Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,484
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story

Since: May 13

United States

#5927 May 17, 2013
mzlibra wrote:
I went to the african market where I live......disappointed bcuz the state of Virginia will not let them sell the clay.....the lady knew what I was talking abt, she even showed me in a book. I went to teacher supply store looking for chalk. All they had was Melissa & Doug white chalk. I don't like that brand or Prang. I love crayola anti-dust white chalk. I'm back to eating cornstarch. Kroger brand is good. I want some white dirt. I'm not going back to baby powder. Where my son goes to college they have red dirt along the highway, my mouth (waters when I c it. Has anyone eaten red dirt? Wat does it taste like?
EBay has tons of Crayola Chalks. Also try your local colleges...they have chalk, I use to rake chalk out of the class rooms that were empt

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5929 May 17, 2013
Indian Chalkie wrote:
This is great news Mavu Seller...would you also set the pricing based on the countries you ship it to as well. There is a lof o difference between buying this from US UK or ordering this from India as there is such a huge difference due to currency exchange. A bag of your clay at even 5 pounds plus shipping will cost me around 1000 indian rupees which is very very expensive. Considering things like multani mitti or slate pencils cost 5 to 20 rupees. Can you let me know if some discount can be provided ? If it cant..i'd understand as you have to look at your margin as well
Hi Indian Chalkie!

Unfortunately, even though you have reasonable concern in regards to the exchange rate, it wouldn't be feasible for me to lower the price as you rightly said.

My apologies as I would love for EVERYONE to try the original MAVU!
mama cornstarch

Plymouth, IN

#5930 May 17, 2013
For the person who was looking for the cornstarch topic if you type topix eating corn starch in the address field of your computer you will find it ...it's about 20 post so far just type it out just as I have it listed here.
linkage

UK

#5931 May 17, 2013

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5932 May 17, 2013
Lovetheearth wrote:
Thanks for all the help everyone! I got my Ghana clay yesterday from love4clay2 :)
@lovethe earth very fast delivery how does Its taste? Happy munching enjoy !
Alexx

United States

#5933 May 18, 2013
Ladies !! I'm at my grandmothers house & she lives right up the street from a corner store that sells white dirt . Hopefully I can get me a couple of bags . I'm striving for 2 bags but ill be more than happy w/ 1 .:)
Alexx

United States

#5934 May 18, 2013
The store no longer sell white dirt . Guess it wasn't meant to be
ackee

Bronx, NY

#5935 May 18, 2013
Alexx wrote:
The store no longer sell white dirt . Guess it wasn't meant to be
Alex what about digging at grandma? Didn't you say you used to do that? What does she have was it red clay dirt? I know its hard. You been doing good so far.
Alexx

Paterson, NJ

#5936 May 18, 2013
ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex what about digging at grandma? Didn't you say you used to do that? What does she have was it red clay dirt? I know its hard. You been doing good so far.
It's been raining down here lately so I couldn't go outside . Yes red dirt .
ayilo baeb

Philadelphia, PA

#5937 May 18, 2013
love love love ayillo clay from Ghana. I actually stopped eating clay for 14years during my child bearing years but recently the craving came back and i am back at it. It tastes heavenly. It heals stress and depression....and mine gives me some good sleep.
ayilo baeb

Philadelphia, PA

#5938 May 18, 2013
does anyone know where i can get ghana ayelo clay unsalted and baked in phil adelphia?
dirtnclay

UK

#5939 May 19, 2013
So is anyone taking advantage of mavu's offer tonight??! I was gonna buy a bag of all three types of clay but then this offer came up and I think I'm gonna buy the 4 bags! Works out cheaper in the long run plus since clayaholic is buying 10kg!! Lol I'm gonna stock up on mine haha
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5940 May 19, 2013
I wish I cud!!

I cudn't afford to buy ny of them..:( but hope rest of them who planned to avail this offer from Mavu njoys!!

Have a yummyyy clay tonight!!:) but drink lotttttsa water n complete dis yummyyy meal (lol!! ;))
ati

London, UK

#5941 May 19, 2013
hiiii clay lovers
hows ur clay love. i m to bz in my shopping
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#5942 May 19, 2013
Have my cornstarch with me at work. I've had 4 spoonfuls already......tried to stop but I'm back at it.....oh well! Took my iron pill too
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5943 May 19, 2013
To Mavu Seller or anyone who has tried the red soil cake:

I am still trying to satisfy myself whether the soil cake can properly be called clay or is a type soil (I see that both terms are used on the Mavu site).

Has anyone added water to the soil cake? If so, does it 'behave' like clay - for example dissolve and turn like mud or plasticky? Or does it 'behave' like soil?

Thanks if anyone can answer.

London, UK

#5944 May 19, 2013
WE ARE NOW LIVE!!!

It's only been 5 minutes and you ladies don't play!

Kudos to all of you that are taking hold of this introductory offer!

Enjoy!!

London, UK

#5945 May 19, 2013
All things clay wrote:
To Mavu Seller or anyone who has tried the red soil cake:
I am still trying to satisfy myself whether the soil cake can properly be called clay or is a type soil (I see that both terms are used on the Mavu site).
Has anyone added water to the soil cake? If so, does it 'behave' like clay - for example dissolve and turn like mud or plasticky? Or does it 'behave' like soil?
Thanks if anyone can answer.
Hi All things clay.

In answer to your question I have to say that officially it would be classed as a red soil as it is a specially harvested soil that is grounded into a fine powder that is then moulded. The baking of it hardens it to a clay like consistency so I guess you could say it's a bit of both as it does 'behave' like clay when wet!

Hope this makes it clearer for you!

London, UK

#5948 May 19, 2013
Aaah Ladies! It's been fun!

Will definitely do this again soon!

To all those that ordered I will send you a confirmation email when your orders have been sent out tomorrow!

Enjoy!!
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5949 May 19, 2013
The ladies that participated in the mavu clay sale are so lucky . I wish I can try all of the clays , especially the red soil & the original mavu clay .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apple prize: Red delicious are anything but, so... 3 hr anon 4
Shakey's Pizza Parlor To Honor Katy Perry On Al... 3 hr Big mike 1
Mormons carry a few more pounds (Feb '06) 11 hr TRUTH 299
Pizza Palace: Knoxville, Tennessee's Pizza Driv... (Jul '10) Fri Vern Schillinger 24
KFC unveils a triple meat Double Down Fri Speakeasy 1
Manny's moves into Sterling; Domino's departs D... (Feb '14) Fri kathykingery 3
8 million Ugandan children live in abject pover... Thu kizito 1

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE