Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9021 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Smash

Liverpool, UK

#5586 Apr 16, 2013
I'm addicted to mabele clay and I need help to stop eating it, right now I'm craving from some and I need to know what makes it so addictive

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#5587 Apr 16, 2013
Mavu emailed say clay on the way.... Yeah!!! I'm in the us... How long it takes for it to get here. OAN: I was talking about price the other day and seems like some got offened. With Leslie dirt you get clay in pounds. With Mavu it's by the piece so I thought it was a lil high and expressed it. It's no issue just asking and expressing like everyone here. Can't wait to try the new clay....
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#5588 Apr 17, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Sure I would also love to try some but I'm in the U.S.
hi Mary if you want the clay I will post you you pay The postage charges...
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5589 Apr 17, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah so I don't think you'll find the type of clay you're looking for here. Not for tested health purposes as you seek. The forum sellers sell their clay as novelty so its up to you to eat it or not. As for me, I'm not fussed if its tested or not as I always bake my clay before eating and at the end of the day its my prerogative. Plus I don't think my grandmother in Africa tested her clay for all them levels before she ate it lol
All the clays sold here have been eaten for years in their respective countries so there's no worry from me.
I think its important to note, testing clay is important, but more important is historical use, if "grandmother in Africa" has gotten her clay from a source that was used by her ancestors for ever, the clay is proven safe. The same can be said for native use of clays in America and Australia.
That is what is looked for when applying for a health product number.
Clayforhealth

Chennai, India

#5590 Apr 17, 2013
Pica_Chu wrote:
<quoted text>
what kind of clay do you order and what does it taste like?:)
Hey, the one I eat is in chunks form. The moment you bite into it, it starts to stick everywhere in your mouth. N then you have really workout with your tongue . It doesnot have any earthy flavour or smell but its creamy. Most important is it helps to detoxify and have a good health.. I would say its not for taste, it's for health.
pica_Chu

Marcus Hook, PA

#5591 Apr 17, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the one I eat is in chunks form. The moment you bite into it, it starts to stick everywhere in your mouth. N then you have really workout with your tongue . It doesnot have any earthy flavour or smell but its creamy. Most important is it helps to detoxify and have a good health.. I would say its not for taste, it's for health.
Oh ok thank you :)
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5592 Apr 17, 2013
Why can't be there a clay festival every year where we can taste different types of clay, buy different types... Wow I wonder what'll happen... Everybody will crazy. A buffet of clays... Lol
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5593 Apr 17, 2013
dirtnclay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah so I don't think you'll find the type of clay you're looking for here. Not for tested health purposes as you seek. The forum sellers sell their clay as novelty so its up to you to eat it or not. As for me, I'm not fussed if its tested or not as I always bake my clay before eating and at the end of the day its my prerogative. Plus I don't think my grandmother in Africa tested her clay for all them levels before she ate it lol
All the clays sold here have been eaten for years in their respective countries so there's no worry from me.
Thanks !!!!!

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#5594 Apr 17, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
Why can't be there a clay festival every year where we can taste different types of clay, buy different types... Wow I wonder what'll happen... Everybody will crazy. A buffet of clays... Lol
Sandersville, Georgia has a kaolin clay fest every year. but i don't think its for clay tasting, but I don't see why you can't go and sneak a nibble. LOL.
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

#5595 Apr 17, 2013
deepti wrote:
<quoted text>
How ur sis nw....n how old is she nw..???
She is 40 now. She went thru several treatments for years and finally after artificial isemination had twins....all her teeth have lost enamel...girls who have irregular periods start going to gynecology right away and stop clay...iron pills and orange juice and cilantro water will HELP.....god bless
farideh

Michigan City, IN

#5596 Apr 17, 2013
I am addicted to eating crayola white chalk
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5598 Apr 17, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the one I eat is in chunks form. The moment you bite into it, it starts to stick everywhere in your mouth. N then you have really workout with your tongue . It doesnot have any earthy flavour or smell but its creamy. Most important is it helps to detoxify and have a good health.. I would say its not for taste, it's for health.
Clayforhealth@ me too from hyderbad the clay wat you eat is kadi?
Clayforhealth

India

#5599 Apr 17, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
Clayforhealth@ me too from hyderbad the clay wat you eat is kadi?
I get my clay from USA.
royal

Hyderabad, India

#5600 Apr 18, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
<quoted text>
I get my clay from USA.
Clayforhealth @ you are not from hyderabad?
deepti

UK

#5601 Apr 18, 2013
Riskier wrote:
<quoted text>
She is 40 now. She went thru several treatments for years and finally after artificial isemination had twins....all her teeth have lost enamel...girls who have irregular periods start going to gynecology right away and stop clay...iron pills and orange juice and cilantro water will HELP.....god bless
Hmm I hve a control on me nw a dayz...dun feel lyk eating...although m not hvn any pils..or nythn...

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5602 Apr 18, 2013
Hi Ladies!

For the U.S customers wondering how long shipping takes one of my customers just emailed me and said it took 7 working days! Not bad at all!
pica_Chu

Trenton, NJ

#5603 Apr 18, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Ladies!
For the U.S customers wondering how long shipping takes one of my customers just emailed me and said it took 7 working days! Not bad at all!
I'm in the US..I ordered my clay April 8th... I gotan email from you the very next day and I received it today April 18th!! I'm satisfied :) I haven't tried it yet bc I'm dragging out the anticipation....I'll be back later with my review lol
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#5604 Apr 18, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Hi Ladies!
For the U.S customers wondering how long shipping takes one of my customers just emailed me and said it took 7 working days! Not bad at all!
Do u still have a lot of red clay left?

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5605 Apr 18, 2013
pica_Chu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in the US..I ordered my clay April 8th... I gotan email from you the very next day and I received it today April 18th!! I'm satisfied :) I haven't tried it yet bc I'm dragging out the anticipation....I'll be back later with my review lol
That's pretty decent for an international order isn't it?! I really hope you like it!

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#5606 Apr 18, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u still have a lot of red clay left?
Yes I still do! I have a lot of both clays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some Chinese Grandparents Are Making Their Gran... 12 min pantiago 1
News How the $15 minimum wage could become a new div... 2 hr Fart news 685
Make the Most of Summer with Al Fresco Dining 14 hr FoodLover 1
Think Grapes for Easy Entertaining 14 hr FoodLover 1
News Women Across The World Are Suffering From Baldn... 21 hr jennyesmith 2
News Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Breaks G... Wed Skrillex 7
News Branch of Albany bakery to open in Cohoes (Jul '11) Wed Charlotte StGelais 3
More from around the web