Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,793
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5745 Apr 30, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
@ munni where you live in Hyderabad becoz me also from hyderabad
i live in dsnr.. dilsukhnagar n u?
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5746 Apr 30, 2013
ati wrote:
<quoted text>
thank u:-) hey i like ur name
Thank u so much ati :)
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5747 Apr 30, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
i live in dsnr.. dilsukhnagar n u?
@munni i live in nagole.......
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5749 May 1, 2013
Munni eating clay during pregnency is a noramal when i was pregnent i eat clay i line muddy smell that is attract me so i eat clay multani bcs there r available only this clay i want chew this clay earthy taste
ati

London, UK

#5750 May 1, 2013
munni wrote:
@ royal
Im new to this thread but after reading n goin thru al the comments abt
al of ur interests in craving red/white clay made me enter this
column... cuz i started craving Red clay but havent had even a lil til
now... not even white!!!:( Im a pregnant from hyd n started developing
dis craving so recently... donno how to satisfy my craving!!!??
Satisfying means fulfillment of our needs or desires!
Its really lovely to learn dat u eat my fav red clay DAILY!!! but..
By ny one way or even by doing all the ways u mentioned, z also
satisfying ourselves the urge to eat clay..
munni is clay effect ur health?
becoz u r preganant how much clay u eat once time?
yaakkk

London, UK

#5751 May 1, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
WOW this forum has change over the last 3 month. We
don't have anymore interesting conversation about our clay habits .In
the past I use of couldn't wait to come check with the forum cause I
knew good information,friendly chats etc.Now it's plain Boring! Come on
Regulars lets get our Forum back.
i think you are so boring:->
becouse u dont want to stop this dirty habbit.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5752 May 1, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Munni eating clay during pregnency is a noramal when i was pregnent i eat clay i line muddy smell that is attract me so i eat clay multani bcs there r available only this clay i want chew this clay earthy taste
hi Shanu..

yea... i started liking it due to its muddy, earthy smell n taste! i tried multani but i dint lyk da sticky n gummy feeling .. slate pencil has another good texture while chewing.. n it also smells nice! ;)

i actually wanna try some real good red clay... my prblm z i cudn't go out alone to get it.. if ill go out, somebdy frm my family will accompany me n they wont allow me to take it!! I cudnt ask n express my craving to nybdy n feeling unsatisfied wid it..:(:(
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5753 May 1, 2013
ati wrote:
<quoted text>
munni is clay effect ur health?
becoz u r preganant how much clay u eat once time?
Ati.. i feel sad to say dat i want to have red clay but til date i dint taste even a bit of it!! n so my craving z increasing day by day... n i cant even express it to nyone... being afraid tat if i say dis to my mom or ny frnd to get it.... their first n last answer wud b NO!! only gals who r goin thru this craving n interest can only understand my urge to eat!!!:(

so far i tried slate pencils, n a lil pottery... which by god's grace didn;t effect my health... n ryt nw im a 7th mnth preggy ;)

I neva developed such a craving before but ryt now I jus really wana taste some enough red clay before i deliver my baby to satisfy my craving... donno wen it happens n how!!!!!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5754 May 1, 2013
Ladies who love cornstarch - can you share what is your favourite way of eating it? I know some people eat it straight from the box and some add water and let it form chunks, put it in the freezer, pour it directly into the cardboard box etc.

I just got a new box of Argo (was afraid they'd stopped importing it, but my regular store has it back) and it seems to be missing something...like it's too new (I like older starch). I've tried all of the above, but was wondering if there's any other methods I don't know about. Since I love chunks, I'd ideally like to turn it into some nice chunks so would love suggestions on the best way of doing this because my chunks in the past haven't always turned out good.

Thanks!
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5755 May 1, 2013
All things clay wrote:
Ladies who love cornstarch - can you share what is your favourite way of eating it? I know some people eat it straight from the box and some add water and let it form chunks, put it in the freezer, pour it directly into the cardboard box etc.
I just got a new box of Argo (was afraid they'd stopped importing it, but my regular store has it back) and it seems to be missing something...like it's too new (I like older starch). I've tried all of the above, but was wondering if there's any other methods I don't know about. Since I love chunks, I'd ideally like to turn it into some nice chunks so would love suggestions on the best way of doing this because my chunks in the past haven't always turned out good.
Thanks!
Hi ..
i just wanted to ask u out of my curiosity... how does cornstarch smell n taste?? never had it or smelled!!

Thanks!
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#5756 May 1, 2013
All things clay wrote:
Thanks!
Check out young lady on YT named Kenya Jones. Eating cornstarch red dirt Argo laundry starch and white dirt. She made cornstarch cupcakes.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5757 May 1, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ..
i just wanted to ask u out of my curiosity... how does cornstarch smell n taste?? never had it or smelled!!
Thanks!
Hi, to me it doesn't have any noticeable smell. The right type tastes real good (to me, anyway) and has a mild but pleasant flavour that is hard to describe - my favourite is a very popular brand, Argo in the box. It isn't earthy though. What I like about cornstarch is not only the taste but the texture. It is dry, powdery and squeaky and a big mouthful is just so satisfying. It's not to everybody's taste though.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5758 May 1, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> Check out young lady on YT named Kenya Jones. Eating cornstarch red dirt Argo laundry starch and white dirt. She made cornstarch cupcakes.
Thanks Mz libra; I had seen some of Kenya's videos before, but didn't know she had a couple of new ones - I just watched those.

I don't think the cupcakes would appeal to me, but the dried cornstarch chunks looked so good - I'm going to make some tonight using ice cold water and see how they turn out once they're dry. Those white dirt chunks looked good too!

I see that Kenya didn't like the baking soda. I shouldn't eat it, and DONT recommend it, but I will say that I LOVE baking soda especially when it's made into chunks. I never swallow it though, because of the high sodium plus I never have the urge to swallow it - just chewing is enough. It has got to be unhealthy though, especially for people who actually swallow it.

I'm off now to try to make my cornstarch chunks, even though I'm not sure how much water to add to get the best texture. The box is tasting better though (I guess leaving it open helped). I've already eaten about half the box....hope I'm not getting addicted to it again :(
Clayaholic

UK

#5759 May 1, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCu719rOfdz6lPsE...

Lady eating chalk!! Check it out ladies!

Seems more ppl are getting less ashamed of eating which is a good thing. I think sometimes we get too proud about living our lives the way we want to. Always fearing ppl judging us. Welp if you good in the eyes of God then its alright!:)
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5760 May 2, 2013
Hi munni
pls dont eat slate pen, clay pot bcs thats very harm ful your baby and u
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5761 May 2, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi munni
pls dont eat slate pen, clay pot bcs thats very harm ful your baby and u
Hi Shanu..

yes. i feel bad too about eating clay pots... n im tryin my best to walk away if i see them... bt slate pencil.. im unable to stop mysef..!

hope il get better wid time!!

Since: Mar 13

Bangalore, India

#5762 May 2, 2013
Its very strange to listen.Mostly in rainy season before raining some nice smell of clay comes.I likes it thought of eating also but never tried.
indian chalkie

India

#5763 May 2, 2013
Hi munni,

Welcome to the forum. I know ur pregnant n i shldn't be encouraging u but i know how strong these clay cravings can be so doing my bit to help u satisfy them. There is a seller on this forum called mavu seller who has a site called big cartel and she is selling some mouth watering clay n she ships to india. Why dont u chk out her site n correspond directly. And btw i am a fellow hyderabadi n have been eating slate pencils fr over 15 yrs....my fav brand is tiger slate pencils...yummmm munching on one right now
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5764 May 2, 2013
indian chalkie wrote:
Hi munni,
Welcome to the forum. I know ur pregnant n i shldn't be encouraging u but i know how strong these clay cravings can be so doing my bit to help u satisfy them. There is a seller on this forum called mavu seller who has a site called big cartel and she is selling some mouth watering clay n she ships to india. Why dont u chk out her site n correspond directly. And btw i am a fellow hyderabadi n have been eating slate pencils fr over 15 yrs....my fav brand is tiger slate pencils...yummmm munching on one right now
Does anyone know whether slate pencils are sold anywhere outside of India, especially in UK or US?
MzLibra

Newport News, VA

#5765 May 2, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mz libra; I had seen some of Kenya's videos before, but didn't know she had a couple of new ones - I just watched those.
I don't think the cupcakes would appeal to me, but the dried cornstarch chunks looked so good - I'm going to make some tonight using ice cold water and see how they turn out once they're dry. Those white dirt chunks looked good too!
I see that Kenya didn't like the baking soda. I shouldn't eat it, and DONT recommend it, but I will say that I LOVE baking soda especially when it's made into chunks. I never swallow it though, because of the high sodium plus I never have the urge to swallow it - just chewing is enough. It has got to be unhealthy though, especially for people who actually swallow it.
I'm off now to try to make my cornstarch chunks, even though I'm not sure how much water to add to get the best texture. The box is tasting better though (I guess leaving it open helped). I've already eaten about half the box....hope I'm not getting addicted to it again :(
How did your cornstarch chunks turn out? Both of my boxes of cornstarch are gone. Its been a week without any. Watching the videos have helped so, I'm going to see how long I can last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Caesars cements deal 5 hr yummy 21
Big Daddy's now open in Live Oak (Nov '08) 7 hr fuilcrew 174
The effects of the BP oil spill on Las Vegas (Jun '10) 13 hr Viewer 7
For a meat-centric dinner, meet at Skrine Chops (Jan '08) Fri Reddog 6
For Australian Christmas, Everything's Overturn... Fri Deano 10
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years Fri Deo Vindice 7
What's for dinner? Australia Thu J RULES 9
More from around the web