Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,624
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5812 May 4, 2013
Munni can u tell me what is the shipping cost at mavu
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5813 May 4, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Munni can u tell me what is the shipping cost at mavu
Shanu... unse main nahi puchi shipping cost ke bare me... puchke bataungi.. ;)
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5814 May 4, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
@Meeee258
I'm glad you received the clay finally! I don't know why yours took so long though as the majority of my US customers received theirs in 7-10 working days. Again please remember that from the moment that I send the clay I understandably lose some control over how long it takes and it all depends on the postal service.
However, for those international customers that can't stand the waiting you can always pay that little extra for it to come quicker or order ahead of time!
@All things clay
When do you think you are going to be in the UK? I can hold some for you free of charge as it would be cheaper for you that way and you don't have to feel rushed to order now. The original MAVU should be here by the 11th (fingers crossed!) just to give you a heads up!
Hi MavuSeller, I won't be there until late summer now (had been planning an earlier trip but can stay longer in late summer). So thanks for the offer to hold some, but that's a long time so perhaps too much to ask. What I do ask, though, is if you can continue to keep us posted on how your supplies are.

I've been having strong cravings now, which is why I was thinking of going ahead and ordering some to be delivered here - but I'm still nervous about possible problems with importing so I'll try to be patient and wait.

I love the original MAVU - can't wait to have some of that plus try the red...I've been craving something red for a long while now, even though I haven't had it before. It just seems to me like red dirt/clay has everything that I'm looking for.
Neville

Wellingborough, UK

#5815 May 4, 2013
It is a weird occurence that most people ignore. My daughter use to have such cravings from childhood. As she grew older the habit won't stop. I spoke to a pyschologist friend of mine and he referred me to an Archaeologist who told me it was evil and It is caused by a spirit with roots to Ancient Egypt. I got referred to a spiritualist who helped us and now my daughter is back to normal. You can contact him durajahna@aol.com ...I am sure he would be able to help.
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5816 May 4, 2013
Hi munni wher r u pls tell whta is the say yunus khan
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5817 May 5, 2013
Shanu wrote:
ive mailed him abt it but still no response from him yaar..
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5818 May 5, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
ive mailed him abt it but still no response from him yaar..
@munni you stay in dilshuknagar and i will stay in kothapet very near to me . give me your email id i will contact you and will give you red soil and i will satisfy ur craving

if you give me ur mail id first i will send you the pic of the red soil.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5820 May 5, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hey Shanu.. if u can gimme ya id , ill let u know the shipping details!
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5822 May 5, 2013
Hi royal
canyou ship the red clay soil in lucknow what is cost of clay
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5823 May 5, 2013
Hi munni royal my eamail id is rituvishal_chauhan@yahoo.com
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5824 May 5, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
@munni you stay in dilshuknagar and i will stay in kothapet very near to me . give me your email id i will contact you and will give you red soil and i will satisfy ur craving
if you give me ur mail id first i will send you the pic of the red soil.
Hi Royal, I would love to learn more about the Indian red soil. I probably will never get the chance to try it but just interested in what it's like. Is it very earthy?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#5825 May 5, 2013
It's been forever since I had crushed ice from a refrigerator . I love ice from restaurants but it seems to me that crushed ice from a refrigerator has like a different taste . It's not earthy but it's like the taste almost satisfy my cravings . But I know it's bad to crunch on ice because of your teeth but clay isn't present at the moment & I don't look weird eating ice in front of everybody so ! Happy pica everybody !
Soul Sista

Accra, Ghana

#5827 May 5, 2013
Neville wrote:
It is a weird occurence that most people ignore. My daughter use to have such cravings from childhood. As she grew older the habit won't stop. I spoke to a pyschologist friend of mine and he referred me to an Archaeologist who told me it was evil and It is caused by a spirit with roots to Ancient Egypt. I got referred to a spiritualist who helped us and now my daughter is back to normal. You can contact him durajahna@aol.com ...I am sure he would be able to help.
Really strange that clay cravings should be linked to evil and would need the help of a spiritualist. I thought it was a medical deficiency. Congratulations on your daughter being back to normal and wishing you all the best. If anyone on the forum contacts the spiritualist, please do let us know how you get on.
SA ex eater

Ashburn, VA

#5828 May 6, 2013
Managed 2 buy some clay n break my 10mnths without clay......d 1st tym i had a bite i askd myslf y i ws eating it coz i ddnt lyk d taste..i gues i grew out of it coz afta taking a bite 4 a few tymz it tasted beta...i cnt say i love it bcoz i only thnk of it whn m bored i tak a piece on a day,a vry smal piece it maks me relax bt m nt eating bcoz i crave it,i jst eat bcoz its here nw.....it cn b irresistable @ tymz......i hope u guys r stil doing wel..... Luv u
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5831 May 6, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Royal, I would love to learn more about the Indian red soil. I probably will never get the chance to try it but just interested in what it's like. Is it very earthy?
give me mail id i will send u the pics
Clayaholic

UK

#5832 May 6, 2013
Umm yh..so about the spiritualist. If you want true freedom from clay it will only come from God. Just thought I'd put that out there!:)
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5833 May 6, 2013
hi royal..

u said u'll send me a mail...
Mel

South Africa

#5834 May 6, 2013
Hi SA ex eater,

Which clay did u buy and can u tell me how much does the beige clay sell for in Jhb. I was in Jhb 2 weeks ago and I got some1 to buy me sum beige clay. I lyk the beige clay but I find dat some of it is not very clean, wen I break it into pieces I find small twigs and sometyms it has black spots on it, so I only eat da 1s that r clean. Can u let me knw were to get da red clay as I wanna knw if the taste is as same as the beige clay or different.

Thanks
Abazieu

United States

#5835 May 6, 2013
I am trying to figure out why everywhere I call no one seems to have the white clay anymore. The people that I know that sell it ordered it months ago and still have not received their shipment. I wonder why.
Clayaholic

UK

#5837 May 7, 2013
Abazieu wrote:
I am trying to figure out why everywhere I call no one seems to have the white clay anymore. The people that I know that sell it ordered it months ago and still have not received their shipment. I wonder why.
Which white clay are you talking about? Who sells it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two chocolate makers warn of huge annual deficit 12 min mr goodwrench 141
How Life's Code Emerged From Primordial Soup (Sep '09) 10 hr DanFromSmithville 144
Bread & Butter: Cool idea for Novato: ice cream... (Mar '13) 10 hr HaiYen 5
Fruit tree pruning workshop held today (Feb '09) Fri Michael2327 3
Illegal cigarettes could be filled with human e... Fri Taajsgpm 5
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Fri Truth Teller 17
Dauphin Island officials pitch $58 million beac... Fri I russell 1

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE