Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
5,321 - 5,340 of 8,105 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Yunus khan

Ashburn, VA

#5581 Apr 16, 2013
ameesha wrote:
can u send me image roasted clay yunus khan
oh yes send my your mail id my id shirmalyunus.khan@yahoo.com
ati

London, UK

#5582 Apr 16, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
Does the Georgia kaolin clay, Leslie's clay,
mavuseller's clay, soul sista's clay and all the others who are selling
on the forum guarantee that their clay is tested as per the standards
and does not have the 5 metals above the level required as mentioned by
bluestoneclay. In fact whatever be it chalk, DE, white clay, red clay,
yellow, green, black or grey, is it safe. If yes I would love to buy
from the forum as I have been buying from clay remedies but their clay
sticks like anything which I don't like. I love the earthy smell and my
flavour is more for a gritty, earthy crunchy but I I don't want to eat
anything and everything which is not good for health... I can control
and thank god for that. Please lemme know if there's any lay matching my
taste which is safe to eat....
are u stop eating clay?
i can also control my craving.
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5583 Apr 16, 2013
Ati, I eat clay for health purposes only. I eat 1 gram per 30 lbs of body weight.... So for me I eat only around 4 grams of clay each day.. And I just don't like multani mitti.i get my clay from clay remedies, USA....
dirtnclay

London, UK

#5584 Apr 16, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
Ati, I eat clay for health purposes only. I eat 1 gram per 30 lbs of body weight.... So for me I eat only around 4 grams of clay each day.. And I just don't like multani mitti.i get my clay from clay remedies, USA....
Yeah so I don't think you'll find the type of clay you're looking for here. Not for tested health purposes as you seek. The forum sellers sell their clay as novelty so its up to you to eat it or not. As for me, I'm not fussed if its tested or not as I always bake my clay before eating and at the end of the day its my prerogative. Plus I don't think my grandmother in Africa tested her clay for all them levels before she ate it lol

All the clays sold here have been eaten for years in their respective countries so there's no worry from me.
Pica_Chu

Willingboro, NJ

#5585 Apr 16, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
what kind of clay do you order and what does it taste like?:)
Smash

Liverpool, UK

#5586 Apr 16, 2013
I'm addicted to mabele clay and I need help to stop eating it, right now I'm craving from some and I need to know what makes it so addictive

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#5587 Apr 16, 2013
Mavu emailed say clay on the way.... Yeah!!! I'm in the us... How long it takes for it to get here. OAN: I was talking about price the other day and seems like some got offened. With Leslie dirt you get clay in pounds. With Mavu it's by the piece so I thought it was a lil high and expressed it. It's no issue just asking and expressing like everyone here. Can't wait to try the new clay....
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#5588 Apr 17, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Sure I would also love to try some but I'm in the U.S.
hi Mary if you want the clay I will post you you pay The postage charges...
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5589 Apr 17, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah so I don't think you'll find the type of clay you're looking for here. Not for tested health purposes as you seek. The forum sellers sell their clay as novelty so its up to you to eat it or not. As for me, I'm not fussed if its tested or not as I always bake my clay before eating and at the end of the day its my prerogative. Plus I don't think my grandmother in Africa tested her clay for all them levels before she ate it lol
All the clays sold here have been eaten for years in their respective countries so there's no worry from me.
I think its important to note, testing clay is important, but more important is historical use, if "grandmother in Africa" has gotten her clay from a source that was used by her ancestors for ever, the clay is proven safe. The same can be said for native use of clays in America and Australia.
That is what is looked for when applying for a health product number.
Clayforhealth

Chennai, India

#5590 Apr 17, 2013
Pica_Chu wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of clay do you order and what does it taste like?:)
Hey, the one I eat is in chunks form. The moment you bite into it, it starts to stick everywhere in your mouth. N then you have really workout with your tongue . It doesnot have any earthy flavour or smell but its creamy. Most important is it helps to detoxify and have a good health.. I would say its not for taste, it's for health.
pica_Chu

Marcus Hook, PA

#5591 Apr 17, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the one I eat is in chunks form. The moment you bite into it, it starts to stick everywhere in your mouth. N then you have really workout with your tongue . It doesnot have any earthy flavour or smell but its creamy. Most important is it helps to detoxify and have a good health.. I would say its not for taste, it's for health.
Oh ok thank you :)
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5592 Apr 17, 2013
Why can't be there a clay festival every year where we can taste different types of clay, buy different types... Wow I wonder what'll happen... Everybody will crazy. A buffet of clays... Lol
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5593 Apr 17, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks !!!!!

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#5594 Apr 17, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
Why can't be there a clay festival every year where we can taste different types of clay, buy different types... Wow I wonder what'll happen... Everybody will crazy. A buffet of clays... Lol
Sandersville, Georgia has a kaolin clay fest every year. but i don't think its for clay tasting, but I don't see why you can't go and sneak a nibble. LOL.
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

#5595 Apr 17, 2013
deepti wrote:
<quoted text>
How ur sis nw....n how old is she nw..???
She is 40 now. She went thru several treatments for years and finally after artificial isemination had twins....all her teeth have lost enamel...girls who have irregular periods start going to gynecology right away and stop clay...iron pills and orange juice and cilantro water will HELP.....god bless
farideh

Michigan City, IN

#5596 Apr 17, 2013
I am addicted to eating crayola white chalk
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5598 Apr 17, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
<quoted text>
Clayforhealth@ me too from hyderbad the clay wat you eat is kadi?
Clayforhealth

India

#5599 Apr 17, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
Clayforhealth@ me too from hyderbad the clay wat you eat is kadi?
I get my clay from USA.
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5600 Apr 18, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
<quoted text>
I get my clay from USA.
Clayforhealth @ you are not from hyderabad?
deepti

UK

#5601 Apr 18, 2013
Riskier wrote:
<quoted text>
She is 40 now. She went thru several treatments for years and finally after artificial isemination had twins....all her teeth have lost enamel...girls who have irregular periods start going to gynecology right away and stop clay...iron pills and orange juice and cilantro water will HELP.....god bless
Hmm I hve a control on me nw a dayz...dun feel lyk eating...although m not hvn any pils..or nythn...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's your favorite dessert? 2 hr blub 13
Shake shops becoming cool spots to hang out (May '11) 10 hr Dave Campbell 82
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 11 hr Here Is One 185
Lukin's Brick Oven Pizza & Lounge to Open on Va... (Oct '12) 13 hr LOL 33
Volunteers needed for Smokin' JazzVolunteers ne... 13 hr gcbakop 1
First Saturday, Free Barre Class: Your Weekend (Aug '13) 16 hr Vicki Otto 4
'Racist' US diplomat says Indian 'vegetarians..... (Jan '14) Fri Dinie 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••