Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,786
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5786 May 2, 2013
Alexx wrote:
I ran out of my batch of clay a few weeks ago . I ate the clay pretty quick due to the fact it was baked & tasted soo good . But my cravings has come back & I'm trying my best to not think about clay , but y'all reviews on clays & these videos are making wish I had a chunk of white dirt . I kinda wanna try cornstarch since that's everybody substitute for white dirt . But I don't know how I could hide it w/o my parents asking questions . It's a tough call but I think I can manage .
Hi Alex,

From your comments, i understood dat ur love for clay z very high.. I have da same cravings!! not so far didn't get ny single chance to try either of the clays!!

I'm desperately waiting to have my fav red one.. but donno wen ill have it!

As you said you are controlling ur cravings, instead of going to cornstarch, u can continue on the clays you had earlier but in small quantities .. n der comes a day wer u can decrease da quantity n u myt even stop it once for all!

Can someone plsssss understand my urge n send me samples of red dirt... i'm pregnant n my cravings are raising everyday... I've requested many so far.. but no response! Lucky are those who can order n get the clays they love..! I'm unable to do so!!!:(
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5787 May 2, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Alex,
From your comments, i understood dat ur love for clay z very high.. I have da same cravings!! not so far didn't get ny single chance to try either of the clays!!
As you said you are controlling ur cravings, instead of going to cornstarch, u can continue on the clays you had earlier but in small quantities .. n der comes a day wer u can decrease da quantity n u myt even stop it once for all!
Can someone plsssss understand my urge n send me samples of red dirt... i'm pregnant n my cravings are raising everyday... I've requested many so far.. but no response! Lucky are those who can order n get the clays they love..! I'm unable to do so!!!:(
@munni

give me your mail id
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5790 May 3, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Alex,
Hi there,

I have heard that in Hyderabad if you go to local grocery store, you will find red dirt in powder form in small packets. I never tried it and never went to look for it. You can try if you want to.... In fact if you see, Hyderabad has got red dirt all over...but it's not good for health to eat from anywhere. Just try the local grocery store and ask if they have dirt that people eat. Don't be embarrassed, n tell them that you have heard that people eat clay for health n you just want to see. I don't think that craving clay is abnormal in any case or anyway... Moderation is the key though... I think you should eat good clay in moderation if you crave... Take care.

“www.mavu.bigcart el.com”

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5791 May 3, 2013
@Meeee258
I'm glad you received the clay finally! I don't know why yours took so long though as the majority of my US customers received theirs in 7-10 working days. Again please remember that from the moment that I send the clay I understandably lose some control over how long it takes and it all depends on the postal service.
However, for those international customers that can't stand the waiting you can always pay that little extra for it to come quicker or order ahead of time!

@All things clay
When do you think you are going to be in the UK? I can hold some for you free of charge as it would be cheaper for you that way and you don't have to feel rushed to order now. The original MAVU should be here by the 11th (fingers crossed!) just to give you a heads up!
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5792 May 3, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
@Meeee258
I'm glad you received the clay finally! I don't know why yours took so long though as the majority of my US customers received theirs in 7-10 working days. Again please remember that from the moment that I send the clay I understandably lose some control over how long it takes and it all depends on the postal service.
However, for those international customers that can't stand the waiting you can always pay that little extra for it to come quicker or order ahead of time!
@All things clay
When do you think you are going to be in the UK? I can hold some for you free of charge as it would be cheaper for you that way and you don't have to feel rushed to order now. The original MAVU should be here by the 11th (fingers crossed!) just to give you a heads up!
Hii Mavuseller,

I've already discussed about my craving with you on your FB page but der was still no response from You. Thot to speak to u here n hope u understand my craving n help me out!
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5793 May 3, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there,
I have heard that in Hyderabad if you go to local grocery store, you will find red dirt in powder form in small packets. I never tried it and never went to look for it. You can try if you want to.... In fact if you see, Hyderabad has got red dirt all over...but it's not good for health to eat from anywhere. Just try the local grocery store and ask if they have dirt that people eat. Don't be embarrassed, n tell them that you have heard that people eat clay for health n you just want to see. I don't think that craving clay is abnormal in any case or anyway... Moderation is the key though... I think you should eat good clay in moderation if you crave... Take care.
Hi Clayforhealth,

Thanks for ur valuable info on its availability in my place. But, as far as i know, i never heard of it available in small packets in any general store. But still i'll try my best to find out wer i can get it here. thank uuu :)
ati

London, UK

#5794 May 3, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clayforhealth,
Thanks for ur valuable info on its availability in my place. But, as far
as i know, i never heard of it available in small packets in any
general store. But still i'll try my best to find out wer i can get it
here. thank uuu :)
hey do u eat multani mitti?

London, UK

#5795 May 3, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hii Mavuseller,
I've already discussed about my craving with you on your FB page but der was still no response from You. Thot to speak to u here n hope u understand my craving n help me out!
Hi Munni!

Just letting you know that I've replied to your message on Facebook.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5796 May 3, 2013
ati wrote:
<quoted text>
hey do u eat multani mitti?
Hi ati,
i used to have it very long tym bak very rarely. stopped having it coz i felt its not for me cuz it actually sticks to my teeth and makes me feel gummy. I still have few chunks which my elder sis got it to use for face packs. looking at them i feel lyk munching a lil but due to its sticky feeling i gave up on it. Infact i like earthy and with a touch of gritty to the clay. hence, Slate pencil gives the taste smell n texture that i actually want.

Since: Jan 13

Pasadena, TX

#5800 May 3, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
@Meeee258
@All things clay
I know you had nothing to do with how long it took. I'm not blaming
You. I was just lending my opinion that to me the dirt tastes the same but it's neater in those rolls and it took longer to get here. It's just my thoughts. Tastes the same to me with longer wait time, more money for shipping and less bang (clay) for the buck. Just my opinion. If I lived closer I'd buy from u all the time. I think your customer service is good because u responded timely to my concern.
Indian Chalkie

Hyderabad, India

#5801 May 3, 2013
Hey Munni,

So sorry I couldn't reply earlier. However I see you've got MavuSeller to respond to you. All the best with your red clay :) I havent myself ever tasted it. With the shipping costs to India plus the quantity, it is wayyyy too expensive. Esp since a pound converted to indian rupees is more than 80 bucks

London, UK

#5803 May 3, 2013
@Meeee258
No that's completely fine! I just wanted to be clear that's all.
Thank you for the positivity!
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5804 May 3, 2013
Indian Chalkie wrote:
Hey Munni,
So sorry I couldn't reply earlier. However I see you've got MavuSeller to respond to you. All the best with your red clay :) I havent myself ever tasted it. With the shipping costs to India plus the quantity, it is wayyyy too expensive. Esp since a pound converted to indian rupees is more than 80 bucks
HI Indian Chalkie.. Yea.. got da response from Mavu :) I really liked the work shez doin. As you mentioned, its really a bit problematic for me as well to order from her. I guess I'm not da lucky gal to get my fav one from the famous Mavu !!:(

Hence, continuing to try n ask few more from the forum!!:( I dont want boxes n boxes or packages of red clay... just to satisfy my craving n to taste I need da red clay from any person who can let me taste it !!! waiting desperately !!
dirtnclay

UK

#5805 May 3, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
HI Indian Chalkie.. Yea.. got da response from Mavu :) I really liked the work shez doin. As you mentioned, its really a bit problematic for me as well to order from her. I guess I'm not da lucky gal to get my fav one from the famous Mavu !!:(
Hence, continuing to try n ask few more from the forum!!:( I dont want boxes n boxes or packages of red clay... just to satisfy my craving n to taste I need da red clay from any person who can let me taste it !!! waiting desperately !!
What do you mean? She didn't let you order? What do you mean problematic aswell? That's confusing. I ordered,(so have the many women on this forum) paid and got my clay.(And it was really satisfying at that) Can you explain?
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5806 May 3, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? She didn't let you order? What do you mean problematic aswell? That's confusing. I ordered,(so have the many women on this forum) paid and got my clay.(And it was really satisfying at that) Can you explain?
Hi dirtnclay..

U've totally misunderstud me. As my friend Indian Calkie mentioned in her comments, With the shipping costs to India plus the quantity, it is wayyyy too expensive. Esp since a pound converted to indian rupees is more than 80 bucks. N I've already spoken to Mavu about my personal situation tat I neither can pay to get my fav red clay coz i can't afford so much or lend some mny from any1 nor I can ask help from any one in my family as everyone r against it n not allowing me to have even an inch of it werever it z available.

Dats y I said in my previous comments dat its problematic for me... n I didn't say nything dat Mavu is not letting my order ... its my ppl here which z nt allowing me to have, even on request!

I hope I cleared ya confusion!
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5807 May 3, 2013
Hi munni
what is the cost of mavu clay i indian currency i cant convert the cost of clay
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5808 May 3, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi munni
Shanu,

white clay- Rs. 251.278 widout shipping as i donno the shipping cost from UK.

red - Rs. 335.082 widout shipping
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5809 May 3, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi munni
a new Mavu clay is of 544.39
shanu

Lucknow, India

#5810 May 3, 2013
hi munni you rvisit the page no. 265 there r a indian supplier yunus khan he is shippinngthe clay for u and cost is very cheap i know you want a gritty clay those you chew this and earthy taste
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5811 May 3, 2013
shanu wrote:
hi munni you rvisit the page no. 265 there r a indian supplier yunus khan he is shippinngthe clay for u and cost is very cheap i know you want a gritty clay those you chew this and earthy taste
Thank you Shanu...

Ill talk to him n see how can he help me in getting it! love u yaar!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... 2 hr Neville Thompson 9
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 9 hr Stupid old flag 4
What's for dinner? Australia 10 hr J RULES 9
Goose and plum pudding: How German prisoners of... 22 hr Gabby 1
Obama withdraws Alaska's Bristol Bay from drilling Wed woodtick57 5
Chasing Shadows: Carrabelle crabs and a hydroplane Wed csuzi10 1
The Cuisine of Puerto Rico (Apr '11) Tue medioguarddia 135
More from around the web