Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,457
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6179 Jun 20, 2013
My dirt came today!! I'm so excited. Just ate a few chunks and my mouth just waters. I love it!! I miss this texture and the earthy flavor.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#6180 Jun 20, 2013
@Angela How are you? I hope all is well. This anemia seems to be such a struggle for you. You hang in there girl.
Mary Tyler

Addison, TX

#6181 Jun 20, 2013
Hi Forum. I hope everyone is doing well .I do check the Forum once in a while and enjoy reading all the new post. I'm taking iron supplement but still is Anemic .I had blood work last week 10.1 ( blood count) so my craving is slowly coming back . I do still eat smoked Ghana Clay when the craving are high but I have been with out for a good while. I do plan on stopping in the future .@ Alex I'm glad your enjoying your clay Happy munchin
angela

Brooklyn, NY

#6182 Jun 20, 2013
Hi ackeeee. I am doing lot better. Yes this anemia thing nd all d stress frm school nd work nd evrything has messd up body. Since last year I hav been getting severe allergic reactions nd yesterday my doctor calld me nd said that I hav developed allergies to wheat, corn nd sesame seeds. I told her I craved eating clay nd dirt. She is very very nice nd very friendly. She told mme that i m low on iron nd shud take iron pills . Nd cravings will go away once I take care of all d defeciencies. My legs hurt all d tym nd hav been to emergency many times. I want to b healthy again . So I hav startd eating healthy nd taking multi vitamins nd iron again. Hopefully things will get better. I hope u are doing well. Take care . :) keep in touch . M craving white dirt but m nt gnna hav any nd take my iron nd be strong
Chalk lover

Glasgow, UK

#6183 Jun 20, 2013
Hi all - I haven't been on for ages and I was searching for some rubbing alcohol and where to buy it in the UK (found out that in the UK we call it surgical spirit) anyway, I thought, let me try typing 'where can I buy white dirt' and this site came up with my very old comment on eating white chalk and mixing DE with kaolin powder. I just had to click on it. It was lovely reading the old comments (written in 2011!) then I clicked on the last page and saw how some people missed the 'oldies on the forum' and then some of the oldies had made new comments - so I thought I'd make a comment too. Sorry about the long description - if you've read my posts, I mostly always write for ages lol!!
Anyway, I'm doing well - recently married!! And yes, still eating the clay - I really like the white dirt and I currently have both Leslie's and Wanda's clay. I'm not eating as much as I used to - the result of an improved diet - no snacking and only having 2 or 3 meals a day.
I would like to try white dirt from other sellers in the US such as Samsbiz and Mutt and Jeff, so if anyone is willing to post out to the UK please send me an email on disham68@yahoo.co.uk (of course, I'll paid the necessary funds via paypal; as that's an easy payment method).
Hope everyone is well and enjoying their chalk/clay in moderation.
God bless you all
ackee

Baltimore, MD

#6184 Jun 20, 2013
Angela it is good to hear from you. I am doing okay. My craving are not that bad. Once in awhile a take a little bite. I still have some clay from the last time I bought from mutt and Jeff. You stay strong.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6185 Jun 20, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
Hi all - I haven't been on for ages and I was searching for some rubbing alcohol and where to buy it in the UK (found out that in the UK we call it surgical spirit) anyway, I thought, let me try typing 'where can I buy white dirt' and this site came up with my very old comment on eating white chalk and mixing DE with kaolin powder. I just had to click on it. It was lovely reading the old comments (written in 2011!) then I clicked on the last page and saw how some people missed the 'oldies on the forum' and then some of the oldies had made new comments - so I thought I'd make a comment too. Sorry about the long description - if you've read my posts, I mostly always write for ages lol!!
Anyway, I'm doing well - recently married!! And yes, still eating the clay - I really like the white dirt and I currently have both Leslie's and Wanda's clay. I'm not eating as much as I used to - the result of an improved diet - no snacking and only having 2 or 3 meals a day.
I would like to try white dirt from other sellers in the US such as Samsbiz and Mutt and Jeff, so if anyone is willing to post out to the UK please send me an email on disham68@yahoo.co.uk (of course, I'll paid the necessary funds via paypal; as that's an easy payment method).
Hope everyone is well and enjoying their chalk/clay in moderation.
God bless you all
Hi Chalk lover, so nice to hear from you - I always enjoyed your posts. Congratulations on your marriage! I believe you talked about raw foods in the past - have you been including much raw in your improved diet?

If you've read my recent posts you will have seen that my big thing right now is chalk. I was wondering if you had any tips for me on good brands of chalk? I'm planning a trip to the UK this summer and while there thought I'd see what I could pick up.

I see that you've ordered clay from Wanda and Leslie. Can you tell me if it was expensive to ship to the UK?

Thanks!
Chalk lover

Glasgow, UK

#6187 Jun 21, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chalk lover, so nice to hear from you - I always enjoyed your posts. Congratulations on your marriage! I believe you talked about raw foods in the past - have you been including much raw in your improved diet?
If you've read my recent posts you will have seen that my big thing right now is chalk. I was wondering if you had any tips for me on good brands of chalk? I'm planning a trip to the UK this summer and while there thought I'd see what I could pick up.
I see that you've ordered clay from Wanda and Leslie. Can you tell me if it was expensive to ship to the UK?
Thanks!
Hi All things clay, hope your well. I haven't been including as much raw foods as I would like to, I just have a little here and there - but I have been eating a lot of fruit and not having any chocolates/crisps/cakes etc.
Tips for chalk. Well, there isn't much the UK has to offer I'm afraid. We have one chalk manufacturer called stadium http://www.stadiumcrayons.co.uk/chalks/
they produce chalks and crayons. But they sell in bulk to retail and industry. I have a few packs still. We have Crayola the anti-dust type, Stephens chalk and a few other brands but none that I really like. Here is a link to ebay and amazon where you'll see the types of chalks available in the UK
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Childrens-Crafts-/2...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/kids/3...

During my search for chalk, I managed to buy quite a lot of different types (which I still have boxed away). The German chalks are nice, if you like the soft crumbly kind. But to get those, I went onto other ebay sites in different countries in the EU (Germany, France etc). I have loads of these boxed away too. Plus I have the old style crayola and and brand called alpha that is the same hard chalk like crayola.
Depending on where you're visiting in the UK, we can meet up and you can try all of my chalks - I have loads.
Shipping to the UK from the US is expensive and unfortunately in the past, I have been charged an extra UK customs charge to release the goods.
Hope this helps

God bless
zaheera

UK

#6188 Jun 21, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
Hope everyone is well and enjoying their chalk/clay in moderation.wow congrats for your marraige...good to see your post ....enjoy....
God bless you all
wow thats great congratulation on your marraige good to see your post after a long time..great enjoy....keep munching...
zaheera

UK

#6189 Jun 21, 2013
swabbi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,I am still here.:) My mouth is watering reading Alexx's posts about her dirt coming from Wanda. just got done munching on some.
hey nice to hear from you..then presently what stock are you munching on...
zaheera

UK

#6190 Jun 21, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean...I miss the postings of so many people too. I still post, but not as actively as before.
'Oldies', if you're still reading how about posting to let us know how/what you're doing with your cravings?
As I said recently, my big thing right now is chalk sticks. I know that if I had some good clay chunks I would be able to leave the chalk alone but I don't so the chalk will have to do (I can't even find Argo in the box cornstarch right now, another reason I've turned to the chalk). Oh well there are worst things I could be having (and I've had worst), and I don't swallow a lot of it anyway.
I've mostly been having Crayola white chalk but also recently found a brand called Cra-Z-Art which is very similar. I love the crunch and the mild grittiness. Can't wait though until I travel and can shop for some real clay and other supplies.
oh thats nice...I use to have slate pencils before but more enjoying the different varieties of clay....do keep posting its always nice to see everyones posts...
zaheera

UK

#6191 Jun 21, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
Hi Forum. I hope everyone is doing well .I do check the Forum once in a while and enjoy reading all the new post. I'm taking iron supplement but still is Anemic .I had blood work last week 10.1 ( blood count) so my craving is slowly coming back . I do still eat smoked Ghana Clay when the craving are high but I have been with out for a good while. I do plan on stopping in the future .@ Alex I'm glad your enjoying your clay Happy munchin
hey hi there..hope you feeling better now..good that you are in control of your cravings...its still hard for me to do....keep posting we all enjoy here and missed your posts too...happy munching...
zaheera

UK

#6192 Jun 21, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi All things clay, hope your well. I haven't been including as much raw foods as I would like to, I just have a little here and there - but I have been eating a lot of fruit and not having any chocolates/crisps/cakes etc.
Tips for chalk. Well, there isn't much the UK has to offer I'm afraid. We have one chalk manufacturer called stadium http://www.stadiumcrayons.co.uk/chalks/
they produce chalks and crayons. But they sell in bulk to retail and industry. I have a few packs still. We have Crayola the anti-dust type, Stephens chalk and a few other brands but none that I really like. Here is a link to ebay and amazon where you'll see the types of chalks available in the UK
During my search for chalk, I managed to buy quite a lot of different types (which I still have boxed away). The German chalks are nice, if you like the soft crumbly kind. But to get those, I went onto other ebay sites in different countries in the EU (Germany, France etc). I have loads of these boxed away too. Plus I have the old style crayola and and brand called alpha that is the same hard chalk like crayola.
Depending on where you're visiting in the UK, we can meet up and you can try all of my chalks - I have loads.
Shipping to the UK from the US is expensive and unfortunately in the past, I have been charged an extra UK customs charge to release the goods.
Hope this helps
God bless
oh my look at your colle tion of chalks..too good....where are you based in uk
ayelor

United States

#6193 Jun 22, 2013
Hi pls cn sm1 tel me where I cn get an unsalted white clay frm gh plsss. Falls church,VA thnkx

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#6194 Jun 22, 2013
ayelor wrote:
Hi pls cn sm1 tel me where I cn get an unsalted white clay frm gh plsss. Falls church,VA thnkx
@ Ayilo are you referring to Ayilo,Shire? If so love4clay2@yahoo.com $10.00 a bag 25 pieces.She now has the original and the smoked flavor.She in the U.S. so shipping is fast.
fine clay

Jersey City, NJ

#6195 Jun 23, 2013
ayelor wrote:
@ayilo the quickest way to get clay is from the African market closest to u. they sometimes sell good quality clay.I just bought some and tastes so good.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6196 Jun 23, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope this helps
God bless
Thanks for the reply Chalk lover, and thanks for your offer to meet up. I'm going to be visiting friends in the London area and further south. But even if we aren't able to meet I'm so excited to be able to have access to different chalks and clays when I'm there.

My favourite chalks are the hard, crunchy types - so hard that you can barely bite them lol! My husband picked up some packs for me the other day and they were Crayola but much harder than usual - I found out afterwards he had picked them up from a different store at the far end of the island and the packaging was slightly different as well. They were so good I was tempted to go and get some more from - even though that store's really out of my way. I picked up some from my regular store Friday, and was pleased to find that some of the packs were extra crunchy too - I guess they've restocked.

Problem is I'm enjoying chalk too much, now up to regularly chewing two packs of 12 a day and could easily chew a lot more - but at least I don't swallow most of it.

I'm going to get back on my iron and try to stick with it now, because I feel this chalk habit getting out of control.
Indian Chalkie

Mumbai, India

#6197 Jun 23, 2013
All things clay,
I know exactly what you mean...chalk eating can get excessive if you find stock whose texture and taste you love. Clay is fine and crumbly but chalk is a totally different experience. It,s been a couple of months atleast that i've bought some slate pencils. Been enjoying multani mitti chunks. But reading your post has tempted me to go.out and get myself some chalk...lol. Mmmm my mouth waters
Chalk lover

Birmingham, UK

#6198 Jun 23, 2013
zaheera wrote:
<quoted text>oh my look at your colle tion of chalks..too good....where are you based in uk
Hi Zaheera, I'm based in the West Midlands. Email me if you'er interested in my chalk collection at disham68@yahoo.co.uk
God bless
Chalk lover

Birmingham, UK

#6199 Jun 23, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the reply Chalk lover, and thanks for your offer to meet up. I'm going to be visiting friends in the London area and further south. But even if we aren't able to meet I'm so excited to be able to have access to different chalks and clays when I'm there.
My favourite chalks are the hard, crunchy types - so hard that you can barely bite them lol! My husband picked up some packs for me the other day and they were Crayola but much harder than usual - I found out afterwards he had picked them up from a different store at the far end of the island and the packaging was slightly different as well. They were so good I was tempted to go and get some more from - even though that store's really out of my way. I picked up some from my regular store Friday, and was pleased to find that some of the packs were extra crunchy too - I guess they've restocked.
Problem is I'm enjoying chalk too much, now up to regularly chewing two packs of 12 a day and could easily chew a lot more - but at least I don't swallow most of it.
I'm going to get back on my iron and try to stick with it now, because I feel this chalk habit getting out of control.
Hi All Things Clay,not to worry if we don't meet up in the UK. I hope you enjoy your stay and manage to find lots of chalk varieties in different shops. In fact, the chalk manufacture Stadium chalks is actually based in Southampton (not too far from where your going) and they make and sell industrial chalks that are extremely hard - so you might like those. Here is the link (you'll need to scroll down). You may be able to visit and ask for a sample to try, but they only sell in bulk. Plus the south does seem to sell lots of chalk in any shop you walk in along the coast.
God bless
http://www.stadiumcrayons.co.uk/industrial-ch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to get your non-latte pumpkin fix in Atlanta 2 hr Zioe conumdromer 1
How Would You like Manly Scented Candles? (Jun '11) 5 hr Zach 5
Keene Is Not Fergusona "Despite the Police, Fir... 10 hr Sympathizer 3
Panel: Vitamins & Supplements May Not Be Worth ... (Dec '13) 10 hr Glachealth 3
Wilder Ranch State Park to celebrate 40th anniv... 12 hr The Original Buzz 5
Sako's, the Best BLT in the World (Jun '10) 13 hr SHlTWORMMUMINDEBD... 27
Paris sculpture removed after vandals strike Mon Sir Andrew 10

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE