Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,273
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5724 Apr 26, 2013
Hi seema ,sunita which clay do u eat

Since: Jan 13

Pasadena, TX

#5725 Apr 27, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@ Meeee258 what type of clay are you waiting on?

Hi Mary,

Im waiting in the clay from Mavu seller. This is day 10 no clay...

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#5726 Apr 27, 2013
Meeee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mary,
Im waiting in the clay from Mavu seller. This is day 10 no clay...
@ Meeee258 I hope Its come Soon for You I know the feeling and keep us posted .
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5727 Apr 27, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
I've gotta stop eating cornstarch!!!! It makes me upset when I eat it & it makes me upset when I don't have it. I wish this craving this Pica never came my way. I have two boxes and both are almost gone. Who eats two boxes of cornstarch at one time,ME!!!!! I want over this habit!!!!!!!!!!
I know the feeling Mz libra - when I was addicted to cornstarch I HAD to have it. In my case even though I knew it wasn't good to eat it having it far outweighed that feeling - I had comfort in knowing I had a supply.

I wouldn't call myself addicted now, I only have it now and then BUT that feeling of comfort of having it is still there. I love Argo in the box, but noticed lately that my regular supermarket doesn't have any. Went to the biggest supermarket here and didn't see any either. I'm going to have to search around all over to try to find some and stock up just in case they've stopped importing it (like they apparently did once before, round about the time that Argo in the plastic can came out).
CHUCHU

Abuja, Nigeria

#5728 Apr 27, 2013
Heaven wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry, theres not bad side effect or anything. I've been eating clay since I was 8 , and now im 17. I Love the taste of it, and I love how it melts in your mouth. But this craving is known as a pica disorder. According to 'The Clay Cure' by Ran Knishinsky, clay can be credited by healing a wide range of illnesses. These include constipation, diarrhea, anemia, chronic infections, skin aliments such as eczema and acne. The particles of clay are said to carry a negative electical charge, whereas impurities, or toxins carry a positive electical charge.
When we eat clay,the positively charged toxins are attracted by the negatively charged edges of the clay mineral. An exchange reaction occurs where the clay swaps it ions for those of the other substance. Electrically satisfied, it holds the toxin in suspension until the body can eliminate both.(:
It could probably be true that clay can cure all that, but my doc says dat it causes heavy menstral flow. i speak from experience so i try not to eat it whenever my period is close at hand.
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#5729 Apr 27, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the feeling Mz libra - when I was addicted to cornstarch I HAD to have it. In my case even though I knew it wasn't good to eat it having it far outweighed that feeling - I had comfort in knowing I had a supply.
I wouldn't call myself addicted now, I only have it now and then BUT that feeling of comfort of having it is still there. I love Argo in the box, but noticed lately that my regular supermarket doesn't have any. Went to the biggest supermarket here and didn't see any either. I'm going to have to search around all over to try to find some and stock up just in case they've stopped importing it (like they apparently did once before, round about the time that Argo in the plastic can came out).
once these two boxes are gone hopefully I will be done
CLAY DIVA

Lumberton, TX

#5730 Apr 28, 2013
BhaajkiMaatiLover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,
I received Ghanaian clay from UK. However, it's not the clay that I'm used to eating. Would you like tht instead? I could send it to you.
:)
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#5731 Apr 28, 2013
Besides being characteristing of pica, it could also mean a certain salt deficiency that the clay itself remedies.
Wahits

Nairobi, Kenya

#5732 Apr 29, 2013
I tell myself that am gonna stop eating clay everyday.but i have been eating it almost daily for the last 12 years.i really want to stop.
clay clay

Marcus Hook, PA

#5733 Apr 29, 2013
Wahits wrote:
I tell myself that am gonna stop eating clay everyday.but i have been eating it almost daily for the last 12 years.i really want to stop.
just discipline yourself. I also couldn't go without clay but its almost a month now and still going without it. Just try it.
SA ex eater

Ashburn, VA

#5735 Apr 29, 2013
Iv bee n off clay 4 10mnths n i knw i cn go 4 long without it but 2day i sooo wntd 2 buy...i even told maslf dat i wil buy after work bt whn i ws off wrk i got a lift n could not buy whr i ws supposed to...anyway after a got off d car i had 2 walk n i passed a lady selling it....luckily i ddnt have enough coins i only had notes n i cudnt change it jst because of clay....so 2day i ws vry lucky...d way d cravings wer during d day i thot i cudnt do it bt m here nw,wth no clay bt fyn...i hope 2mrw dy dnt cum bk d way dy wer 2day because if dy do dn m dfntly buying.... God bless me! Guys how r u holding up?
clay clay

Marcus Hook, PA

#5736 Apr 29, 2013
SA ex eater wrote:
Iv bee n off clay 4 10mnths n i knw i cn go 4 long without it but 2day i sooo wntd 2 buy...i even told maslf dat i wil buy after work bt whn i ws off wrk i got a lift n could not buy whr i ws supposed to...anyway after a got off d car i had 2 walk n i passed a lady selling it....jluckily i ddnt have enough coins i only had notes n i cudnt change it jst because of clay....so 2day i ws vry lucky...d way d cravings wer during d day i thot i cudnt do it bt m here nw,wth no clay bt fyn...i hope 2mrw dy dnt cum bk d way dy wer 2day because if dy do dn m dfntly buying.... God bless me! Guys how r u holding up?
i am also doing such a wonderful job. Almost a month clay with no clay. I used to eat about 5 pieces of clay everyday. My cravings coming back though but i have vowed not eat it again.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#5737 Apr 29, 2013
clay clay wrote:
<quoted text>
i am also doing such a wonderful job. Almost a month clay with no clay. I used to eat about 5 pieces of clay everyday. My cravings coming back though but i have vowed not eat it again.
Try eating foods with slightly high salt contents, or savoury foods like aubergine and tomatoes with cheese -- that might help.

Since: Jan 13

United States

#5738 Apr 29, 2013
Still no clay... Losing faith
ati

London, UK

#5739 Apr 30, 2013
no craving no clay so happy:-)
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5740 Apr 30, 2013
can one is there to answer my question?
the question is simple what is the meaning of satisfy?

did any body think that how you people are satisfying with clay ( i mean any type of clay ).

wheather you satisfy by putting it in your mouth or by seeing the clay or by smelling the clay or by swallowing the clay?

i am very big clay eater i eat red soil and white dirt.every day

how we will satisfy mean.........
when put the clay in our mouth and we start crunching or breaking the clay into small tiny pieces and when the clay mixes with our saliva(water which is there in our mouth) there will be flavor (smell) coming out and we will smell the paste with our mouth at that time we will satisfy the flavor of both clay and saliva. once think and check out while you people are eating the clay. so
guys just dont swallow the paste spit out the stuff after getting the flavor in your mouth spit out the stuff it will wont give any flavor while you are swallowing and putting it in your stomach

munni

Hyderabad, India

#5741 Apr 30, 2013
@ royal

Im new to this thread but after reading n goin thru al the comments abt al of ur interests in craving red/white clay made me enter this column... cuz i started craving Red clay but havent had even a lil til now... not even white!!!:( Im a pregnant from hyd n started developing dis craving so recently... donno how to satisfy my craving!!!??

Satisfying means fulfillment of our needs or desires!

Its really lovely to learn dat u eat my fav red clay DAILY!!! but..

By ny one way or even by doing all the ways u mentioned, z also satisfying ourselves the urge to eat clay..
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5742 Apr 30, 2013
ati wrote:
no craving no clay so happy:-)
U're so strong!!

b happy
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5743 Apr 30, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
U're so strong!!
b happy
@ munni where you live in Hyderabad becoz me also from hyderabad
ati

London, UK

#5744 Apr 30, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
U're so strong!!
b happy
thank u:-) hey i like ur name

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Miguels Jr. The Most Popular Mexican Res... (Feb '10) 2 hr colorado 30
Multicooker recommendations? 4 hr Lizzza 5
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) 7 hr Lauren123 63
'Popcorn Capital of the World' losing its histo... 9 hr jobo 1
Eating well on the road Thu on the road 2
Ay Chiwowa's new menu from Chef Kevin Hickey Thu Anonymous 1
How Elizabeth Warren will harm fast food worker... Thu Monty 2
•••

Food People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE