Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,752
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
ati

London, UK

#5437 Apr 5, 2013
Ameesha wrote:
I m a 28 now i m started eating it 15 year
its so long time. u have any side effect?
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5438 Apr 5, 2013
@Aduka or @love clay Does anybody know if there is Ghana clay that in the shape of a ball instead of the egg-shape kind? If so has anyone ever taste it,does it taste the same as the egg shape Ghana Clay that we buy on the forum?
Ameesha

Ashburn, VA

#5439 Apr 5, 2013
No aati no any side effect bcs ilov those taste but bad worth this stick in mouth so i dont like this
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5440 Apr 5, 2013
A few relatively new videos, on:

Georgia White Dirt (it looks so good - shame it's wasted on the people who eat it at the end);

Cornstarch (a very heavy eater that I've posted a video about before); and

A young woman who eats sand (she likes it picked up straight from the surface of playgrounds and parks!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#5441 Apr 5, 2013
Would love to pay a visit here:

Riskier

Plymouth, MN

#5442 Apr 5, 2013
Mahi, Atti, Deepti,
Be very careful before you eat any clay....there is a very high risk of not being able to conceive....you gals are too young...you will have to go to doctors for several treatments to get pregnant. The best thing to do is start iron pills...it will work...the clay will taste very bad, once you have eaten iron pills for few weeks.....god bless!!!
ackee

Bronx, NY

#5443 Apr 5, 2013
Those videos are good. thanks for posting.
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5444 Apr 5, 2013
pls wer can i get kaolin clay frm in shops like walmart nd so
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5445 Apr 5, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't easy telling her but she had to understand that I am dealing w/ pica & if she wasn't going to take me to the doctor & get me some iron pills then all she can do is try to support me on my habit . I've been struggling for a while to tell her & even then she thought it was a phase until I made her do some research . But she puts me on restriction on how much money she gives me ... Every month . But if I can get clay then I'm happy . No complaining from me .
so if i cnt get normal clay like the ghana clay and others cn i try kaolin clay i head it almost de same but das nt ve the earhty,crunchy,creamy,foaming, melting flavour.
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5446 Apr 5, 2013
can someone tell ma another kind of clay nt dat ghana clay and nukumatt somefin i cn use to replace ma cravings of de above mention clay.and i cn easily gt in shops wen i ned it.
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#5447 Apr 5, 2013
feedme more clay wrote:
pls wer can i get kaolin clay frm in shops like walmart nd so
Kaolin clay is not found in Walmart . That's why most people but it offline . Like how I tried to do , but seem like my mom tricked me saying she'll give me $10 for clay but never really did . I really don't know where you can find kaolin clay . In the US where I'm from , I used to see them in little covient stores . Like small business stores . But as I got older I seen less & less small business sell them . Depending upon where you from , your probably can find somebody on this forum that can help you . Some say they can get kaolin clay from African markets for really cheap . Which is really cool .
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#5448 Apr 6, 2013
bluestoneclay wrote:
Can you guys post websites of edible clay suppliers, so i can do more research.
@Bluestoneclay I emailed you a few that I Google.
ati

London, UK

#5449 Apr 6, 2013
Riskier wrote:
Mahi, Atti,
Deepti,
Be very careful before you eat any clay....there is a very high risk of
not being able to conceive....you gals are too young...you will have to
go to doctors for several treatments to get pregnant. The best thing to
do is start iron pills...it will work...the clay will taste very bad,
once you have eaten iron pills for few weeks.....god bless!!!
i know it. but i m not badly eating clay. some time i just eating 1,2 spoon clay .
Mz libra

Brooklyn, NY

#5450 Apr 6, 2013
Just watched the new white dirt video on YT.... Those people don't know what they are missing. Kaolin clay taste is good just like my cornstarch. I'm going to try Argo laundry starch they sell it at the gas station by my house. Has anyone eaten it before?
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5451 Apr 6, 2013
@alexx im also in usa
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#5452 Apr 6, 2013
feedme more clay wrote:
@alexx im also in usa
Oh okay . Well most people buy it offline . Big businesses like wal mart , target , krogers , publix , or ingles don't sell kaolin clay . But they do sell corn starch . I never tried it . You can try
Goodoledirt.com
Or
Whitegeorgiadirt.com
feedme more clay

Columbus, OH

#5453 Apr 6, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh okay . Well most people buy it offline . Big businesses like wal mart , target , krogers , publix , or ingles don't sell kaolin clay . But they do sell corn starch . I never tried it . You can try
Goodoledirt.com
Or
Whitegeorgiadirt.com
ve u tried ani of them
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

#5454 Apr 6, 2013
ati wrote:
<quoted text>
i know it. but i m not badly eating clay. some time i just eating 1,2 spoon clay .
That's really good that u keep your cravings in control.
Riskier

Plymouth, MN

#5455 Apr 6, 2013
Riskier wrote:
Mahi, Atti, Deepti,
Be very careful before you eat any clay....there is a very high risk of not being able to conceive....you gals are too young...you will have to go to doctors for several treatments to get pregnant. The best thing to do is start iron pills...it will work...the clay will taste very bad, once you have eaten iron pills for few weeks.....god bless!!!
Has anyone noticed severe tooth decay...My teeth are getting really bad...and my dentist mentioned that I have no enamel left on my back teeth....he mentioned it is because of the clay.........?
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#5456 Apr 6, 2013
feedme more clay wrote:
<quoted text>ve u tried ani of them
I tried both . Good ole dirt ; their clay is more natural . Very earthy , & the bag is very packed , it's also chopped up into nice chunks so you can already pop one in your mouth .
Georgia white dirt ; their clay is good as well . But when I first got my batch it wasn't earthy . It taste chemically to me . Like buying white crayola chalk from Walmart . Very nasty . So I had to put it in a paper bag & let it dry out & then the clay had its earthy flavor & it was very crunchy & smooth . Good ole dirt is crunchy when you first bite into it & then it's this smooth cream in your mouth . Also with Georgia white dirt , their dirt comes in a chunk , so what I did was wrap the plastic bag in a towel & got a hammer & smash it to break it up . So all in all , their both good clays but if I had to choose one to eat for the rest of my life I would choose good ole dirt . Georgia white dirt , I had to do a lot in order for it to satisfy my needs . But everybody has their different opinions .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dogs go to heaven, Pope Francis says 4 hr Meat Eater 4
News Hits: Schuette OKs school taxes for new Re... 10 hr reality is a crutch 1
Food Dehydrator (Oct '10) 19 hr Pavlos Lombardi 2
Japanese Cherry Blossoms 20 hr SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 2
McD's burger on chopping block Tue Intelligent Stand... 1
Woman Cooking Sees Deer Run in Her Bathroom Tue Adrian Godsafe MSc 18
Culver's 'Butter Burgers' come to Tampa; shops ... Tue Not For Long 2