Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,787
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5884 May 12, 2013
Hi munni were r u
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5885 May 12, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi munni were r u
Hi Shanu..

sorry fr not being in touch as i had troubles wid my internet connections.. had to stay away!

da moment its fixed dis was da first thing I opened.. Da FORUM!! ;) loll..

how have u been? how r u doing? nything happening ??
luv clay

Leicester, UK

#5887 May 12, 2013
clayer wrote:
<quoted text> its also sold on eBay and some of Tropical Markets online
How do i find it on ebay. I have been checking for a while now. thank you
April James

United States

#5888 May 12, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> hi April where do u get ur white dirt from?
I have a special gas station that I go to here in Columbus
Info

UK

#5889 May 12, 2013
April James wrote:
<quoted text> I have a special gas station that I go to here in Columbus
Hi, what is the name of the white dirt, which company is it.?
Looking For Dirt

Mcdonough, GA

#5890 May 12, 2013
Is there anybody here from Henry, Georgia? I would love to find where I can buy my own white dirt for cheap instead of buying a pound for $12. Any convent store or gas station or something?
ati

London, UK

#5891 May 12, 2013
ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
thank u so much:-)
NzuLoveer

Pasadena, TX

#5892 May 12, 2013
I want Nzu or calabash it's so good it melts in your mouth and it's roasted and sorta salty and creamy. I used to take 4 of them a day when she's not looking does anyone know where to get them?
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5893 May 13, 2013
@royal...

dear, Have u sent me ny pic?
ackee

Bronx, NY

#5894 May 13, 2013
Looking For Dirt wrote:
Is there anybody here from Henry, Georgia? I would love to find where I can buy my own white dirt for cheap instead of buying a pound for $12. Any convent store or gas station or something?
Mutt and Jeff on line sells 1lb for $1 plus shipping and handling. Only thing must buy ten lbs shipping comes out to $20 dollars.
deepti

New Delhi, India

#5895 May 13, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clayaholic!
Just as ladies initially from the forum asked for samples.. da same way... n not daily r regularly.. just once .. just to satisfy my cravings as a pregnant which started 5 mnths bak!! As I cudn't have nything nearby.. i had no other choice but asking ladies out here!!
Im sorry for asking it for free ... but I cant even afford to pay for it if I order from nywer.. nt even locally!!
look...d powder multani u get juzz mix it in water n make a paste thick paste...n juz kep it on stove or even betr roast it in oven....d water vl evaporate n wat u vl left wid is d roastd multani...juzz let it roast same way evn wen ehole watr gets evaprate...n den u vl get a nyc crunchy red powder...ummm tasty....
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5896 May 13, 2013
deepti wrote:
<quoted text>
look...d powder multani u get juzz mix it in water n make a paste thick paste...n juz kep it on stove or even betr roast it in oven....d water vl evaporate n wat u vl left wid is d roastd multani...juzz let it roast same way evn wen ehole watr gets evaprate...n den u vl get a nyc crunchy red powder...ummm tasty....
@deepthi , hmmm.. dats a nice home made option !;) got to try till i get it someday frm Royal!:) she was da one who offered me da red clay.. waiting fr da day she'll get it to me!! so sweet of her!!!:)

Hey deepthi, have u ever tried it? if so how did u feel wen having it?? da multani ryt now which z der at my home is of off white r a lil cream in color... if i bake it or roast it mixing it wid water, will it really turn into red chunk after evaporating!??
indian chalkie

Mumbai, India

#5897 May 13, 2013
Hi munni

Yes you can mix good quality multani mitti powder into a thick paste using water and spread it out on a plastic plate and dry out in the hot sun. It will dry up completely n get crunchy yummmmmm, the multanu mitti that ratnadeep supermarket sells is very creamy n non gritty. Plz do try. And no...this wont turn red after mixing or drying....it stays a pale khakhi color
April James

Marcus Hook, PA

#5898 May 13, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, what is the name of the white dirt, which company is it.?
Its called Georgia white dirt. The company name is Georgia red clay.
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5899 May 13, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, what is the name of the white dirt, which company is it.?
i columbus were exactly
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5900 May 13, 2013
http://ecovillagelife.wordpress.com/2007/09/2...

Have a look at that building, third picture down. I want it!
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5901 May 13, 2013
All things clay wrote:
http://ecovillagelife.wordpress.com/2007/09/2...
Have a look at that building, third picture down. I want it!
Omg that looks soo good . I wonder what it'll be like to have a chunk of that clay . How earthy it'll taste . Ill love to go there & dig up a bucket of that clay .
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5902 May 13, 2013
munni wrote:
@royal...
dear, Have u sent me ny pic?
yaa
mirbel

Cameroon

#5904 May 14, 2013
I am really praying thay God should help me stop eating this chalk. i am happy for u .u are able to stop completely
Concerned clay eater wrote:
Hello guys,
I had a most aweful experience this morning, I woke up with pains in my back and abdomen , white taking a shower the pains became unbearable I had to rush out of the shower so I could find place to sit, I was at this point shaking from the pain.
I knew it was the clay because I have felt this way before after eating clay but never this bad, I rushed to the toilet hoping to find relief , but it even got worse, at this point I was retching so badly , shaking and sweating. I was about to call my r
Housemate to call an ambulance! Yes! That is how bad it was.
After using the toilet several times , writhing in pain on my bed , it finally started to subside, I am now drinking lemon and hot water. Te pain is still there but I decided to come her a write this quickly.
I am going to throw the Rest of my clay away, I cannot keep telling myself that it is harmless , this is certainly a wake up call for me.
Ikow I will get craves, but I will take iron tabs and with time and Gods grace I will overcome this habit.
Looking For Dirt

Mcdonough, GA

#5905 May 14, 2013
April James wrote:
<quoted text> Its called Georgia white dirt. The company name is Georgia red clay.
Do they have a website?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) 10 hr Reddog 6
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 13 hr Deano 10
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 21 hr Deo Vindice 7
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) 23 hr Bundy 4 Prez 6
What's for dinner? Australia Thu J RULES 9
Goose and plum pudding: How German prisoners of... Thu Gabby 1
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling Dec 24 woodtick57 5
More from around the web