Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,752
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5950 May 19, 2013
Alexx wrote:
The ladies that participated in the mavu clay sale are so lucky . I wish I can try all of the clays , especially the red soil & the original mavu clay .
@Alexx you can also be Lucky if
that what you want to call it .It is just that we are supporting our habits and being RESPONSIBLE for buying what we like .I suggest/hope you find yourself a little job so you can try all the clay you like. Until then eat healthy and take iron tablet. Best Regards
dirtnclay

UK

#5951 May 19, 2013
Woop bought my 4bags! Cant wait Mavu thanks so much! If u didn't take up the offer then u missing out lol

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5952 May 19, 2013
Okay ladies! Good news!

I'm opening up the sale for my US customers that missed the GMT time in 30 mins!

Will redo the sale for another hour so that it's fair for everyone!
Bravo

Bowie, MD

#5953 May 19, 2013
That's great Mavu Seller!
Wow

Flushing, NY

#5954 May 19, 2013
i never knew that ppl are eating clay. blah
Why we love crave clay

Beaumont, TX

#5955 May 19, 2013
Hi Forum !come join Facebook "Why we love & crave clay just another way to met new friends and talk about the different clays.@ MavuSellers now that superior customers service,Great Job I believe you're the BEST now when it comes to customers services.
Miley

London, UK

#5956 May 20, 2013
heya
I knw that eating clay in moderation is good but how do u people
maintain that moderation?? I guess this is soooo addicting coz once even
I was addicted to fullers earth like crazy !!!!
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5958 May 20, 2013
@Miley

Yeah... Its soo addictive!! Once its been tasted, one can hardly try to move on to something else. different ppl diff tastes. Its very difficult to ppl 2 walk away from the clay they had n have continue having food. atleast, having tat urge myself cudn't control my taste buds to nibble a bit.

though i dint get to taste ny clay yet, but I know wot r those cravings ..

Keeping this addiction in moderation is helpful n less harm, only if the intake of it can b decreased from time to time n looooooooooottssaa self control!!(which z lil diff) ;)

Do u still have tat habit abt fullers? wer r u from?
Miley

London, UK

#5959 May 20, 2013
munni wrote:
@Miley
Yeah... Its soo addictive!! Once its been tasted, one can hardly try to
move on to something else. different ppl diff tastes. Its very difficult
to ppl 2 walk away from the clay they had n have continue having food.
atleast, having tat urge myself cudn't control my taste buds to nibble a
bit.
though i dint get to taste ny clay yet, but I know wot r those cravings
Keeping this addiction in moderation is helpful n less harm, only if the
intake of it can b decreased from time to time n looooooooooottssaa
self control!!(which z lil diff) ;)
Do u still have tat habit abt fullers? wer r u from?
hey what do u eat if its not clay ??
Miley

London, UK

#5960 May 20, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Aaah Ladies! It's been fun!
Will definitely do this again soon!
To all those that ordered I will send you a confirmation email when your orders have been sent out tomorrow!
Enjoy!!
Hey mavu seller I have left the habit of consuming non food items but whenever I get the craving back I visit this forum and also your website.. The pictures are just mindblowing...... Especially the original mavu.. ;)
clay4life

UK

#5961 May 21, 2013
Oh dear I've missed out haven't I? Haven't been on here for a while now but the craves have returned. Seems like mavu is my best bet!
mina

Accra, Ghana

#5962 May 21, 2013
its true. i tried stopping a friend and decided to see why she likes it. and now am hooked on more than my riend
Curious

Mcdonough, GA

#5963 May 21, 2013
What does all of mavu clay taste like ? I would like full details ? Is one gritty than the other ? Is one noticeable when you eat ? Is one chalky ? Is one earthier than the rest ? Can anybody describe to me because I'm thinking about buying clay from her but I don't know which one to get .
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5964 May 21, 2013
I really don't like gritty clay . But right now I have a really strong craving for Leslie red dirt . I can taste the earthiness on my tongue & the light airy crunch w/ the little grit crunch while I chew on the clay . Mmmm hoping I can get some soon . So far I haven't had clay in a while , kinda wanna reward myself .
CLAY DIVA

Beaumont, TX

#5965 May 21, 2013
come join us on facebook why we love and crave clay
beautiful pictures and wonderful stories about our favorite clays.
Indian Chalkie

Hyderabad, India

#5966 May 21, 2013
Hi Mina,

What kind of clay do you eat ? I'm sure there's plenty available all around you in Ghana. Lucky... Wish I had that kinda luck
Miley

London, UK

#5967 May 22, 2013
mina wrote:
its true. i tried stopping a friend and decided to see why
she likes it. and now am hooked on more than my riend
yeah that happens !! I ate lots of slate pencils and fullers earth and my friend was responsible for that addiction!

By the way, what do you eat??
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5968 May 22, 2013
CLAY DIVA wrote:
come join us on facebook why we love and crave clay
beautiful pictures and wonderful stories about our favorite clays.
Can you post a link ? I can't seem the find it on Facebook & I looked for it through people , groups , & pages . I even typed it in on google .
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5969 May 22, 2013
Miley wrote:
<quoted text>
hey what do u eat if its not clay ??
I eat slatepencil.. now that im pregnant I'm controlling myself a lot n eating hardly 2 per day or 2 for every 2 days! I wish I ate red clay instead of tat!! ;) haven't even tasted a bit of it ...
Miley

London, UK

#5970 May 22, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat slatepencil.. now that im pregnant I'm controlling myself a lot n
eating hardly 2 per day or 2 for every 2 days! I wish I ate red clay
instead of tat!! ;) haven't even tasted a bit of it ...
yeah.. slate pencils have got the perfect texture and taste!! but unfortunately they are very harmful.. Did you try fullers earth - baked or unbaked ??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zymbiotics puts the zaur in the kraut 19 min Jeff Ziebelman 1
7 things to know about epilepsy 1 hr DeeDee86 2
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 6 hr cooldude 5
News Hits: Schuette OKs school taxes for new Re... 7 hr Art Lafler 2
Food Dehydrator (Oct '10) Tue Pavlos Lombardi 2
Japanese Cherry Blossoms Tue SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 2
McD's burger on chopping block Tue Intelligent Stand... 1
More from around the web