Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9210 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

dirt eater

Miami, FL

#6021 May 28, 2013
at All things clay, I would like to visit he facebook forum on why we love and crave clay, could youplease post the link.
i've google it, i cannot find it
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6022 May 28, 2013
dirt eater wrote:
at All things clay, I would like to visit he facebook forum on why we love and crave clay, could youplease post the link.
i've google it, i cannot find it
Here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/WhyWeCraveLoveClay...

I have visited the page, but to shy to like it or post.
Alexx

Decatur, GA

#6023 May 28, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is:
http://www.facebook.com/WhyWeCraveLoveClay...
I have visited the page, but to shy to like it or post.
This page doesn't come up for me . It always take me to my news feed .
Alexx

Decatur, GA

#6024 May 28, 2013
angela wrote:
Helllo everyone. I havnt been on d forum for a while. I hav been reading d comments . I took iron pills for a few months nd I had no cravings , none st all, but then I started getting stomach upset nd diarrhea frm taking so much iron pilks so I stopped. Since recently I started crsving clay again. I hav read comments abt slate pencils. As a kid in india we used to use them to write on our slates. Nd I believe most kids would nibble on them. I guess cuz growing kids need more minerals etc so we probably got an urge to eat them. They r made frm kaolin clay same stuff lyk grorgia white dirt kaolin. They raste good. BBut d manufsctures only make them for use as writing. They might no sumtimes kids eat them bt thats it. ehen I bought k a olin cl as y geirgia white dirt here in d us . I got d same taste nd lovd it. I did eat multani mitti in india once in a while but ksolin is lot better than multani mitti as it does stick to ur gums nd stuff .
Omg that makes me want to try it even more .
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6025 May 28, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
This page doesn't come up for me . It always take me to my news feed .
That's strange and disappointing - it's a nice page.

I find it no problem - just log on to facebook and type in "Why we crave & love clay" and it comes up.
ackee

Patchogue, NY

#6026 May 28, 2013
hey angela so sorry that you had such an adverse reaction to the Iron. It seems in order to keep off the clay you need to be on the iron but then it can affect you in other ways and then you stop and the cravings come right back. Maybe if we try to control our intake. Moderation.
angela

Bronx, NY

#6027 May 28, 2013
Hey ackeee, how r u? They told me to get a diff type of iron pill ferrous glucanate but it was expensive so I didnt get it but I will get it since d cravlngs jus startd to come back . How gav u been. I jus finishd my finals. I was going crazy wid skool nd work. Omg m so relaxd now. No skool for 3 months thank god.
deepti

Delhi, India

#6028 May 28, 2013
i have a strong craving to eat sand, clay,soil,pebbels,chalk.i think i have lack of iron and calcium in my body.i want to get rid of this unusual eating habit.how can i?
ackee

Patchogue, NY

#6029 May 29, 2013
angela wrote:
Hey ackeee, how r u? They told me to get a diff type of iron pill ferrous glucanate but it was expensive so I didnt get it but I will get it since d cravlngs jus startd to come back . How gav u been. I jus finishd my finals. I was going crazy wid skool nd work. Omg m so relaxd now. No skool for 3 months thank god.
I am happy to hear that you are hanging in there and you can relax a little now. You are doing well. School can be hard. Yes the stuff we need at times are always costly.I have been doing ok. I bought some clay from Mutt&Jeff a while back and still have about 8lbs left. I do not eat it as much as I used to every now and then I nibble on a little piece I think this only happens when I am stressed or Anxious.
I am glad to know you are good I hope you get iron.
StraightShooter

South Africa

#6030 May 29, 2013
Hello Clay eaters!!!!google this statement "Slate pencil Production Technology"-Kettathum Kandathum 9,June 2012 Part 2
StraightShooter

South Africa

#6031 May 29, 2013
To see the making of slate Pencil
StraightShooter

South Africa

#6032 May 29, 2013
Or go to this link:
&NR=1&feature=endscree n
StraightShooter

South Africa

#6033 May 29, 2013
Cheers!!!!!
StraightShooter

South Africa

#6034 May 29, 2013
mary tyler

United States

#6035 May 29, 2013
I have check out the facebook craving clay and the slate pencil video on there also ..Nice forum
Kay

Kansas City, MO

#6036 May 29, 2013
Does anyone know where I could get a sample of the red dirt/clay?
clay4life

UK

#6037 May 30, 2013
Kay wrote:
Does anyone know where I could get a sample of the red dirt/clay?
Try Mavu or Leslie
deepti

Delhi, India

#6038 May 30, 2013
i m adicted to eat ny non foody item...no matr wat it is clay chalk slate pencils multani potery clay or earthern pots evn pencil leads bricks sand stones tiles..i hve tried evtythn available around...wen i dun have sumthn i m fyn but wen i have sumthng i juz can eat it up oll in short tym...i can eat a box of slate pencil widin a day...1 kg of multani in a month any earthern pot widin a wek..i take my iron pills...but nw as evrythn i had is over i vl b buyng multani n slate pencils in sum days....den again vl munch for full day....uhhh...i juz love eatng ol dese.....
deepti

Delhi, India

#6039 May 30, 2013
i realy wanna try red clay..n starch also..but no acses to dem ryt nw....soo vl have to wait...
Indian Chalkie

Mumbai, India

#6040 May 30, 2013
Where are you from deepthi ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lions' breakfast aids food bank (Apr '12) 10 min Lions hall gone 3
News Here's 7 Guacamole Mistakes You're Making 2 hr Rb RECORDS 1
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... (Jun '15) 2 hr Actual Science 779
News Warmer weather and experimentation lead to new ... 4 hr Stephany McDowell 1
News 102 Days of Summer Blog Featuring: Winona Peach... 5 hr BIA 1
News Magnificent Macedonia is one of Europe's undisc... 8 hr MACEDONIA ISGREECE 15
News 'I apologize to the LGBT community': Texas past... 23 hr Skippy 12
More from around the web