Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
5,241 - 5,260 of 8,009 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
iheartclay

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

received my mavu clay too. really like the red one.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Awura wrote:
Where is Soulsista everyone?????I've sent her countless of msgs with no reply,I hope she's ok tho...
Soulsista if you r reading this please get in touch @ kimberly29gh@hotmail.com.I miss the chunky clay sooooo much.
@Mavuseller I placed my order for both clays yesterday,I hope I will like them as I am not use to any other clay aside the Ghanaian ones(not the moulded ones) raw in it natural state,can't wait for the original Mavu as it so much looks like the ones I am used to,also I hope the are not salted are they?
Clay hug everyone...
@Awura She and I exchange email last week. I hope she is okay
Awura

Graz, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

@Mary Tyler,the last email I got from her was on the 3rd April and she was meant to get email me again to confirm that she's posted an order I placed but I didn't hear anything else from her and I have sent her emails like everyday with no reply which is very unusual of her,I just hope she's okay.
zaheera

Chichester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Hi everyone....
I would like to ask if anyone in UK would like to try the Indian roasted clay ...I had just received it two days back but done how I didn't like the taste of it so much but if anyone interested I will try to post it in UK...anywhere ...
LoveClay

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Anyone wants red dirt? I have about 10 bags of red dirt, which i don't think I will use since I've started taking iron tablets and it really helps to curb dirt cravings.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

LoveClay wrote:
Anyone wants red dirt? I have about 10 bags of red dirt, which i don't think I will use since I've started taking iron tablets and it really helps to curb dirt cravings.
Red dirt from Leslie ? Or no ? Because I will love to try some red dirt .
dirt cookies

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

@ zaheera where did you buy it from? cause im in the us i would love to try it.

thanks!
zaheera

Chichester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

I got it from UK itself from an Indian....

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

zaheera wrote:
Hi everyone....
I would like to ask if anyone in UK would like to try the Indian roasted clay ...I had just received it two days back but done how I didn't like the taste of it so much but if anyone interested I will try to post it in UK...anywhere ...
Sure I would also love to try some but I'm in the U.S.
LoveClay

Ballston Spa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Red dirt from Leslie ? Or no ? Because I will love to try some red dirt .
Yes, red dirt from Leslie. I have about 10 bags.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

LoveClay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, red dirt from Leslie. I have about 10 bags.
Can you email me ? alexx.0715@gmail.com
anjali

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

zaheera wrote:
Hi everyone....
i would love to try tht bt i am in canada..........
rinkie

Lucknow, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

hi zaheera can u sand this clay lucknow what is this charge
zaheera

Chichester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Oh my God...so many of you all want it but I guess sending to US I need to check the charges I will let you know....
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

zaheera wrote:
Oh my God...so many of you all want it but I guess
sending to US I need to check the charges I will let you
know....
hii...
is this red clay or yellow clay?
i never tested rosted clay..
ati

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

zaheera will u tell me what is rosted clay?
Pica_chu

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

zaheera wrote:
Hi everyone....
I would like to try this clay :) but I'm in the US
Pica_chu

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

MavuSeller wrote:
The Official MAVU Facebook page is now live!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MAVU/380522282...
Here you can see the behind the scenes pictured of the clay being baked etc.
There's also detailed pics of the clays so you know exactly what you will be getting.
Please do like and share so that more people can know about and enjoy these new clays!
Also do friend me if you like:
https://www.facebook.com/mavu.seller
Enjoy the rest of your day!
Hey mavu! I love the website and the new products I should be getting the red soil cake any day now and I can't wait!! I was wondering if there was any way you could post an actual video of the clay making from start to finish....I haven't really seen any videos like that and I'm very interested In the process :) once again thank you for the new clay...the great customer service and your presence in the forum! Clay hugs!!
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Pica_chu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mavu! I love the website and the new products I should be getting the red soil cake any day now and I can't wait!! I was wondering if there was any way you could post an actual video of the clay making from start to finish....I haven't really seen any videos like that and I'm very interested In the process :) once again thank you for the new clay...the great customer service and your presence in the forum! Clay hugs!!
mi too i also wnt to c hw it been made
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Pica_chu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, I was curious about the process too and so was searching youtube and just by coincidence I have just found a video that shows part of the process and gives info. on the Tanzanian soil:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Food Forum right now

Search the Food Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Little Caesars cements deal 26 min Bob 13
Poland asks US to buy apples banned by Russia 33 min Oliver Cromwell 16
Long Beach BBQ Festival: Tender ribs and a atom... 38 min nuzmon 1
One man's uphill battle against childhood obesity 50 min tyimmy 1
Former candy factory in Everett transforming in... 1 hr Seth Ashford 1
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban 1 hr PUTIN a NAZI PIG 159
Lost Province Brewing opens in downtown Boone 15 hr GoASU4U 4
•••
•••