Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 8981 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Indian Chalkie

Hyderabad, India

#5976 May 23, 2013
Hi Munni,

Clay pot ??? Never heard of that one now... you eat clay pots? how is that possible
Miley

London, UK

#5977 May 23, 2013
Craving for some creamy roasted clay and slate pencils right now.. I have seen people enjoying roasted/baked fullers earth. They say yummm yumm..

Oh god give me strength to resist this!!!!:(:(
clay4life

UK

#5978 May 23, 2013
Got my original mavu clay today!!! Love it! I bake mine as well which makes even more earthier! Crumbly and creamy at the same time yum yum eating mine now as I type!
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5979 May 23, 2013
Indian Chalkie wrote:
Hi Munni,
Clay pot ??? Never heard of that one now... you eat clay pots? how is that possible
@ Indian Chalkie..

Clay pots r nuthng but the small or big mud pots they make wid soft n gritty clay in pottery.. which r red in color. The clay they use in preparing it is red clay.At tyms few potters use chocolaty brown, dark brown clay for making some pots. Just coz I find no way of having red clay in chunks form, I satisfy my cravings by having it dis way!!

I've access only to it n slatepencils nowadays! clay pots, I nibble every now n then but in very minute pieces n slatepencils much more in moderation as I'm taking a very gud care in not effecting my baby insyd me! ;)

@Miley,
How r u able to manage slatepencils in Finland?? Do u have access to it over der? i don't think so! Then wot is it tat u have wid u now?

Miley

London, UK

#5980 May 23, 2013
@ munni
No dear I m from India...
Namaste!! ;):) ;)
Miley

London, UK

#5981 May 24, 2013
clay4life wrote:
Got my original mavu clay today!!! Love it! I bake mine
as well which makes even more earthier! Crumbly and creamy at the same
time yum yum eating mine now as I type!
Wow.. So lucky!
mary tyler

United States

#5982 May 24, 2013
clay4life wrote:
Got my original mavu clay today!!! Love it! I bake mine as well which makes even more earthier! Crumbly and creamy at the same time yum yum eating mine now as I type!
Wow you posted May 21 about Missing out on Mavu clay ..If you got your clay already that was super fast, that what Im talking about ! Lol I wish that could happen with the Ghana clay
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5983 May 24, 2013
Hi Miley .. n Namaste!

Wer in India r u from?
Miley

London, UK

#5984 May 24, 2013
munni wrote:
Hi Miley .. n Namaste!
Wer in India r u from?
Indore.. and u ?
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5985 May 24, 2013
Miley wrote:
<quoted text>
Indore.. and u ?
Hyderabad :)
Indian Chalkie

Chennai, India

#5986 May 24, 2013
Hey munni,

Where do u get potters clay in hyd city ? I would love to try some...does it taste like multani mitti or different ? I think it might b too gritty
Indian Chalkie

Chennai, India

#5987 May 24, 2013
And what brand of slate pencils have you guys tasted ? Any favourites...mine is tiger slate pencil
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5988 May 25, 2013
Indian Chalkie wrote:
Hey munni,
Where do u get potters clay in hyd city ? I would love to try some...does it taste like multani mitti or different ? I think it might b too gritty
@Chalkie

the easy way to find potter's clay is to go to ny nearby place wer u'll find ny potter who makes red clay pots.. they will have a huge collection of red clay necessary to make lots of pots! give him or her a proper reasn (smtyms a silly lie can help!! ;))

The pots they make r of different sizes. some r made of soft red clay which z not sooo gritty but feels crunchy while chewing every bite! N some r made wid grittyy Red clay! In both the cases, u feel tat earthy taste.. even if u add few drops of water on them they smell lyk... wowww... earthy heaven n u can stop sniffing!! ;) yum!!

So far I had Cycle brand n lions brand slatepencils (which I'm currently having). The first one seemed good to me..! Wot kind do u lyk in them??
Indian Chalkie

Delhi, India

#5989 May 25, 2013
I've been eating them for 18 yrs now. Eaten every brand possible and available but Tiger just beats them all. It is clean crunchy kaolin without any grit...Just the right amount of crunch and smells the same !! wet earth on a rainy day... a smell we so lovvvvve
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5990 May 25, 2013
So wot abt nwadays?

n wot do u crave the most amongst all the earthy tastes..?
Curious

Stockbridge, GA

#5992 May 25, 2013
What does slate pencils look like? Are they made out of kaolin? Where can you buy them in the united states or online?
Alexx

United States

#5993 May 25, 2013
I just dug a little bit of red clay from my grandma back yard . :) now just gotta let it dry out . So excited . It's been a while since I dug some clay
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5994 May 25, 2013
Curious wrote:
What does slate pencils look like? Are they made out of kaolin? Where can you buy them in the united states or online?
I have put links to a couple of youtube videos in the past. Here is one to look at, I suggest looking on youtube for more or just doing a google search - it seems like there are a whole lot of people that eat slate pencil.

Here is another link, to one showing a young woman eating. It looks and sounds so good...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I haven't found it for sale on any UK or US website...if anybody knows if it is possible to order some please let us all know!
CLAY DIVA

Orange, TX

#5995 May 25, 2013
@ALL CLAY you should come check out the facebook forum why we crave&love clay .I think you would like it.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5996 May 26, 2013
Alexx wrote:
I just dug a little bit of red clay from my grandma back yard .:) now just gotta let it dry out . So excited . It's been a while since I dug some clay
Hi Alex,

I see that ur cravings r growing high but u do not have ny convenient source to get ya white dirt wenevr u want! Glad to know u've tried to have some red clay from ya grandma's home. let me know how does it taste after getting dried in the sun!?

Njoyyyy :) I wish i can have some from smwer..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Pennsylvania man ran fake DUI checkpoin... 14 hr one for the road 1
News Pick Your Own Berries in Toronto & the GTA 15 hr region H20 storag... 1
News Sanctions Spark Russian Cheese Industry Boom 18 hr FAKE RUSSIAN CHEESE 2
News Halton African West Indian Superstore 22 hr lots of new immig... 1
News Grading The President's Strategy To Promote Bee... Mon J Smith 2
News Asked at the Linda Mar Shopping Center. Mon exposingfibs 1
News New England's epic winter gives way to unusuall... Mon goldstone report 3
More from around the web