trying to read and make sense of your horrible shrunk up text.

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Hi Ladies!

I'm doing a Topix exclusive for the last bag of white clay for 3.00!

Whoever sends me an email first gets the last of this yummy clay and I will post ASAP after payment!

Good luck!

Email: mavuseller@hotmail.co.uk
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Dusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you illiterate? It's more hard work for us trying to read and make sense of your horrible shrunk up text.
Fine if you have a problem with the text, but is this type comment really necessary?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Have a look at this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23481...

It's a shame about the houses, but I love the pictures of the cliff itself. I've googled it and it's red sandstone.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

@ALL THINGS CLAY This is a beautiful spectacular looking house.Yeah it is very sad it will be in red delicious sandstone...Oh Well
riya

Hayes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

in uk hounslow west where to buy multani mitti chunks
ayelor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

God bless you dusty
Dusty

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine if you have a problem with the text, but is this type comment really necessary?
All things phony, do me a favor and put some dirt in it.
cynthia

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

I hav ben eatn clay since 2006 bt am worrie cos some pple says it can cause infertility..pls friends it is true...am frm nigeria nd 1 we hav here is soo swit nd I can't stop craving 4 it bt since I heard of infertility I tried nd stp bt I wanna contine plss
Red Dirt Lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

cynthia wrote:
I hav ben eatn clay since 2006 bt am worrie cos some pple says it can cause infertility..pls friends it is true...am frm nigeria nd 1 we hav here is soo swit nd I can't stop craving 4 it bt since I heard of infertility I tried nd stp bt I wanna contine plss
What type of clay are you eating that is sweet?
raina

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

hi..i want mava clay..how to order..i want chunks..i m in uk
riya

Brentford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

hi..i m passionate clay luver...i eat mostly multani mitti chunks..i eat usually 10 big chunks a day..nd i jst put dem in oven...after sumtym it got heated den i eat...den itz non sticky nd becum more delicious nd yummy to eat...i also prefer yellow clay dat iz dark in colour nf non sticky..i eat 5 chunks a day...sumtyms i do along with it red clay chunks dat iz gairoo in punjab..nd also grey colour clay bigger chunks known as golu in punjab found from clay potters...really luv to eat it
ssevvume patrick

Kampala, Uganda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

IAM FROM AFRICA UGANDA KAMPALA IAM ADDICTED IN EATING CLAY COZ IT SMELLS WELL IN MOUTH WHEN IT IS LIQUIDIFIED AND IAM FED UP COZ EVEN I RESORTED TO EAT BRICKS MADE OUT OV CLAY AND ANTHILL SOILS I CAN TAKE 2KILLOS A DAY EVEN IAM FINISHING OUR FENCE DUE TO SMACTHING IT LOOKING FOR DELICIOUS AND SOFT CLAY BUT I WANT TO STOP IT COZ IF U TAKE IT IN LARGE QUANTITIES WITHOUT TAKING WATER IT CAUSE CONSTIPATION PEOPLE GIVE IDEA TO STOP THAT HABBIT
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

The clay has been giving me headaches & been making me dizzy. So I stopped chewing big chunks & just bite off a small piece from it. I also still then have an headache or get a little dizzy it'll just be for a shorter time period. So I'm taking a break from it. I kinda crave clay but not as bad. But I haven't ate none all day. When the cravings get really bad then ill take that risk but it won't get really bad for a couple of weeks. Just wanted to give y'all an update on things since I haven't said nothing since I received the clay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas of Panama (Dec '07) 2 hr Jim Dandy 11
Why is clay so addictive? 3 hr suri clay 2
Defeat insomnia and sleep easy with these top f... (Oct '13) 5 hr MargauxDiaz 4
Not lovin' it in Russia: McDonald's, Wendy's in... 11 hr russian 16
Dining review: At Pho Saigon Bay, discover the ... 15 hr vc bac ky AN meo the tham 6
Opinion: Just say nyet to Russian fish 17 hr Karmarim 6
SNAP recipients can save at farmers' markets 19 hr hmm 47
•••
•••