Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9224 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5795 May 3, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
Hii Mavuseller,
I've already discussed about my craving with you on your FB page but der was still no response from You. Thot to speak to u here n hope u understand my craving n help me out!
Hi Munni!

Just letting you know that I've replied to your message on Facebook.
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5796 May 3, 2013
ati wrote:
<quoted text>
hey do u eat multani mitti?
Hi ati,
i used to have it very long tym bak very rarely. stopped having it coz i felt its not for me cuz it actually sticks to my teeth and makes me feel gummy. I still have few chunks which my elder sis got it to use for face packs. looking at them i feel lyk munching a lil but due to its sticky feeling i gave up on it. Infact i like earthy and with a touch of gritty to the clay. hence, Slate pencil gives the taste smell n texture that i actually want.

Since: Jan 13

Houston, TX

#5800 May 3, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
@Meeee258
I'm glad you received the clay finally! I don't know why yours took so long though as the majority of my US customers received theirs in 7-10 working days. Again please remember that from the moment that I send the clay I understandably lose some control over how long it takes and it all depends on the postal service.
However, for those international customers that can't stand the waiting you can always pay that little extra for it to come quicker or order ahead of time!
@All things clay
When do you think you are going to be in the UK? I can hold some for you free of charge as it would be cheaper for you that way and you don't have to feel rushed to order now. The original MAVU should be here by the 11th (fingers crossed!) just to give you a heads up!
I know you had nothing to do with how long it took. I'm not blaming
You. I was just lending my opinion that to me the dirt tastes the same but it's neater in those rolls and it took longer to get here. It's just my thoughts. Tastes the same to me with longer wait time, more money for shipping and less bang (clay) for the buck. Just my opinion. If I lived closer I'd buy from u all the time. I think your customer service is good because u responded timely to my concern.
Indian Chalkie

Shakurpur, India

#5801 May 3, 2013
Hey Munni,

So sorry I couldn't reply earlier. However I see you've got MavuSeller to respond to you. All the best with your red clay :) I havent myself ever tasted it. With the shipping costs to India plus the quantity, it is wayyyy too expensive. Esp since a pound converted to indian rupees is more than 80 bucks

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5803 May 3, 2013
@Meeee258
No that's completely fine! I just wanted to be clear that's all.
Thank you for the positivity!
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5804 May 3, 2013
Indian Chalkie wrote:
Hey Munni,
So sorry I couldn't reply earlier. However I see you've got MavuSeller to respond to you. All the best with your red clay :) I havent myself ever tasted it. With the shipping costs to India plus the quantity, it is wayyyy too expensive. Esp since a pound converted to indian rupees is more than 80 bucks
HI Indian Chalkie.. Yea.. got da response from Mavu :) I really liked the work shez doin. As you mentioned, its really a bit problematic for me as well to order from her. I guess I'm not da lucky gal to get my fav one from the famous Mavu !!:(

Hence, continuing to try n ask few more from the forum!!:( I dont want boxes n boxes or packages of red clay... just to satisfy my craving n to taste I need da red clay from any person who can let me taste it !!! waiting desperately !!
dirtnclay

Manchester, UK

#5805 May 3, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
HI Indian Chalkie.. Yea.. got da response from Mavu :) I really liked the work shez doin. As you mentioned, its really a bit problematic for me as well to order from her. I guess I'm not da lucky gal to get my fav one from the famous Mavu !!:(
Hence, continuing to try n ask few more from the forum!!:( I dont want boxes n boxes or packages of red clay... just to satisfy my craving n to taste I need da red clay from any person who can let me taste it !!! waiting desperately !!
What do you mean? She didn't let you order? What do you mean problematic aswell? That's confusing. I ordered,(so have the many women on this forum) paid and got my clay.(And it was really satisfying at that) Can you explain?
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5806 May 3, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean? She didn't let you order? What do you mean problematic aswell? That's confusing. I ordered,(so have the many women on this forum) paid and got my clay.(And it was really satisfying at that) Can you explain?
Hi dirtnclay..

U've totally misunderstud me. As my friend Indian Calkie mentioned in her comments, With the shipping costs to India plus the quantity, it is wayyyy too expensive. Esp since a pound converted to indian rupees is more than 80 bucks. N I've already spoken to Mavu about my personal situation tat I neither can pay to get my fav red clay coz i can't afford so much or lend some mny from any1 nor I can ask help from any one in my family as everyone r against it n not allowing me to have even an inch of it werever it z available.

Dats y I said in my previous comments dat its problematic for me... n I didn't say nything dat Mavu is not letting my order ... its my ppl here which z nt allowing me to have, even on request!

I hope I cleared ya confusion!
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5807 May 3, 2013
Hi munni
what is the cost of mavu clay i indian currency i cant convert the cost of clay
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5808 May 3, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi munni
what is the cost of mavu clay i indian currency i cant convert the cost of clay
Shanu,

white clay- Rs. 251.278 widout shipping as i donno the shipping cost from UK.

red - Rs. 335.082 widout shipping
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5809 May 3, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi munni
what is the cost of mavu clay i indian currency i cant convert the cost of clay
a new Mavu clay is of 544.39
shanu

Mumbai, India

#5810 May 3, 2013
hi munni you rvisit the page no. 265 there r a indian supplier yunus khan he is shippinngthe clay for u and cost is very cheap i know you want a gritty clay those you chew this and earthy taste
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5811 May 3, 2013
shanu wrote:
hi munni you rvisit the page no. 265 there r a indian supplier yunus khan he is shippinngthe clay for u and cost is very cheap i know you want a gritty clay those you chew this and earthy taste
Thank you Shanu...

Ill talk to him n see how can he help me in getting it! love u yaar!:)
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5812 May 4, 2013
Munni can u tell me what is the shipping cost at mavu
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5813 May 4, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Munni can u tell me what is the shipping cost at mavu
Shanu... unse main nahi puchi shipping cost ke bare me... puchke bataungi.. ;)
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5814 May 4, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
@Meeee258
I'm glad you received the clay finally! I don't know why yours took so long though as the majority of my US customers received theirs in 7-10 working days. Again please remember that from the moment that I send the clay I understandably lose some control over how long it takes and it all depends on the postal service.
However, for those international customers that can't stand the waiting you can always pay that little extra for it to come quicker or order ahead of time!
@All things clay
When do you think you are going to be in the UK? I can hold some for you free of charge as it would be cheaper for you that way and you don't have to feel rushed to order now. The original MAVU should be here by the 11th (fingers crossed!) just to give you a heads up!
Hi MavuSeller, I won't be there until late summer now (had been planning an earlier trip but can stay longer in late summer). So thanks for the offer to hold some, but that's a long time so perhaps too much to ask. What I do ask, though, is if you can continue to keep us posted on how your supplies are.

I've been having strong cravings now, which is why I was thinking of going ahead and ordering some to be delivered here - but I'm still nervous about possible problems with importing so I'll try to be patient and wait.

I love the original MAVU - can't wait to have some of that plus try the red...I've been craving something red for a long while now, even though I haven't had it before. It just seems to me like red dirt/clay has everything that I'm looking for.
Neville

Bromborough, UK

#5815 May 4, 2013
It is a weird occurence that most people ignore. My daughter use to have such cravings from childhood. As she grew older the habit won't stop. I spoke to a pyschologist friend of mine and he referred me to an Archaeologist who told me it was evil and It is caused by a spirit with roots to Ancient Egypt. I got referred to a spiritualist who helped us and now my daughter is back to normal. You can contact him [email protected] ...I am sure he would be able to help.
Shanu

Ashburn, VA

#5816 May 4, 2013
Hi munni wher r u pls tell whta is the say yunus khan
munni

Hyderabad, India

#5817 May 5, 2013
Shanu wrote:
Hi munni wher r u pls tell whta is the say yunus khan
ive mailed him abt it but still no response from him yaar..
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5818 May 5, 2013
munni wrote:
<quoted text>
ive mailed him abt it but still no response from him yaar..
@munni you stay in dilshuknagar and i will stay in kothapet very near to me . give me your email id i will contact you and will give you red soil and i will satisfy ur craving

if you give me ur mail id first i will send you the pic of the red soil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Federal subsidy failing to keep northern food h... 2 hr yet 1
News Backyard chickens spur debate in central Ohio c... 3 hr Seriouslady 8
News Anthony's gets its brick oven, looks to open in... (Mar '16) 6 hr zbf 6
News How Northeast Mississippi farmers, scientists a... 8 hr Short sight 1
News Raiderettes Visit Japan - Group 2 (Feb '06) 14 hr karinoweb 129
News Magnificent Macedonia is one of Europe's undisc... Sat makedonas from ci... 268
News Clay County native, veteran starting organic ca... Dec 2 MARY W 1
More from around the web