Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,342
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Clayaholic

UK

#5860 May 8, 2013
Flavoured cornstarch??!! So does that means cornstarch eaters go purely for the texture and are not on a quest for an earthy taste like us clay/dirt eaters??
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5861 May 8, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
Flavoured cornstarch??!! So does that means cornstarch eaters go purely for the texture and are not on a quest for an earthy taste like us clay/dirt eaters??
I can't speak for others but for me (who loves cornstarch and clay as well as other things) I look for an earthy taste where possible as well as a nice texture (I like dry things and prefer a bit of grittiness and love crunchy chunks).

I also love stuff that has a bit of a sour taste, which to me brings out the earthiness. I'm guessing that sour taste is what Kenya was trying to create by adding a bit of lemon juice to the starch and that's why I decided to try it. Cornstarch by itself isn't earthy - my favourite types have some flavour, but if something can be done to improve/help bring out the flavour I'm willing to give it a try.
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5862 May 9, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as i know.. nobody craved da way im doing it now as a preggy!! Though my mom knows dat pregnants smtyms feel lyk having non food items, one of them being dirt/clay.. she gave an inch of soft pottery peice just to see if i eat it as interetingly as other food items... dat day i had it!! n asked for a lil bit more. then she undrstud my Pica condition... bt from then on dint encourage me in ny way. At tat tym I found this forum wer all of u guys r openly discussing n sharing all da experiences u went thru n also being informative!
Hence, I thot someone atleast from here wud respond to me n help me satisfy my craving which z now very uncontrollable.!! Sadly, none of my close frnds r interested in having clay r stuff these!! my family ppl r against me having even a lil... n who else can I talk to other dan dis forum!
munni @ i will give you red clay with free of cost. you are asking every one . but u r not listening me at all i wont charge you any money. i will give you in free of cost , this is my last reply to you becoz i have replied you so many times but you dint respond at all.
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5863 May 9, 2013
munni wrote:
hi royal..
u said u'll send me a mail...
@munni but till now dint send me r shared ur mail id . so with out mail id hw can i send??????????
April James

United States

#5864 May 9, 2013
I love eating white dirt people tell me its harmful to me its gone hit me later on in life but its addiction but I have stop one time but started back. I live in Columbus Ga best white dirt ever.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5865 May 9, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
munni @ i will give you red clay with free of cost. you are asking every one . but u r not listening me at all i wont charge you any money. i will give you in free of cost , this is my last reply to you becoz i have replied you so many times but you dint respond at all.
ohh ROyal!!...

Ive responded to ur post dear... bt der was no response from u again.. neither in the forum nor thru email. thot to wait for ya reply . N Thank u so soooo much dat Uve understud my situatn n tryin to gimme wot i reallllly wanted to have!!! by da way... can u send me da picture of wot u gonna get me..?(just out of curiosity ;))
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5867 May 9, 2013
Hi royal i m responding can what is cost of clay andthanks for clay pics
can you send me this clay in lucknow
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#5870 May 9, 2013
April James wrote:
I love eating white dirt people tell me its harmful to me its gone hit me later on in life but its addiction but I have stop one time but started back. I live in Columbus Ga best white dirt ever.
hi April where do u get ur white dirt from?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5871 May 9, 2013
I'm really craving clay right now , I'll do anything to get my hands on some white dirt . I'm trying to resist myself into buying corn starch but these cravings are so strong . I'm trying to keep them under control . But it's really hard . Hopefully I can stay clean . *fingers crossed*
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5872 May 10, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
ohh ROyal!!...
Ive responded to ur post dear... bt der was no response from u again.. neither in the forum nor thru email. thot to wait for ya reply . N Thank u so soooo much dat Uve understud my situatn n tryin to gimme wot i reallllly wanted to have!!! by da way... can u send me da picture of wot u gonna get me..?(just out of curiosity ;))
@ munni how should i send pictures without ur email id
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5873 May 10, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi royal i m responding can what is cost of clay andthanks for clay pics
can you send me this clay in lucknow
@shanu i dont knw how to send to lucknow u only give me some idea!
Lovetheearth

Randallstown, MD

#5874 May 10, 2013
Anyone know someone selling Ghana unsalted clay in the US? I tried all substitutes but I'm completely addicted to the Ghana ayelo!
Clay Rock 1

United States

#5876 May 10, 2013
Lovetheearth wrote:
Anyone know someone selling Ghana unsalted clay in the US? I tried all substitutes but I'm completely addicted to the Ghana ayelo!
@ Love the earth try love4clay2@yahoo.com she located in Washington D C
clayer

United States

#5877 May 10, 2013
Lovetheearth wrote:
its also sold on eBay and some of Tropical Markets online
NzuLoveer

Pasadena, TX

#5878 May 11, 2013
Does anyone know what store I can buy nzu at in arlington??
NzuLoveer

Pasadena, TX

#5879 May 11, 2013
Does anyone know where and what store I can buy nzu at in Arlington. for a cheap price??
Clayaholic

UK

#5880 May 12, 2013
Mavu is the original clay here yet??!! We have been waiting for what seems like clay eaters eternity lol
ati

London, UK

#5881 May 12, 2013
hi friends
i m enjoying my wedding. no crave no clay so happy. i hope u all enjoying with ur clay . bye have fun
ackee

Bronx, NY

#5882 May 12, 2013
ati wrote:
hi friends
i m enjoying my wedding. no crave no clay so happy. i hope u all enjoying with ur clay . bye have fun
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!
Lcrazyk

Phoenix, AZ

#5883 May 12, 2013
Hi I would like a sample of ur red dirt clay if I like it ill buy it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To Eat This 8K-Calorie Breakfast, Sign a Waiver 36 min Parden Pard 1
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 2 hr Here Is One 302
Crew makes 1,126-pound bowl of Hawaii rice dish 3 hr Kid_Tomorrow 2
Who thinks KFC sucks (Aug '07) 9 hr Mark 9
Peter Lyons: Election is over, fire up the barbie 17 hr kiwis are pond scum 1
Paula Deen serves up another racism-scandal apo... Mon Harrisson 57
Man infested with tapeworms after eating sushi Mon barelyable2 3

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE