Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,473
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
White Dirt

Leicester, UK

#6157 Jun 16, 2013
Has anyone recently bought white dirt from Leslie, if so, what does her current batch taste like?
LoveForClay

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6158 Jun 16, 2013
Is it the greyish looking clay? If yes, how can I go about ordering it?
ivie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hw cn we contact you to place an order.
What's the name of the clay and hows its texture?(Smooth.gritty, chalky...)
munni

Hyderabad, India

#6159 Jun 17, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi munni, you're being very disciplined - I know how difficult it can be. I first had these type cravings many years ago when pregnant too; they went away, then came back again due to my being anaemic. Have you mentioned your cravings to your doctor?
I suppose you can say that I am now a chalk addict. I would have it now and then before, but recently have to have it and have about a box of 12 a day (although a couple of days ago had two boxes). I sometimes just chew it, but sometimes swallow and could eat a lot more than a box a day but try to limit myself.
I would love to try slate pencils; they look so natural and crunchy. Anyone know whether they are sold in UK? There is a significant Asian population there, so I wondered if they sold them in shops. If so I will look to get a supply when I travel there, along with plenty of clay!
@All Things Clay,
Yes. I did . My doc just smiled and said tat its noticed among pregnant women mostly.. wanting to have some kind of chalk to satisfy their taste buds.. kind of non-food items.. but pllsssss get over those thots n wenever u feel lyk having a chalk or a slate pencil, increase ya calcium intake. Tat mostly solves ya problem n reduces ur crave!! At the end she pulled my leg. She said after ur delivery ur baby wud tease u saying "Mom, I want to grow up n u wanna become lyk me.. pls stop craving these things!!" ;)

N finishing 2 boxes in 2 days!!?? Isn't it risky ?? how do u feel after having the whole box in a very short tym?? Healthwise, do u feel alryt or face ny problem??
Miley

Dehra Dun, India

#6160 Jun 17, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
@All Things Clay,
Yes. I did . My doc just smiled and said tat its noticed among pregnant women mostly.. wanting to have some kind of chalk to satisfy their taste buds.. kind of non-food items.. but pllsssss get over those thots n wenever u feel lyk having a chalk or a slate pencil, increase ya calcium intake. Tat mostly solves ya problem n reduces ur crave!! At the end she pulled my leg. She said after ur delivery ur baby wud tease u saying "Mom, I want to grow up n u wanna become lyk me.. pls stop craving these things!!" ;)
N finishing 2 boxes in 2 days!!?? Isn't it risky ?? how do u feel after having the whole box in a very short tym?? Healthwise, do u feel alryt or face ny problem??
@ munni.. it will be very difficult to stop the craving..!! I am controlling but the cravings are strong.. Hope to stay away forever..:)
well, did u try the red clay ??
Miley

Dehra Dun, India

#6161 Jun 17, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi munni, you're being very disciplined - I know how difficult it can be. I first had these type cravings many years ago when pregnant too; they went away, then came back again due to my being anaemic. Have you mentioned your cravings to your doctor?
I suppose you can say that I am now a chalk addict. I would have it now and then before, but recently have to have it and have about a box of 12 a day (although a couple of days ago had two boxes). I sometimes just chew it, but sometimes swallow and could eat a lot more than a box a day but try to limit myself.
I would love to try slate pencils; they look so natural and crunchy. Anyone know whether they are sold in UK? There is a significant Asian population there, so I wondered if they sold them in shops. If so I will look to get a supply when I travel there, along with plenty of clay!
@all things clay.. slate pencils are deliciousssssss they have rich creamy flavour and melts in mouth.. when i used to eat them I was like 10 pieces(small sticks) per day.. yummmmmm and they are easily avaible in india but too much of that hurts ones tummy...:(

If you can maintain moderation, I think u shud try once
munni

Hyderabad, India

#6162 Jun 17, 2013
Miley wrote:
<quoted text>
@ munni.. it will be very difficult to stop the craving..!! I am controlling but the cravings are strong.. Hope to stay away forever..:)
well, did u try the red clay ??
@Miley,
Not so far!!!:(

Donno wen I'll get my hands on them dear.. Will it b before or after my delivery!!:( My cravings r same r mayb increasing day-by-day weneva I see any related video or the ladies comments n descriptions about Red clay they had.. I'll start thinkin in my mind.. I WISH I cud also have some easy access to it in order to satisfy my craving atleast once and feel the taste n smell of it lyk all the ladies in the forum experienced!!!

Its all about Mother Earth's Magic on us..!! ;)lol
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6163 Jun 17, 2013
I went shopping today with my mom and we were on the chips isle, she was getting mutt & Jeff pig skins for my dad and I looked down and there was a box of white dirt. How odd is it for a box of dirt to be on the chips isle like everybody eats it. I wanted to grab a bag so bad but there were a lot of people on the isle and I didn't want to seem crazy or have people looking at me like "Why is she grabbing that?"

I did place my order from Wanda on early Saturday morning. It was midnight on Saturday, I got it from amazon because I was doing a little bit of online shopping and I was like might as well get it from here since I'm ordering stuff. But right now I still haven't received an email saying that my order has shipped. Maybe I'm just being impatient since it was Father's Day weekend and its only Monday, but I'm trying though. I just want that creamy earthy flavor in my mouth. Soon
StraightShooter

Pretoria, South Africa

#6164 Jun 17, 2013
Hellooooo Clay and Chalk lovers,just watched a video apparently eating chalk causes osteoporosis for more info google The danger of eating chalk

OR see the link below to watch the video

http://on.aol.com/video/the-dangers-of-eating...

Take Care,Cheers!!!
Miley

Chandigarh, India

#6165 Jun 17, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
@Miley,
Not so far!!!:(
Donno wen I'll get my hands on them dear.. Will it b before or after my delivery!!:( My cravings r same r mayb increasing day-by-day weneva I see any related video or the ladies comments n descriptions about Red clay they had.. I'll start thinkin in my mind.. I WISH I cud also have some easy access to it in order to satisfy my craving atleast once and feel the taste n smell of it lyk all the ladies in the forum experienced!!!
Its all about Mother Earth's Magic on us..!! ;)lol
@munni
I can completely understand ur crave.. the cravings are really strong... if u crave so much, u can order from mavuseller.. I never tried that but her clays look delicious.. the original mavu .. yum yum
--_-Supabeast-_- -

Denver, NC

#6166 Jun 17, 2013
Why? Well when a person craves something like clay, dirt, chalk, rubber, metal, wood, etc., etc. It usually means that you are lacking certain vitamins and nutrients in your diet. I'd almost be certain that a good, high quality multi-vitamin a day would probably stop the cravings...if you wanted to stop of course.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6167 Jun 18, 2013
My order has shipped and its schedule to arrive on Friday :)!!
zaheera

UK

#6169 Jun 19, 2013
All the oldies are missing on forum...mary swabbi..adaku,allthings clay...many more....
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6170 Jun 19, 2013
zaheera wrote:
All the oldies are missing on forum...mary swabbi..adaku,allthings clay...many more....
I was thinking this too and I miss their posts.

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#6171 Jun 19, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Hi,I am still here.:) My mouth is watering reading Alexx's posts about her dirt coming from Wanda. just got done munching on some.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#6172 Jun 19, 2013
Multani mitti eater were r u
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6173 Jun 19, 2013
zaheera wrote:
I know what you mean...I miss the postings of so many people too. I still post, but not as actively as before.

'Oldies', if you're still reading how about posting to let us know how/what you're doing with your cravings?

As I said recently, my big thing right now is chalk sticks. I know that if I had some good clay chunks I would be able to leave the chalk alone but I don't so the chalk will have to do (I can't even find Argo in the box cornstarch right now, another reason I've turned to the chalk). Oh well there are worst things I could be having (and I've had worst), and I don't swallow a lot of it anyway.

I've mostly been having Crayola white chalk but also recently found a brand called Cra-Z-Art which is very similar. I love the crunch and the mild grittiness. Can't wait though until I travel and can shop for some real clay and other supplies.
angela

Brooklyn, NY

#6174 Jun 19, 2013
Hello everyone.. I hav been reading d posts nd I hav been craving clay lately since I stopped iron pills. I didnt order ny clay though. my doctor jus calld me today that m low on iron again nd need to take iron pills again. nd i Had read b4 that tailor chalk is made of real kaolin clay smooth one, maybe sum of u who cant get their hands on white dirt could try to find places that sell tailors chalk.

Nd hello ackee , swabbi nd everyone else. I hope evryone is soing well .:)

Since: Jun 13

Lawrenceburg, IN

#6176 Jun 20, 2013
White Dirt wrote:
Has anyone recently bought white dirt from Leslie, if so, what does her current batch taste like?
I ordered red and white from Miss Leslie on Monday and received it yesterday. The red is perfect. I haven't had a chance to bake the white yet. I like it a little crunchier. I sampled a tiny piece of the white and it was yummy. Exceptional service.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#6177 Jun 20, 2013
Kellzgirl wrote:
<quoted text> I ordered red and white from Miss Leslie on Monday and received it yesterday. The red is perfect. I haven't had a chance to bake the white yet. I like it a little crunchier. I sampled a tiny piece of the white and it was yummy. Exceptional service.
Wow your order came fast . I kinda want to order the red clay from Leslie but I know that it's only so much I can eat before I get tired of it .

Since: Jun 13

Lawrenceburg, IN

#6178 Jun 20, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow your order came fast . I kinda want to order the red clay from Leslie but I know that it's only so much I can eat before I get tired of it .
Well if you don't eat it all before you get tired of it you will have some for later.:). For the two sacks of dirt and shipping it only came to $19.80 I was really happy with it.i got mine from Miss Wanda last time and it was really good also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pizza Palace: Knoxville, Tennessee's Pizza Driv... (Jul '10) 55 min Love Pizza Palace 23
Manny's moves into Sterling; Domino's departs D... (Feb '14) 4 hr kathykingery 3
8 million Ugandan children live in abject pover... 11 hr kizito 1
Mohawk Valley Memories 13 hr rustyshackleford 2
An Apple A Day (And Other Fall Flavors) At Leis... 17 hr American Gentlema... 1
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... Wed Gerald Vonberger 1
College: arrests, injuries during Pumpkin Fest Wed ACE MCMILLAN 6

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE