Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,636
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Indian Chalkie

Delhi, India

#6135 Jun 12, 2013
Tried placing an international order from good ole dirt via email as that's the only way the site says it accepts orders but no one has responded yet ? Anyone else who tried to order internationally have heard back from them ?? Never tried white dirt and read so much about it on the forum of how creamy and melt in the mouth it is.
ikechukwu

Ashburn, VA

#6137 Jun 12, 2013
ivie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have pics of the clay and can you get calabar chalk?
yes we have pictures of the clay!
Alexx

Forest Park, GA

#6138 Jun 12, 2013
Anybody here that lives in GA and ordered from good ole dirt (Wanda)? How long did it take to arrive?

I'm very excited to order her clay on my own with nobody help.:) I just want to know since we're in the same state how long will it take to get here.

Yay! I'm so excited. I've been craving clay for a long time and now I get to have a few bags.:)

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#6139 Jun 12, 2013
Alexx wrote:
Anybody here that lives in GA and ordered from good ole dirt (Wanda)? How long did it take to arrive?
I'm very excited to order her clay on my own with nobody help.:) I just want to know since we're in the same state how long will it take to get here.
Yay! I'm so excited. I've been craving clay for a long time and now I get to have a few bags.:)
It should get there quick. She ships it right away. hold on tight. you won't be disappointed.
nhlasto

United States

#6140 Jun 13, 2013
4rm zim,i thnk clay iz e most delicious thng eva..gave ma boyfrend some to taste & he spit it out.was so confusd
Mrscornstarch

Saint Peters, MO

#6141 Jun 13, 2013
Hello all I have been reading post on this fourm. I love corn starch I was given argo landury starch at a young age. Then I felt ashamed so i started eatting argo corn starch in the box. I wish I could get the old starch it was so crunchy and good. How ever I have ate different type of starch. I'm eight months pregrant and have not eaten any corn starch at all. But I'm always on you tube watching people eat it wishing it was me lol. I told my husband I would not eat starch with this child so far so good
Abazieu

Ocala, FL

#6142 Jun 13, 2013
ikechukwu wrote:
Please if there's anyone who is intereted in purchasing grey clay (Nzu), within nigeria or outside the country can contact me on +2347038000225.
Is it the salted kind? Do you have the unsalted kind?
ivie

Sunnyvale, CA

#6143 Jun 14, 2013
ikechukwu wrote:
<quoted text>
do u hv a cite I can see them?
Alexx

United States

#6144 Jun 14, 2013
I just placed my order from Miss Wanda .:) so excited . It should be here soon . Yay !
ivie

Sunnyvale, CA

#6145 Jun 14, 2013
ikechukwu wrote:
<quoted text>
plez
Send me pics on ivymburu@hotmail.com
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6146 Jun 15, 2013
Mrscornstarch wrote:
Hello all I have been reading post on this fourm. I love corn starch I was given argo landury starch at a young age. Then I felt ashamed so i started eatting argo corn starch in the box. I wish I could get the old starch it was so crunchy and good. How ever I have ate different type of starch. I'm eight months pregrant and have not eaten any corn starch at all. But I'm always on you tube watching people eat it wishing it was me lol. I told my husband I would not eat starch with this child so far so good
I wish I could have tried some of that old crunchy starch - it sounds perfect.

You're doing really well to stay off the starch; you should be very proud of yourself.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6147 Jun 15, 2013
Any chalk eaters still on the forum?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6148 Jun 15, 2013
Alexx wrote:
I just placed my order from Miss Wanda .:) so excited . It should be here soon . Yay !
Wow Alexx! Please let us know how it is, whether it's still as good as when you've had it before.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#6149 Jun 15, 2013
@All things Clay, I was a heavy chalk eater few yrs bak n now its lyk a couple of bites wen i see it nywer in da home!

Im a pregnant now n started developing a huge crush on Indian slate pencils which r lil diff in the texture n crunch unlyk chalks!!

I loooooooove to have some red clay from the initial days of my pregnancy bt nw im into my 8th mnth n my craving for it z still on.. havn't had nything so far.. jus watching those videos n all the ladies comments abt red clay n tryin to calm down!

Do u like chalks??
All things clay wrote:
Any chalk eaters still on the forum?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6150 Jun 15, 2013
munni wrote:
@All things Clay, I was a heavy chalk eater few yrs bak n now its lyk a couple of bites wen i see it nywer in da home!
Im a pregnant now n started developing a huge crush on Indian slate pencils which r lil diff in the texture n crunch unlyk chalks!!
I loooooooove to have some red clay from the initial days of my pregnancy bt nw im into my 8th mnth n my craving for it z still on.. havn't had nything so far.. jus watching those videos n all the ladies comments abt red clay n tryin to calm down!
Do u like chalks?? <quoted text>
Hi munni, you're being very disciplined - I know how difficult it can be. I first had these type cravings many years ago when pregnant too; they went away, then came back again due to my being anaemic. Have you mentioned your cravings to your doctor?

I suppose you can say that I am now a chalk addict. I would have it now and then before, but recently have to have it and have about a box of 12 a day (although a couple of days ago had two boxes). I sometimes just chew it, but sometimes swallow and could eat a lot more than a box a day but try to limit myself.

I would love to try slate pencils; they look so natural and crunchy. Anyone know whether they are sold in UK? There is a significant Asian population there, so I wondered if they sold them in shops. If so I will look to get a supply when I travel there, along with plenty of clay!

Since: Jun 13

Lawrenceburg, IN

#6151 Jun 15, 2013
I have just tried good ole earth. I didn't like it at first but after I baked it it was perfect! So I was going to order some more and was wondering about MuttandJeff. It looks like price wise they would be best but I have seen that they were out of clay for awhile and some of the clay has not been good quality. Has anyone ordered from them recently? Has the quality been good? Thanks
ackee

Bronx, NY

#6152 Jun 15, 2013
Kellzgirl wrote:
I have just tried good ole earth. I didn't like it at first but after I baked it it was perfect! So I was going to order some more and was wondering about MuttandJeff. It looks like price wise they would be best but I have seen that they were out of clay for awhile and some of the clay has not been good quality. Has anyone ordered from them recently? Has the quality been good? Thanks
how long did you bake it? I had order from mutt and Jeff about three to four months ago . I still have most of the clay because my craving are not that great. I like their clay. It is crumbly and nice. you do however find pieces that have different texture that might be or not to your liking. I tried another company and it was not as good. At first I did not like Mutt and Jeff but after trying it for a couple days as suggested by some one I loved it. The price is reasonable too.

Lawrenceburg, IN

#6153 Jun 15, 2013
The large pieces 18 to 20 minutes at 275 degrees. I flipped them halfway through. The smaller pieces abt 10 minutes and flipped the ones that were big enough. I was concerned with MuttandJeff since I had seen a few people saying they got theirs and it was sandy. Their prices seem to be the best though.
ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
how long did you bake it? I had order from mutt and Jeff about three to four months ago . I still have most of the clay because my craving are not that great. I like their clay. It is crumbly and nice. you do however find pieces that have different texture that might be or not to your liking. I tried another company and it was not as good. At first I did not like Mutt and Jeff but after trying it for a couple days as suggested by some one I loved it. The price is reasonable too.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#6154 Jun 15, 2013
I have never experience sandy clay with them. Maybe a few pieces too hard to chew like it was over baked. I think their clay must be good because their has been times when they are sold out and i could not get it to buy. I did try i believe it was sams it was not that wonderful and it was less in the bag. Well everyone has different taste and texture for the clay they desire. Thanks for the info.

Lawrenceburg, IN

#6155 Jun 15, 2013
I think I will give them a try. Thank you.:)
ackee wrote:
I have never experience sandy clay with them. Maybe a few pieces too hard to chew like it was over baked. I think their clay must be good because their has been times when they are sold out and i could not get it to buy. I did try i believe it was sams it was not that wonderful and it was less in the bag. Well everyone has different taste and texture for the clay they desire. Thanks for the info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Full holiday menu for Obamas, plus 6 pies 2 hr Hooogle It 8
Full holiday menu for Obamas, plus 6 pies 2 hr Hooogle It 1
Pig's Mutilated Carcass Scattered Outside Austr... 5 hr Scott 31
How To Brine A Turkey: Basic Recipe 19 hr Brevard Times 1
How To Thaw A Turkey Fast And Safely 19 hr Brevard Times 1
Katherine Timpf: Eight Most Ridiculous Suggesti... 23 hr kelly 2
Altadena woman celebrates 104th birthday (Apr '10) Wed Deb K 6

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE