Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,282
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
April James

Marcus Hook, PA

#5906 May 14, 2013
feedme more clay wrote:
<quoted text>i columbus were exactly
the name of the gas station is Pure and its on Benning Drive.
April James

Marcus Hook, PA

#5907 May 14, 2013
Looking For Dirt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have a website?
I haven't seen a website but will check and see.
Lovetheearth

Randallstown, MD

#5908 May 15, 2013
Thanks for all the help everyone! I got my Ghana clay yesterday from love4clay2 :)
chalkyyy

Ypsilanti, MI

#5909 May 15, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Angela,
Thank you so much I would love for you to ship some white dirt to me in the UK if you can. My email is: disham68@yahoo.co.uk I really look forward to hearing from you. I've tasted those crayola - they taste horrid. I tried the anti-dust pack of 12 white sticks. They have a clear coating around them which stops the chalk rubbing off on your hands. They weren't nice at all. I have a favourite brand of chalk made in the UK called stadium chalk. they taste yummy. They are soft, gritty and melt in the mouth - they just don't have that earthy taste I crave.
Were the crayola chalks you tasted the anti-dust kind?
I don't like the Anti Dust Chalks but the An Du Septic chalk is the best.
Info

Leicester, UK

#5911 May 15, 2013
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22015726 @N08/5631092010/sizes/l/in/pho tostream/
Info

Leicester, UK

#5912 May 15, 2013
Lets see if this one works!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22015726 @N08/5631092010/lightbox/
Info

Leicester, UK

#5913 May 15, 2013
Picture link not working. Its the Country Time Georgia White Dirt.
deepti

New Delhi, India

#5914 May 15, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
@deepthi , hmmm.. dats a nice home made option !;) got to try till i get it someday frm Royal!:) she was da one who offered me da red clay.. waiting fr da day she'll get it to me!! so sweet of her!!!:)
Hey deepthi, have u ever tried it? if so how did u feel wen having it?? da multani ryt now which z der at my home is of off white r a lil cream in color... if i bake it or roast it mixing it wid water, will it really turn into red chunk after
evaporating!??
yep...mine is also whitish n creamy....juz roast it...it vl turn into red crunchy powder....
Gagirl

San Antonio, TX

#5915 May 15, 2013
Im from georgia but I live I. Texas now and I crave chalk so bad and there is no way to get it. ):
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5916 May 15, 2013
chalkyyy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like the Anti Dust Chalks but the An Du Septic chalk is the best.
I've tried what I think is that Anti Dust Chalk and found it to be horrible (but then again it isn't meant to be chewed/eaten lol so I guess they don't make it to be tasty). I haven't tried An Du Septic but often have Crayola chalk that is just labelled 'Chalk'- nice and crunchy with just a little bit of grittiness to it. Just wish it had an earthy taste.

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5917 May 15, 2013
ATTENTION LADIES!

I know a lot of you have waited what has seemed like FOREVER for this news so I am beyond excited to have the original MAVU clay back in stock!!

So much that I'm going to be holding an INTRODUCTORY OFFER for both my old and new customers!

This means I'll be selling 300g bags for just 5 instead of the standard 6.50!
(max. 4 bags per customer)

This offer will be held in the First Hour of sale which will be on SUNDAY 19TH MAY @ 7PM-8PM GMT (make sure to check what time this is for you depending on which country you're in.)

By letting you know ahead of time I'm making sure that you have more than enough time to get ready as this is something you definitely DO NOT want to miss out on!

(This will also give me enough time to sort and bag the clay in time for the sale so that the orders can be efficiently shipped out on the Monday morning.)

If you have any questions that haven't been answered on the FAQ's page, or questions about the offer, don't hesitate to shoot an email at mavuseller@hotmail.co.uk and I'll get back to you!

Kind Regards,
MavuSeller
Clayaholic

UK

#5918 May 16, 2013
Ahhh mavu! Finally! You know I will be sat at my computer at 6.59pm lool one question for you, aside from the Sunday offer I'd like to buy 10kg. Is this feasible and do you do discounts??
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#5919 May 16, 2013
For those of us that also eat cornstarch there's a topic on here for that now.... Eating corn starch. They separated the word cornstarch. It only has 16 comments so far
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5920 May 16, 2013
Mmmm oh how I would love to have some crunchy , crumbly & then smooth earthy white dirt right now . My crave comes & go but sometimes I just wish I have an chunk to munch on to get me by .

Anyways , been off clay for a few months & I haven't switched to corn starch because most of you ladies suggest its not a good idea . Plus I like the earthy flavor & I doubt that cornstarch has that .

I hope everybody enjoys their clay , chalk & corn starch . I'm just sitting here watching videos .:)
mary tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5921 May 16, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
Ahhh mavu! Finally! You know I will be sat at my computer at 6.59pm lool one question for you, aside from the Sunday offer I'd like to buy 10kg. Is this feasible and do you do discounts??
@clayaholic never had the Mavu clay before please tell me what does the original taste like in your opinion? Is it creamy,chalkie ,crumbly,thick.gritty I Would love to know?
Indian Chalkie

Bangalore, India

#5922 May 16, 2013
This is great news Mavu Seller...would you also set the pricing based on the countries you ship it to as well. There is a lof o difference between buying this from US UK or ordering this from India as there is such a huge difference due to currency exchange. A bag of your clay at even 5 pounds plus shipping will cost me around 1000 indian rupees which is very very expensive. Considering things like multani mitti or slate pencils cost 5 to 20 rupees. Can you let me know if some discount can be provided ? If it cant..i'd understand as you have to look at your margin as well
chalkyyy

United States

#5923 May 16, 2013
willow wrote:
Is there any chalk eaters out there? Can sum 1. Tell me the best chalk to eat?

GO ON EBAY. An du septic chalks are yummy. It's by Crayola binney & smith

Since: May 13

United States

#5924 May 16, 2013
willow wrote:
Is there any chalk eaters out there? Can sum 1. Tell me the best chalk to eat?
A du septic chalks are best. It has an du septic on each stick of chalk. U can find it on ebay

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#5925 May 17, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
For those of us that also eat cornstarch there's a topic on here for that now.... Eating corn starch. They separated the word cornstarch. It only has 16 comments so far
I couldnot find it.

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5926 May 17, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
WOW 10kg!!!

Clayaholic, are you trying to buy me out?! Haha no it's fine we can just about manage to supply that order for you! And of course we are happy to do postage discounts for such large orders.

Please send me an email at mavuseller@hotmail.co.uk to discuss this further!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindenhurst Chiropractor Launches Nutrition Web... 17 min Wisdom 4
Mead, the honey-based brew producing a real buzz 48 min Donny B 4
Painless ways to save $826.05 (Nov '08) 1 hr Sarcastic Student 3
Morbidly obese woman created small goals and lo... 1 hr AMERICAN 1
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 1 hr I can read 210
Harvest of change 4 hr RustyS 2
Lawmaker wants pumpkin to be official Illinois pie 8 hr maxcat 1
•••

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE