Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9224 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

dirtnclay

UK

#5568 Apr 15, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u eat clay as well if o what kind? Crazy u found us if you don't. And must of the time people come and talk crazy leave u are still here reading. But I like it.
I have no idea what relevance your comment is to my post but yes I eat clay hence my name...dirtnclay.
Alexx

Locust Grove, GA

#5569 Apr 15, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@ Alexx I'm glad you enjoyed your white clay you gotta fast,and what do you think about the red clay?
Yes , I did receive it fast . I enjoy the white clay more than I enjoy the red clay from Leslie . Even though the red clay has a few white veins in it , it still seems very light . Like I'm just eating dried out dirt & not clay . The red clay has a lil bit of grit to it too . But overall I'm still with my white clay . I have both clays sitting in separate paper bags . Just ready to eat now .:)
dirtnclay

UK

#5570 Apr 15, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , I did receive it fast . I enjoy the white clay more than I enjoy the red clay from Leslie . Even though the red clay has a few white veins in it , it still seems very light . Like I'm just eating dried out dirt & not clay . The red clay has a lil bit of grit to it too . But overall I'm still with my white clay . I have both clays sitting in separate paper bags . Just ready to eat now .:)
How did u manage to get the clay in the end?
Soul Sista

Cambridge, UK

#5571 Apr 16, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u still have clay soul sister? Everyone wants to know
I currently have the egg shaped moulded Ghanaian clay in stock but have run out of the chunky clay. I do however have a couple of bags of the chunky clay in the US so if anyone is interested in that please contact me on [email protected] and I will arrange to have it sent to you (postage will be cheaper as well.)
Soul Sista

Cambridge, UK

#5572 Apr 16, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
Soul Sista my clay arrive today Thanks a bunch .!@ Blue Stone Clay I receive your clay too today Youre right its not for ingesting...I will use it for a facial mask . You pack it very nicely Thanks to you as well .
Glad you received the clay. Happy munching in moderation.
zaheera

Falkirk, UK

#5573 Apr 16, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Like nakumatt ?
I actually haven't tasted nakumatt but ya it looks same as nakumatt...
zaheera

Falkirk, UK

#5574 Apr 16, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u know what that is in us dollars
no actually I got it for 5£ for 220gmail....
zaheera

Falkirk, UK

#5575 Apr 16, 2013
Sorry gms
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5576 Apr 16, 2013
good you got your clay mary , i will not pursue it as a edible clay, but as for a healing external clay , it has %55 healing gems in it and looks as if you are putting a liquid gem on your skin . That combined with the rare earths makes it a very desirable cosmetic clay.
not brag-in, just saying.
I'll send you a sample of the cream clay to try, it is extremely creamy clay and i found it 7 miles away from the north slope clay, it very well could be a good edible clay.
As for the cosmetic/healing north slope clay, i have had the test for the 5 dangerous prohibited heavy metals and it is below accepted levels in canada.
I was curious about the levels of the 5 heavy metals in other clays, so i goggled "chemical analysis in healing clay" and found the test for french green clay that they advertise as a edible clay mineralogicaley speaking, it is very similar, but i was shocked to see they have ONLY tested for 4 of the 5 prohibited metals , for some reason they left out mercury.
of the 4 they tested .
turns out their results for lead and arsenic where not acceptable and i have seen before a french green test showed lead at over 300 ppm. this new test is as follows .

french acceptable bluestoneclay
arsenic  53ppm 3ppm        1ppm
lead 55ppm 10ppm 6ppm
bluestoneclay

Courtenay, Canada

#5577 Apr 16, 2013
sorry guys , the post did go on as i wrote it.

acceptable levels for arsenic is 3 ppm
french green is 53 ppm
my clay is 1 ppm

acceptable levels for lead is 10 ppm
french green has levels of 55 ppm
my clay is 6 ppm
Clayforhealth

Chennai, India

#5578 Apr 16, 2013
Does the Georgia kaolin clay, Leslie's clay, mavuseller's clay, soul sista's clay and all the others who are selling on the forum guarantee that their clay is tested as per the standards and does not have the 5 metals above the level required as mentioned by bluestoneclay. In fact whatever be it chalk, DE, white clay, red clay, yellow, green, black or grey, is it safe. If yes I would love to buy from the forum as I have been buying from clay remedies but their clay sticks like anything which I don't like. I love the earthy smell and my flavour is more for a gritty, earthy crunchy but I I don't want to eat anything and everything which is not good for health... I can control and thank god for that. Please lemme know if there's any lay matching my taste which is safe to eat....
Clayforhealth

Chennai, India

#5579 Apr 16, 2013
Also I was told by someone that all the real, good and edible clay will stick.... Is that true?
Pica_Chu

Darby, PA

#5580 Apr 16, 2013
Hey guys! can someone who had tried all of the clay mavu has...such as the original mavu...the Tanzania soil clay...and the white clay tell me which one had the earthiest taste? I ordered the Tanzania soil and I'm waiting for it to arrive but I just wanted to see if anyone had an opinion :) thanx!
Yunus khan

Ashburn, VA

#5581 Apr 16, 2013
ameesha wrote:
can u send me image roasted clay yunus khan
oh yes send my your mail id my id [email protected]
ati

London, UK

#5582 Apr 16, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
Does the Georgia kaolin clay, Leslie's clay,
mavuseller's clay, soul sista's clay and all the others who are selling
on the forum guarantee that their clay is tested as per the standards
and does not have the 5 metals above the level required as mentioned by
bluestoneclay. In fact whatever be it chalk, DE, white clay, red clay,
yellow, green, black or grey, is it safe. If yes I would love to buy
from the forum as I have been buying from clay remedies but their clay
sticks like anything which I don't like. I love the earthy smell and my
flavour is more for a gritty, earthy crunchy but I I don't want to eat
anything and everything which is not good for health... I can control
and thank god for that. Please lemme know if there's any lay matching my
taste which is safe to eat....
are u stop eating clay?
i can also control my craving.
Clayforhealth

Bangalore, India

#5583 Apr 16, 2013
Ati, I eat clay for health purposes only. I eat 1 gram per 30 lbs of body weight.... So for me I eat only around 4 grams of clay each day.. And I just don't like multani mitti.i get my clay from clay remedies, USA....
dirtnclay

London, UK

#5584 Apr 16, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
Ati, I eat clay for health purposes only. I eat 1 gram per 30 lbs of body weight.... So for me I eat only around 4 grams of clay each day.. And I just don't like multani mitti.i get my clay from clay remedies, USA....
Yeah so I don't think you'll find the type of clay you're looking for here. Not for tested health purposes as you seek. The forum sellers sell their clay as novelty so its up to you to eat it or not. As for me, I'm not fussed if its tested or not as I always bake my clay before eating and at the end of the day its my prerogative. Plus I don't think my grandmother in Africa tested her clay for all them levels before she ate it lol

All the clays sold here have been eaten for years in their respective countries so there's no worry from me.
Pica_Chu

Willingboro, NJ

#5585 Apr 16, 2013
Clayforhealth wrote:
what kind of clay do you order and what does it taste like?:)
Smash

Bolton, UK

#5586 Apr 16, 2013
I'm addicted to mabele clay and I need help to stop eating it, right now I'm craving from some and I need to know what makes it so addictive

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#5587 Apr 16, 2013
Mavu emailed say clay on the way.... Yeah!!! I'm in the us... How long it takes for it to get here. OAN: I was talking about price the other day and seems like some got offened. With Leslie dirt you get clay in pounds. With Mavu it's by the piece so I thought it was a lil high and expressed it. It's no issue just asking and expressing like everyone here. Can't wait to try the new clay....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 winter beer picks from the Brewers of Pennsy... 1 hr silly rabbit 1
News Asheville: The Art of Chocolate (Dec '12) 3 hr Johnny 3
News As solar power expands the work day, incomes ri... 17 hr Solarman 1
News Kitchen remodeling 101: Making the space your own (Sep '13) 23 hr vivisa0290 6
News Backyard chickens spur debate in central Ohio c... Dec 7 They cannot kill ... 16
News Spuds on top as celery named as UK's most hated... Dec 7 Well now 10
News The Cuisine of Puerto Rico (Apr '11) Dec 7 HairyGuy 137
More from around the web